3 replies to this topic

#1 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

So I built a new pc a while back and just today installed Itunes (again). Unfortunately, their backup app did not back up my music. Only purchased music was backed up, nothing that I ripped. That wasn't a problem until I got a new phone. While I have 750 songs on my old phone, ITunes does not even recognize them and will not let me import them into Itunes (some bs about piracy). Has anyone dealt with this? Did you need to get third party software? If so, what did you use? I am always reluctant to use software that has the potential to be used for less than savory purposes, as it frequently has malware attached.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#2 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

Can't you just copy the ripped CD music (non itunes purchases) files from your old PC to the new one?

You can restore all your itunes purchases thru the app to transfer them to your new PC.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:49 AM

Nope. The reason I built a new pc was that my hard drive crashed, and while my backup drive had all my photos and documents, I didn't think to back up music. SInce the drive was dead, I decided to not only get a new drive, but to update the OS, and get a new MB, processor, video card, power supply, case, and memory (essentially a new PC). As the old PC was no longer in existence, no way to copy.  Lesson learned I guess. On that note, I do have a full tower case if anyone wants it, also an LGA 775 socket motherboard with a 2ghz processor and some other components.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#4 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

If you're looking to avoid losing your music in the future, I recommend BACKBLAZE to my clients for online backup. I've had three external hard drives fail so I no longer trust those. I'd have one as a third option. BackBlaze is an excellent "set-it and forget-it" service. VERY reasonable and superb quality. I have been affiliated with the company for 2 years now in my position with the National Assn of Professional Organizers and have heard nothing but positive things about them. 

They are also a local employer, having one of their server set-ups in Rancho Cordova. 

Backblaze:

http://tinyurl.com/pxpm9tg

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users