76 replies to this topic

#16 Folsom Daycare Provider

Folsom Daycare Provider

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:34 AM

Well Resume Lady I've got you beat smile.gif I've got 2 girls 24 & 21 and a 5 year old son named Devin. Talk about a change in life style, lol

#17 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:49 AM

My hat's off to you, Folsom Daycare Provider. I would think by the time your children are grown you're thinking you're done with the child rearing phase of life. I'd be curious to hear how you parenting has changed from the way you did things with the girls to how you're raising your son now. You have all that wisdom and hindsight now.... are you a different kind of parent?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#18 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

I have a 16 month old Daughter and SHE IS A FIRECRACKER!!!
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#19 Folsom Daycare Provider

Folsom Daycare Provider

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jul 16 2005, 10:49 AM)
My hat's off to you, Folsom Daycare Provider. I would think by the time your children are grown you're thinking you're done with the child rearing phase of life. I'd be curious to hear how you parenting has changed from the way you did things with the girls to how you're raising your son now. You have all that wisdom and hindsight now.... are you a different kind of parent?

View Post

The first big difference is when my girls were infants/toddlers they didn't have things like playgroups, playdates, and Mom's groups. Stay-at-home Mom didn't have house keepers and we didn't put our children in childcare while staying at home. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what you do. It's just very different from back in the early 80's, also gone is the big hair (still trying to recover from that one rofl.gif My son was a very unexpected, but very welcomed surprise. Imagine visiting your oldest in college and finding out your pregnant eek.gif What a life change and a very good one at that, only wish I'd had another baby soon after him so he wasn't an only child. Raising a son seems very different from girls and even more funny is my daycare is all boys. The girls loved to sit and color, play with their dolls and play dress up. My son is very much into trains and loves to draw. At my age now, I don't sweat the small stuff. Funny stuff will happen and my oldest daughter will say I can't believe that doesn't bother you and I think back when I was her age (24) it probably would have smile.gif One things for sure, I realize how quickly they grow up, so I'm in no hurry to send to him to kindergarten at just 5, I'll wait till next year when he just 6.

#20 randb

randb

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:20 PM

3 kids, 1 boy who is 9 and 2 girls 8 and 3.

#21 folsomBlondie

folsomBlondie

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

Oh My!!!!!!!! What a gap in between. Why so?

QUOTE(Folsom Daycare Provider @ Jul 16 2005, 09:34 AM)
Well Resume Lady I've got you beat  smile.gif I've got 2 girls 24 & 21 and a 5 year old son named Devin. Talk about a change in life style, lol

View Post

#22 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

I have a daughter that is 9 years old.

#23 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:39 AM

I have 2...... My son is 14 1/2 and will be a sophomore at FHS, and my daughter is 33 and running her own business in Maine.
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#24 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:27 AM

I have a 5-year old daughter who turns 6 on Halloween.

#25 Folsom Daycare Provider

Folsom Daycare Provider

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:35 AM

I guess I forgot to add my 2 step-sons ages 30 & 33 with our 4 grandchildren. All the grandchildren are older than our 5 year old son rofl.gif

#26 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:07 PM

Well it is official I saw the heartbeat today, I am eight weeks pregnant with #3! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#27 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Jul 18 2005, 10:39 AM)
I have 2......  My son is 14 1/2 and will be a sophomore at FHS, and my daughter is 33 and running her own business in Maine.

View Post

Holy Cow! That's about 19 years in between 1 and 2. I only have 13 years in between 1 and 4! When you have them in increments they can babysit for one another. I have 25 (in a few days), 23, 16, and 12.

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Aug 10 2005, 04:07 PM)
Well it is official I saw the heartbeat today, I am eight weeks pregnant with #3! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

View Post

Congrats! #3's a breeze. specool.gif
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#28 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Aug 10 2005, 04:07 PM)

View Post

Congrats! Must be something in the water?! Sooooo many preggo's!

#29 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

Three that I know of.

2 boys 9 and 5 and a girl 14 mos.
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#30 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(tessieca @ Aug 10 2005, 05:15 PM)
Congrats!  #3's a breeze.  specool.gif

View Post

I don't know, so far I feel pretty sick and nothing sounds good to eat. I can wait to love to eat food again!

Hopefully with labor and the end stuff your right! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users