41 replies to this topic

#31 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Have you called this person and asked them if they were involved in an accident with a child on a skateboard during late August of 2009, in the 200 block of Willow Creek at dusk?

If you are so interested in people casting aspersions involving rumors, why don't you do something about it and ask the person if this indeed did happen or not?

What do you mean if I am interested in casting aspersions involving rumors? I am not the person who brought this subject up or keeps bringing it up every few months for two years now!

Why don't you ask this person why don't they speak up and put this story to rest? This makes no sense at all to me, if someone was asking me if I was involved in accident with someone, why in the world wouldn't I confirm or deny it........UNLESS there may have been a coverup or something inapprorpiate happening. IF something like this happened, then you'd have to kinda lay low and avoid answering any questions, because any response would lead to more questions, that someone can't answer without exposing what happened.

I'm not sure if the person wouls have a legal requirement to confirm or deny such an incident, or if the person even had a gag agreement placed on a settlement? I don't even know if something like that is legal. I am however, baffled by the story itself. If you claim the incident happened, and you claim there are photos, then I suppose this would be a slam dunk. You aren't bringing those forward so it really makes me wonder if someone is pulling something over on you; and making you look like a storyteller.

In the past you really have been very hard on others involved in accidents involving alcohol or Children, why aren't you showing the same concern here or do you do this based upon who the PERSON is? Instead you are trying to run interference and attack those asking legitimate questions while trying to expose the truth around here. Why such a double standard with you on this one?

You are right, I am a huge critic of alcohol and car combinations. I am a huge critic of grafting, corruption in office, and misuse of authority. I am a huge critic of abuse of color. I am a huge critic of double standards. BUT>.....you have no proof. That's all. That's my hang-up. I'm not trying to run interference. I am trying to maintain a neutral stance until the facts are in. You have given us no facts. Facts are quantitative. Facts are empirical. Facts have statements, pictures, hospital bills, traffic fines...something other than hearsay from someone who was not there. And many someone's who were not there, does not make it a fact either!
You see what I'm saying?

Accidents happen all the time and I'd surely NOT think less of anyone who was involved in one! What troubles me about this and should all of us who are concerend about corruption and coverups is why isn't this being explained or denied in public?

I'm extremely surprised at you for getting involved in the coverup and equally disappointed in you for choosing to go this route instead of seeking out the truth?

I won't play with a person's character or reputation like this. Either send this to the DOJ or step back and reconsider the validity of your source. I doubt you would get a respnse from them, either. They are not required to inform you of any investigations they are committed to.

You are being used and you don't even know it and in the process making it tougher on all our PO and Firefighters and all the dedicated conscientous employees who work at the City!

I don't know. I hope I am just being a fair and impartial person until facts are presented. That is what I would ask of other myfolsomites if I were in a sticky situation.

#32 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

I don't know. I hope I am just being a fair and impartial person until facts are presented. That is what I would ask of other myfolsomites if I were in a sticky situation.

You aren't being impartial, that is part of the problem!

In your previous post here is what you said;

"Absolutely no one. it is a fabrication that is being bandied around like corn candy on fright night."

How can one call something a fabrication and then claim to be impartial? If you were truly impartial, you wouldn't be making any judgemental types of comments!

Have you talked with the person about this issue? Did they deny or confirm there was an accident?

The LEO and others who work for the city aren't going to stick their necks out to expose the truth when the very people they work for are trying to bury this!

If you really were sincere about getting at the truth, why not simply call the person and ask them the question!

That is what I tried to do after hearing about this incident from various sources. I simply asked if anyone seeking reelection was involved in an auto accident involving a child on a skateboard? No one ever answered the question!

Why aren't you up in arms that your elected officials can't confirm or deny an auto accident?

#33 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

If a skateboarder and a vehicle met, there would be a report from PD or CHP. Request the report and then post it.
This can't go on forever.

What is wrong with having the expectation of an elected official denying or confirming they were involvd in an auto accident in the City they are elected to office in?

Why doesn't this failure to answer this question raise all kinds of concerns that an elected official can't answer this simplest of questions?

