#31 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Nov 16 2008, 06:15 PM) View Post
Unless my 9 year old grows a foot this year he will be able to use this bike for a long time. And, yeah, he doesn't just cruise on it on the weekends. He actually rides it a fair amount. He probably averages 40-50 miles per week. I think you are out of your mind for letting your child ride on an accident waiting to happen. It's not about being a bike snob it's about caring for the safety of your kids...

People wil justify anything.........Watch Suze Orman......
You are loco.....The millions of people who ride bikes in China are somehow are alive and well...Same in the USA with their substandard bikes.....
Bike maintenance is necessary, but you don't have to have a $600 bike for a kid....AND you know what, if everyone had a $600 bike for their kid there would be bike shops like Starbucks!
NOW, if your child rides that many miles, you can still get a stronger bike for half that....Most kids are happy with their $150 bike........
AND for the lady who would have exercised more if she had a more expensive bike I just have this to say...BOLOGNA!
Don't blame your childhood on your lack of physical health.....If you can walk, you can be in shape...Also, this reminds me of a past extremely successful marketing campaign from Nike..... "It's the shoes!" HOW ghetto....That's how Michael Jordan made a lot of money on people like you who think that they have to have the best shoes (insert over-price items here) for recreational activities.....Michael Jordan is laughing all the way to the bank....and kids got shot because of their $200 shoes.....Brand imprinting is obviously having its affect on this forum....
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#32 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Nov 17 2008, 09:41 AM) View Post
You are loco.....The millions of people who ride bikes in China are somehow are alive and well...Same in the USA with their substandard bikes.....
Bike maintenance is necessary, but you don't have to have a $600 bike for a kid....AND you know what, if everyone had a $600 bike for their kid there would be bike shops like Starbucks!
NOW, if your child rides that many miles, you can still get a stronger bike for half that....Most kids are happy with their $150 bike........
AND for the lady who would have exercised more if she had a more expensive bike I just have this to say...BOLOGNA!
Don't blame your childhood on your lack of physical health.....If you can walk, you can be in shape...Also, this reminds me of a past extremely successful marketing campaign from Nike..... "It's the shoes!" HOW ghetto....That's how Michael Jordan made a lot of money on people like you who think that they have to have the best shoes (insert over-price items here) for recreational activities.....Michael Jordan is laughing all the way to the bank....and kids got shot because of their $200 shoes.....Brand imprinting is obviously having its affect on this forum....

sounds more like you are justifying why you buy your kid cheap crap.
<3

#33 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Nov 17 2008, 09:41 AM) View Post

I'm not justifying anything to anybody, especially you. People in China ride bikes that are OLD and built well. They also ride for transportation. When I am stressed and want to go ride 20 mph plus for extended distances a chinese POS is not going to last even 1 ride. I'll prove it to you. Buy me one of these high tech Target bikes and let me ride it around, I'll let you have it back in a couple of days when it's destroyed. Even the chinese wouldn't spend their hard earned cash on this new, crap built in China.

#34 stangage70

stangage70

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

...you get what you pay for...

Sure - a Walmart or Target bike will get one from here to there. If you don't know what you are missing, perhaps it will do. With frequent maintenance, they are perhaps even safe enough.

However to suggest that these are even comparable to more stubstantial bikes is humorous.

A good piece of machinery will be used more often and last longer. Kids will be much more likely to use them if they work properly and efficiently (i.e. don't weight a ton). Teaching to ride is easier on a good unit.

If you envision yourself cycling a bit - it is worth investing in a reasonable cycle. If a new one is too costly, a used bike can provide a good value.

I don't get passed by those on Huffy's.

#35 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Nov 17 2008, 09:44 AM) View Post

QUOTE(stangage70 @ Nov 17 2008, 11:03 AM) View Post
...you get what you pay for...

However to suggest that these are even comparable to more stubstantial bikes is humorous.

