14 replies to this topic

#1 whyknow

whyknow

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Beginning Thursday, October 2, 2008.

Looking for an individual with a personal, reliable vehicle, preferably a late model 4-door sedan, to drive me (in their vehicle) to and from my professional job in Plymouth on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays indefinitely.

This person will need to pick me up in Folsom at 8:30 each morning to be at work in Plymouth by 9:30, and pick me up at 6:00-6:15pm from the same location in Plymouth and take me back to Folsom.

The drive door to door will be approximately 45-60 minutes (with occasional stop at Starbucks in El Dorado Hills off Latrobe).

You will be paid $50 cash at the end of each day, with the occasional bonus.

On occasion I will need to leave Plymouth early to attend events in the Sacramento area, I will pay $75 cash to the driver to drive me to the event from Plymouth. The drive back from Sac to Folsom is not needed. These days will be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance.

The route is Hwy 50 to Latrobe then into Plymouth via Old Sacramento Rd.

In your response please let me know how long you have been driving and how familiar you are with the area. Serious responses from individuals available to drive me all three days.

I look forward to hearing from you!

#2 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(whyknow @ Sep 27 2008, 02:17 PM) View Post

Looking for an individual with a personal, reliable vehicle, preferably a late model 4-door sedan, to drive me (in their vehicle) to and from my professional job in Plymouth on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays indefinitely.

This person will need to pick me up in Folsom at 8:30 each morning to be at work in Plymouth by 9:30, and pick me up at 6:00-6:15pm from the same location in Plymouth and take me back to Folsom.

The drive door to door will be approximately 45-60 minutes (with occasional stop at Starbucks in El Dorado Hills off Latrobe).

On occasion I will need to leave Plymouth early to attend events in the Sacramento area, I will pay $75 cash to the driver to drive me to the event from Plymouth. The drive back from Sac to Folsom is not needed. These days will be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance.

In your response please let me know how long you have been driving and how familiar you are with the area. Serious responses from individuals available to drive me all three days.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to rent a car? Or did you lose your license?
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#3 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

What does the person have to do to earn the bonus?

#4 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

Try the Rideshare section of Craigslist
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rid/

#5 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hire a professional taxi or driver service...or a retired dude who has nothing else to do all day but hang out in coffee shops waiting for u.....
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#6 Warren G

Warren G

Fancy Title goes here

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

So, either hang out in Plymouth all day waiting for the return trip, or make an extra to/from trip to Plymouth each day.

Either ~10hours of time for $50 minus car expense and ~$12 in gas, or 6x35 minutes of driving for $50. And that's about $20 in gas too. I don't think those numbers look very good.
"Is that your bike? It sure looks fast."

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(Warren G @ Sep 27 2008, 08:29 PM) View Post
So, either hang out in Plymouth all day waiting for the return trip, or make an extra to/from trip to Plymouth each day.

Either ~10hours of time for $50 minus car expense and ~$12 in gas, or 6x35 minutes of driving for $50. And that's about $20 in gas too. I don't think those numbers look very good.

Yeah, but it would be ideal for someone that already works in Plymouth or maybe at Mule Creek to pick up $50 a day for a drive they make anyway The only hard part would be those occasional Sacramento trips.

#8 Thor2074

Thor2074

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

It would be worth it if the fee was $50 plus gas a day.

#9 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

31 miles each way * 4 trips = 124 miles / 22mpg = 5.6 gallons * $3.49/g = $19.67 in gas alone.

124 miles at the 58.5c federal mileage rate (http://www.irs.gov/t...=156624,00.html) is $72.54/day including gas, insurance, wear&tear, etc.

$50/day for almost 4 hours driving, means around -$5.64 (yes, that's negative) per hour.

Unless someone is going that way, during those times, that's a hard "job" to want to sign up for.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#10 whyknow

whyknow

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

The bonus would be wine. I work for a winery and have no problem throwing in a bottle of nice wine each weekend. And yes, I lost my license.

Thanks everyone for your insight and suggestions. Maybe I'll have a look at Craigslist as my next move.

Cheers!

#11 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(whyknow @ Sep 28 2008, 11:45 AM) View Post
The bonus would be wine. I work for a winery and have no problem throwing in a bottle of nice wine each weekend. And yes, I lost my license.

I won't ask if the winery job and the license issue are related rolleyes.gif Sorry, couldn't resist!

#12 whyknow

whyknow

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(DavidH @ Sep 28 2008, 01:41 PM) View Post
I won't ask if the winery job and the license issue are related rolleyes.gif Sorry, couldn't resist!

LOL! I was wondering who would be the first to point out a possible coincidence.

#13 Ram_it!

Ram_it!

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles<br />Trucks<br />Boats<br />camping<br />

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

Where in Plymouth do you work? Most of the winerys that I can think of are closer to the Fiddletown area which can get significalty further out than Plymouth. Doesnt seem like a very good deal for 50 bucks. I would blow 50 bucks just in gas with my truck and I dont work for free. I dont drink wine either so the benfit package wont do me any good.

"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing."
Socrates

#14 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(Ram_it! @ Oct 2 2008, 05:27 PM) View Post
Where in Plymouth do you work? Most of the winerys that I can think of are closer to the Fiddletown area which can get significalty further out than Plymouth. Doesnt seem like a very good deal for 50 bucks. I would blow 50 bucks just in gas with my truck and I dont work for free. I dont drink wine either so the benfit package wont do me any good.

There are a lot of them off of Shenandoah Road on Steiner Road before Fiddletown. Deaver and Sobon are two that come to mind.

#15 whyknow

whyknow

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:34 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users