19 replies to this topic

#1 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:19 PM

Does anyone know anything about that? A relative of mine put a deposit for a Lennar home, but I am hearing some rumblings that the entire development may tank due to the Real estate market. This is why Cambridge Homes and Parkland Homes have either delayed construction till 2009-2010 or maybe they just pulled out totally.

Since EDH is not technically a city and I know that one cannot get a straight answer from the developer, any ideas where these folks can go to get the straight answers???

I told them to kiss your deposit goodbye.

#2 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(palango @ Jan 18 2008, 10:19 PM)  
Does anyone know anything about that? A relative of mine put a deposit for a Lennar home, but I am hearing some rumblings that the entire development may tank due to the Real estate market. This is why Cambridge Homes and Parkland Homes have either delayed construction till 2009-2010 or maybe they just pulled out totally.

Since EDH is not technically a city and I know that one cannot get a straight answer from the developer, any ideas where these folks can go to get the straight answers???

I told them to kiss your deposit goodbye.

Find out from El Dorado County Planning Department. They should know the status of permits issued for the development.

#3 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Terry @ Jan 22 2008, 06:41 PM)  
Find out from El Dorado County Planning Department. They should know the status of permits issued for the development.

Very strongly doubt that the development is going anywhere. May be delayed ....

#4 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

As far as I'm concerned they should torch the whole development.

#5 Good2bme

Good2bme

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

Why?

#6 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:36 AM

I had a business meeting that ended about 4:00 on Thursday, so, with a little time to kill out by the Business Park, I decided to tour the homes.

The Centex homes were nothing to write home about... about the same as the Elliott Chelsea.

The Lennar plans were pretty nice. I liked the Merlot and the Cabernet (of the ones shown), but they only showed six of the Lennar plans (for three different developments within Blackstone) when there are (from memory) 14 overall.

They're all solar homes and had a lot of upgrades included. Looking in the paper and online this morning this morning (we're not looking to move, but always looking for ideas), I was amazed how much more the Elliot homes were selling for in Empire Ranch (chelsea and the "new" riata) compared to Blackstone, considering it appeared that you would get a lot more with the Lennar homes.

Just for giggles, I looked at some of the new home prices over on the 80 side (I'm a 50er, not an 80 guy), and you can pick up a home at Morgan Greens in Roseville with about 4,000 sq. ft, 5 BR, 4Ba, 3 or 4 car garage and just about every upgrade possible for well under $500k.

My how times have changed.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#7 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Good2bme @ Jan 26 2008, 08:23 AM)  
Why?

I have issues with development. My parents live down Latrobe rd past the business park. Putting all these new homes out there is putting all the people who bought out there closer to what they were trying to get away from.

#8 Good2bme

Good2bme

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

Ah, I can understand that.

#9 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jan 26 2008, 12:51 PM)  
I have issues with development. My parents live down Latrobe rd past the business park. Putting all these new homes out there is putting all the people who bought out there closer to what they were trying to get away from.

My mom is just a little further up 50 - I hear you.
Also, I have woked in the business park for the past 10 years, and I know how bad the traffic has gotten just from the construction vehicles, I can't imagine what will happen when and if all those homes are populated. So much for my non-commute.

#10 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Jan 26 2008, 01:32 PM)  
My mom is just a little further up 50 - I hear you.
Also, I have woked in the business park for the past 10 years, and I know how bad the traffic has gotten just from the construction vehicles, I can't imagine what will happen when and if all those homes are populated. So much for my non-commute.

Yeah, I do a lot of business park, so I know how bad it can be. If one was to live out there, the best bet (and the way I always come home from end of day meetings) is to make the left on White Rock.

Still, they need to widen Latrobe and White Rock. The newbies will be in for a nasty surprise, and this may also alter my route to get to Plymouth for wine tasting. sad.gif
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#11 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:50 AM

Its a joke that the county would allow them to build 990 acres of houses (Blackstone development) without first upgrading the surrounding roads. Latrobe, White Rock, and the interchange with Hwy 50 at both Latrobe and Silva Valley Pkwy should all have been upgraded before any new housing went in. Its obvious the developers are running the show up there.
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

#12 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:20 AM

I just called Morgan Greens and the only home they have under 500K is the Angelica model which is 499,999 and is 3600 sq. feet. The Andorra is 569K and the guy told me has never been under 500K. Which model did you see under 500K? So curious.

#13 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Jan 26 2008, 09:36 AM)  
I had a business meeting that ended about 4:00 on Thursday, so, with a little time to kill out by the Business Park, I decided to tour the homes.

The Centex homes were nothing to write home about... about the same as the Elliott Chelsea.

The Lennar plans were pretty nice. I liked the Merlot and the Cabernet (of the ones shown), but they only showed six of the Lennar plans (for three different developments within Blackstone) when there are (from memory) 14 overall.

They're all solar homes and had a lot of upgrades included. Looking in the paper and online this morning this morning (we're not looking to move, but always looking for ideas), I was amazed how much more the Elliot homes were selling for in Empire Ranch (chelsea and the "new" riata) compared to Blackstone, considering it appeared that you would get a lot more with the Lennar homes.

Just for giggles, I looked at some of the new home prices over on the 80 side (I'm a 50er, not an 80 guy), and you can pick up a home at Morgan Greens in Roseville with about 4,000 sq. ft, 5 BR, 4Ba, 3 or 4 car garage and just about every upgrade possible for well under $500k.

My how times have changed.

The difference between Blackstone (lennar) and the Elliott home sin Folsom is that the Elliott ones have very low HOA compared to something like $150 per month @ Blackstone. The builders have stated that there are plans to widen Latrobe road, but Builders can be like used cars folks.

#14 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Jan 26 2008, 12:51 PM)  

Yeah, part of the beauty of the drive to your mom's house was the hills, and pretty fields. Now it is just a bunch of houses! dry.gif
<3

#15 palango

palango

unknown soldier

• Premium Member
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Silverado @ Jan 27 2008, 08:50 AM)  
Its a joke that the county would allow them to build 990 acres of houses (Blackstone development) without first upgrading the surrounding roads. Latrobe, White Rock, and the interchange with Hwy 50 at both Latrobe and Silva Valley Pkwy should all have been upgraded before any new housing went in. Its obvious the developers are running the show up there.

Actually, El Dorado County has plans to widen Latrobe road. The Blackstone developers have paid $20million to the county for road improvements.

here is the link for the ED county traffic plans.

http://www.co.el-dor...et.asp?UC=72402

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users