6 replies to this topic

#1 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hey, can anyone out there recommend an emergency vet for my sick, old cat? I haven't had to take them to the vet since we moved out here in March, so I don't have a Folsom-centric vet. My cat is sick and I'm going to go to the yellow pages now, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask here.

#2 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

The cat clinic is a good vet, but not open on weekends...I heard Blue Ravine Vet, I believe it's called is also good.....
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#3 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:02 PM

Most of the folsom vets refer to the emergency clinic off of Bradshaw and Highway 50.
Hope your kitty is ok.
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#4 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:57 PM

Lake Forest Pet Vet in El Dorado Hills. It's located at the corner of Green Valley and Francisco. There is a mini mart type place on the corner and a fitness facility in the same center. They are also open seven days a week. One of the vets specializes in cats.

Hope your cat feels better soon.

#5 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

Thanks everyone. Rosalind is better. She had an "episode" this afternoon that lasted close to an hour. She was unresponsive, breathing shallowly and lethargic. Of course, as soon as I went to find out where to take her, she started to snap out of it. She's had these here and there over the past ten years (usually with foaming at the mouth) and they aren't ever able to figure out exactly why.

But, I have to take her and her sister in this week. They are both at least 16, Celia has another tumor and Rosalind is no longer able to hop up on the sofa or bed. A year ago they were both in the beginning stages of renal failure and hyperthyroidism and I think their age is starting to get to them. sad.gif

#6 futuremrs4

futuremrs4

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

There is an emergency vet on Greenback Lane, by a church, on the right hand side (if you are heading toward the sunrise area). They are very expensive though!!!!! My dog spained his leg at night and i basically paid 795 bucks for doggy tylenol and an xray!

#7 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(benning @ Jan 14 2007, 02:02 PM) View Post
Most of the folsom vets refer to the emergency clinic off of Bradshaw and Highway 50.
Hope your kitty is ok.

I recommend them. Christie the battlecat walked in late one night looking like she had just lost a fight with a porcupine - she had these long (about 4 inch) quill-like things sticking out of her face and side that wouldn't come out. Usually she doesn't go outside much, but apparently she fell on a neighbor's cactus.

Everything else was closed because of the time, but the clinic took her right in, and were so good with her too. They even told me what a gentle and brave cat she was during the whole procedure. That must've been the tranquilizers, since ordinarilly she's a psycho kitty smile.gif
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users