There must be a reason why there isn't any response to this simplest of question being asked?

#34 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

You aren't being impartial, that is part of the problem!

In your previous post here is what you said;

"Absolutely no one. it is a fabrication that is being bandied around like corn candy on fright night."

How can one call something a fabrication and then claim to be impartial? If you were truly impartial, you wouldn't be making any judgemental types of comments!
Robert you are the person trying to make this person into something that cannot be conformed or denied. The spirit of the law says the burden falls upon you to bring such evidence in cases of such accusations. This is not hard to do. Bring forth your evidence. Bring it to a grand jury and an insist upon an internal investigation if it so needs. Do not tell me that because I am now doubting your story tellers veracity that it means that I am responsible for hindering the law. Do not tell me that I need to go investigate this! This story is in your lap! You speak in shadows and half-truths and appear frightened to lay it on the table. I'm not sure why. Are you afraid of being sued for libel? If you have talked to this person, or the witnesses, or the victim, or the victims parents than surely you know how to contact them. Give that contact information to the grand jury and let them do their job.
Has it ever occurred to you that they simply do not have any lawful obligation to address your questions because you are not using the correct forum for such accusations? Why would you claim I am interfering? This is not my investigation. Turn your information over to the right authorities like a good Samaritan and let then run with it. Done. Problem fixed. Let's move on. If there is a guilty party they will slip up eventually. And when they do the records you provide will assist in the authorities seeing to justice.
I wonder if you have allowed yourself to get too close to this information and are not logically considering the proper course of information. There has to be a story verified with names and info before it can become an investigation. Take it up to the board of police investigations with the DOJ. Let them review it for improper actions. If there was then there will be another investigation to follow on that other person.
Since you have been advised of that, and have not done so---then yeah--I do think there is a very big hole in your story. Take it to the right people and let them help you knit it together.

And another thing---if those LEO are not going to stick their necks out for justice then how the eff am I the bad guy for doubting your story. You say I am hurting them. Thats a BS call. Don't make me a bad guy here, Robert. Everyone has choices in their career in what kind of moralities they will follow. regardless of the profession they have chosen
Have you talked with the person about this issue? Did they deny or confirm there was an accident?

The LEO and others who work for the city aren't going to stick their necks out to expose the truth when the very people they work for are trying to bury this!

If you really were sincere about getting at the truth, why not simply call the person and ask them the question!

That is what I tried to do after hearing about this incident from various sources. I simply asked if anyone seeking reelection was involved in an auto accident involving a child on a skateboard? No one ever answered the question!

Why aren't you up in arms that your elected officials can't confirm or deny an auto accident?

#35 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Supermom,

What part of me asking only ONE question don't you understand? I don't have a story, all I have been doing is asking one question?

ALL I'm simply asking is for an elected official to confirm or deny they were in accident involving a child on a skateboard in the community they were elected in? Is there something wrong with asking this simple question?

NOW you are accusing me of things I never said or did!

Have you ever talked with this person about this issue? I've asked you this question before but you have avoided answering it. How about a simple yes or no answer, have you ever communicated with this person about this issue?

#36 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

Supermom,

What part of me asking only ONE question don't you understand? I don't have a story, all I have been doing is asking one question?

ALL I'm simply asking is for an elected official to confirm or deny they were in accident involving a child on a skateboard in the community they were elected in? Is there something wrong with asking this simple question?

NOW you are accusing me of things I never said or did!

Have you ever talked with this person about this issue? I've asked you this question before but you have avoided answering it. How about a simple yes or no answer, have you ever communicated with this person about this issue?

Then go ask your question. Stand up at the next city council meeting and ask the person right there in front of the other people you claim are involved.

Why the hell does it matter if I have asked the person if they have done this or not? It is not my fixation. Go ask. Go on..
You obviously are not going to get surcease from your torment if you think this board is going to give you the answers you need.

#37 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Then go ask your question. Stand up at the next city council meeting and ask the person right there in front of the other people you claim are involved.

