2 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:44 AM

Does anyone know the procedure to introduce legislation to the city council to try and get a new law passed? I would like to write a bill and submit it for consideration, however I am not too familiar with how local policies are implemented. Do I need to gather sigantures first? Any help would be great! Thanks.

#2 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:10 AM

Contact the City Attorney. They will be able to instruct you on the exact process. Usually you need to have the idea sponsored by a Council Member and drafted into a Bill. You will need to "sell" you idea and justify why its needed and what its implication are (financial or non) and its potential community impact before a Bill is drafted.

It is not as easy as it might seem.

http://www.folsom.ca...dex.asp?page=54
City Attorney's Office
Phone: (916) 355-7350
FAX: (916) 355-7328

E-mail: attydept@folsom.ca.us

The City Attorney is the chief legal officer of the City of Folsom, and is responsible for advising the Mayor, City Council, and City Manager as to all legal matters pertaining to the City. The City Attorney also provides all Department Heads with advice regarding the law as it relates to the affairs of the City. The City Attorney and his staff are committed to providing accurate, timely, and effective legal advice and support to the City Council, City Manager, and City administrative staff.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#3 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 10:33 AM

Great! Thank You! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users