A good piece of machinery will be used more often and last longer. Kids will be much more likely to use them if they work properly and efficiently (i.e. don't weight a ton). Teaching to ride is easier on a good unit.

that's how I see this too....

and with all the fired up posts in this ad for a bike... I hope the bike gets sold soon for the sake of the seller who's had to put up with all this.. in what started simply as an ad for a bicycle for sale.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#36 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Nov 17 2008, 09:44 AM) View Post

Whatever.....I don't need to justify....look at the stats....

#37 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Nov 18 2008, 08:49 AM) View Post
Whatever.....I don't need to justify....look at the stats....

Yep, the minimal is good enough for stupid, fat, lazy Americans...

#38 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

You must be one of them.....
You are American, aren't you???? You can stay thin by riding a regular priced bike as well as a $2000....I didn't know CHINA had a special plant where they make their bikes SUPERIOR, but save the cheap ones for TARGET customers...LOL! Maybe because they don't need reinforced steel because they aren't FAT...
It's funny how reactive you are over the audacity of someone buying a $150 dollar bike...You act like I just bought a fake Luis Vuitton purse.....the nerve.......
Chill dude....Face it, those bikes may not last 10 years, but guess what, kids grow out of their bike every two to three years max.....
You have your opinion and I have mine...Let it be....
Next thing you tell me is that my sweatpants from wallmart can't compare to the Nike ones just because they don't have the swoosh label.......NOW, lycra is another thing...and I personally don't want to see anyone wearing that riding around unless they can hula hoop thru a Cheerio.....

#39 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

I guess all the perchlorate makes people crazy around here.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#40 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Nov 16 2008, 06:15 PM) View Post
Unless my 9 year old grows a foot this year he will be able to use this bike for a long time. And, yeah, he doesn't just cruise on it on the weekends. He actually rides it a fair amount. He probably averages 40-50 miles per week. I think you are out of your mind for letting your child ride on an accident waiting to happen. It's not about being a bike snob it's about caring for the safety of your kids...

40-50 miles a week? A 9 yr old? Dude, you are the King of exaggeration. I know adults that ride 4-5 nights a week and maybe they avg 50 miles a week. Get a clue.
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#41 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Nov 18 2008, 10:12 AM) View Post
40-50 miles a week? A 9 yr old? Dude, you are the King of exaggeration. I know adults that ride 4-5 nights a week and maybe they avg 50 miles a week. Get a clue.

uhhh no he is not exaggerating... they ride the aprox 13mile loop around lake natoma 3-6 times a week (depending on how much homework the kid has)

It was a huge difference when he had the cheap POS bike, to getting him a REAL bike!! The kid could keep up with dad easier, go farther with a lot less effort, and LIKED riding a whole lot more then when he had the POS.

A POS is fine if you want your kid to stay in the neighborhood, ride once in a while, or not really use it as transportation any real distance......

otherwise.... a real bike is more then worth the $$ you spend on it.
<3

#42 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Nov 18 2008, 10:12 AM) View Post

Great for them... 50 miles is not that far... I can do that in less than 3 hours...

#43 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Nov 18 2008, 09:59 AM) View Post
You must be one of them.....
You are American, aren't you???? You can stay thin by riding a regular priced bike as well as a $2000....I didn't know CHINA had a special plant where they make their bikes SUPERIOR, but save the cheap ones for TARGET customers...LOL! Maybe because they don't need reinforced steel because they aren't FAT...

I don't see a whole lot of working class chinese people in China with new bicycles... I know that you know everything about everything so I guess you are right. You go cruise your 1 mile on your commie supporting POS bike... I'm going to go home and ride my nice American built Trek roadbike. Let me know when you get 1000's of miles on your Huffy. DIAF!

#44 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Nov 18 2008, 10:32 AM) View Post
I don't see a whole lot of working class chinese people in China with new bicycles... I know that you know everything about everything so I guess you are right. You go cruise your 1 mile on your commie supporting POS bike... I'm going to go home and ride my nice American built Trek roadbike. Let me know when you get 1000's of miles on your Huffy. DIAF!

OK, I had to google "DIAF" 'cause I am old and out of touch. Funny but not real nice. tongue.gif

#45 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

LOL!!! You people turned a simple classified add into a 3 page diatribe on which product to buy. rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Go outside and play
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users