Why the hell does it matter if I have asked the person if they have done this or not? It is not my fixation. Go ask. Go on..
You obviously are not going to get surcease from your torment if you think this board is going to give you the answers you need.

You still haven't answered the question, have you communicated with this person about this issue?

I'm getting exactly what I want from asking this question on this forum, I'm raising awareness about an issue and more and more openminded citizens are asking more questions.

Does it trouble you at all that an elected official won't answer a simplest of questions regarding an issue?

#38 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

You still haven't answered the question, have you communicated with this person about this issue?

I'm getting exactly what I want from asking this question on this forum, I'm raising awareness about an issue and more and more openminded citizens are asking more questions.

Does it trouble you at all that an elected official won't answer a simplest of questions regarding an issue?

You are the one who seems to know everything there is to know about this issue. Why haven't you gone to a Council meeting and asked the questions? Or, maybe to the overpaid Police Chief(which was kind of what this thread was all about before you threadjacked it)and asked him?

#39 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

You are the one who seems to know everything there is to know about this issue. Why haven't you gone to a Council meeting and asked the questions? Or, maybe to the overpaid Police Chief(which was kind of what this thread was all about before you threadjacked it)and asked him?

If I truly knew everything then I wouldn't need to be on here asking questions raising awareness. Since you seem to have answers, maybe you can share why the Folsom C.O.P.is paid so much more than other larger cities?

Do you think maybe some things might be related?

#40 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

If I truly knew everything then I wouldn't need to be on here asking questions raising awareness. Since you seem to have answers, maybe you can share why the Folsom C.O.P.is paid so much more than other larger cities?

Do you think maybe some things might be related?

I simply pointed it out. I don't live in Folsom so it is not a huge concern of mine despite the fact that I own a home in Folsom. You are the person who seems to be worked up by this issue and I don't understand why you do not take it to the level you seem to think it needs to be taken. In the community where I live, the COP earns slightly over $107K and I think that is probably LOWER than it should be.

#41 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

I simply pointed it out. I don't live in Folsom so it is not a huge concern of mine despite the fact that I own a home in Folsom. You are the person who seems to be worked up by this issue and I don't understand why you do not take it to the level you seem to think it needs to be taken. In the community where I live, the COP earns slightly over $107K and I think that is probably LOWER than it should be.

I'm simply trying to raise awareness from the general population about an incident. Its working, because people are talking and asking more questions and finding some disturbing answers. When these numbers reach the point there is enough who are willing to do something, action will be taken!

There are some though, who want to stick there head in the sand AND close their eyes, so they can remain in denial about something and avoid rethinking their beliefs. Its really sad that so many aren't asking for an elected official to answer the most basic of questions about this issue. We should all be united in wanting an explanation.

As long as one can avoid answering any questions about wether or not there was an accident, they can avoid answering the followup questions, that will be asked!

You are sharp enough to recognize another poster won't answer a simple question, but yet trys to pass judgement with opinionated comments, while claiming to remain fair. I'm sure everyone can see through this.

There is a difference between something happening that is Illegal and something that might not have been handled the right way. One can be resolved through legal recourse, the other has to be resolved through the public voting process.

Is the City you live in larger than Folsom?

#42 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm simply trying to raise awareness from the general population about an incident. Its working, because people are talking and asking more questions and finding some disturbing answers. When these numbers reach the point there is enough who are willing to do something, action will be taken!

There are some though, who want to stick there head in the sand AND close their eyes, so they can remain in denial about something and avoid rethinking their beliefs. Its really sad that so many aren't asking for an elected official to answer the most basic of questions about this issue. We should all be united in wanting an explanation.

As long as one can avoid answering any questions about wether or not there was an accident, they can avoid answering the followup questions, that will be asked!

You are sharp enough to recognize another poster won't answer a simple question, but yet trys to pass judgement with opinionated comments, while claiming to remain fair. I'm sure everyone can see through this.

There is a difference between something happening that is Illegal and something that might not have been handled the right way. One can be resolved through legal recourse, the other has to be resolved through the public voting process.

Is the City you live in larger than Folsom?

No, Healdsburg is substantially smaller. However, the cost of living is higher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users