2 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

We hosted our 4th annual social last night for Neighborhood Watch (NW) National Night Out (NNO). We have a few new neighbors on the street this year and it was a great way for folks who hadn't yet met to make a connection.

The FFD came by and everyone enjoyed talking with them about fire safety and learning about the equipment the carry and types of emergencies they're prepared to handle. They had just come from fighting a house fire that was caused by clothes dryer lint build-up.

Then the FPD made a presence with a motorcycle unit, SWAT vehicle, and mounted police and everyone enjoyed connecting with them.

It was a fun and informative evening. My neighbors and I appreciate that the city supports NW NNO with a showing every year.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

We had a real nice turn out and get together at a home on
Duncan Court. The police and volunteers were there
and the new K9 REX was there too. Good time to meet new
neighbors.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

great party in our neighborhood too. Folsom PD came with some beautiful horses, including a mini named "Special" who really is! what a great program. Thanks to the City and the PD for such beautiful outreach! Hey, you other neighborhoods, feed those police something other than ice cream! They didn't get any real food until they got to our place!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users