144 replies to this topic

#16 maggiesmom

maggiesmom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

I have a friend that works for news 10 and I sent the info off to her via email today. I really hope they find her safe. So disappointing about law enforcement!!

#17 LexHillsmom

LexHillsmom

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

I absolutely shuddered when I hopped on to My.Folsom for the first time since early today and saw the young girls picture. . . the boy that was with her in in deep trouble because he will soon become suspect #1, if not already, for having lied to the cops. That doesn't look good. I will include the family and the girl in my prayers and pray for her safe return.

It really hits home because I have a developmentally disabled young girl and she is so vulnerable, innocent and trusting and could so easily be taken advantage of. I am already admittedly an over the top worrier when it comes to all of my kids, but with Amanda my fears are amped up even more because she doesn't have the capacity to gauge a person's intentions or inferences.

I am surprised to hear that law enforcement is not taking this seriously. When we were in El Dorado Hills several years ago at a community Christmas function, my daughter (then 9) was going through a "running" period and managed to slip away from us in a seconds time. She was missing for a total of 45 minutes and the Sheriff's department and Fire Department were ON IT. It was 25 degrees outside and my daughter had "run" with no coat on and it was cold, wet and foggy. I said a frantic prayer and asked (BEGGED) God for her to be found by a good person.

45 minutes later the Fire Department radioed one of the deputies that was with me that she had been found more than a mile and a half away running up the middle of El Dorado Hills Boulevard. A young female college student home for the holidays had pulled up beside Amanda and asked her what she was doing. Her response was "I'm going to get candy at Target". That young girl had the great sense to put Amanda in her car and drive her to the Fire Station who had already been alerted to my daughter's description.

I will tell you my heart was in my throat for two weeks after that and I could barely sleep. I cannot imagine the horror of having minutes turn into hours, then days, then weeks...I do believe God heard my prayers that night and put that young lady between my daughter and harms way.

I hope this child will be found safely and let us all be diligent about helping in any small way we can.

Christina Mendonza at News10 is a caring mother and person...has anyone reached out to her?

#18 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Mar 24 2008, 07:04 PM) View Post
that was the birth year....

Good catch, thanks...
If you are posting on your MySpace or whatever, feel free to refer the image to this server. That way, hopefully, when she's found, I can update the image to "Found".

Prayers out to this girl - let's hope she is safe.

#19 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

It's got some coverage on KCRA now:
http://www.kcra.com/...529/detail.html

#20 Nancy

Nancy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(john @ Mar 24 2008, 08:52 PM) View Post
It's got some coverage on KCRA now:
http://www.kcra.com/...529/detail.html

Thank goodness! Hopefully the rest of the local news will do the same thing now that one of them has.

#21 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:25 AM

I recieved this from Kacie's parents late last night. I know they won't mind me sharing. Looks like we FINALLY have the Sheriff's and the media's help. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and assistance.

Dearest Friends and Family,
We have been blown away at the responses to our cries for help. We had an overwhelming turn out today from our community (@150+ people). There were representatives from seemingly every organization in El Dorado Hills and the surrounding areas. Many people I have never met before today, who did not know us personally, showed up to help in any way they could. Many thanks to the Boy Scouts for coordinating the distribution of the flyers; Representatives from the Suburban Swim league, and the El Dordo Tazmanian Devils organization as well as the Sierra Sharks, A huge thank you to EDH Fedex/Kinkos for generously donating the printing of as many flyers necessary and thanks to Mike Breedlove and (name removed) for arranging this. To the Nugget for allowing us to converge on their premises with open arms and hearts and for donating supplies to help post flyers. Thanks to my friends from Bible Study who have already arranged a schedule of meals, thanks to everyone for your prayers, support, and encouraging words. To Suzy Mcloed for being my sole supporter and rock. To Shelly and Larry for answering my call and stepping in without being asked and helping us explore every avenue to find Kacie.Thank you to the radio stations that ran Kacie's info and to the Village Life and the Mountain Democrat for running info on Kacie. Last but certainly not least, to everyone who reached out to anyone they knew in the media. We were able to get live media coverage from Channel 3. (This was HUGE!! Unheard of even. Some serious strings were pulled today!) While News 10 did come out and interview me on camera they are choosing not to broadcast this story at this time stating they are "waiting for futher developments." Channel 13 did not contact me directly but did put Kacie's picture, name and gave a brief description of her on the their 10:00 news. Thank you Jesus for friends who know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone......
We have still not seen or heard from Kacie. Tomorrow will be day 7 and it will be back to school in our area. I am hoping and praying that if she did in fact run away, that she will show up at school. Kacie NEVER misses school. I am hoping and praying that I get a call from her teacher tomorrow morning telling me she is safe, inside the classroom and this nightmare can be over.
In the mean time I have spoken with detective Hadjas and he has assured me that he and the El Dorado County Sheriffs dept are doing every thing they can to find Kacie. Including pulling over every vehicle that matches the description of the one she reportedly was seen getting into on the night she went missing. They have also requested access to the security monitors at Safeway so they can determine if in fact this all took place on their premises and if it did, that the footage may provide more info.
Friends and family, we are weary but are not giving up. Our God is strong when we are weak. We honestly believe that Kacie is being held against her will, possibly even being drugged, and no doubt is being exploited sexually. We thank you for your ongoing support and prayers for our family and for Kacie's safe return.
We will continue to keep everyone posted with any information as it becomes available to us.
For those of you who have contacted the media in some way wand have asked for contact information for us personally it is as follows:
(info has been removed at request of owner)
Kacie is 17 years old, and is a senior at Ponderosa High School in the ED program.
PS If I have overlooked anyone who was represented today please forgive me, it was not intentional. This past week has been a blurr.We are thankful to everyone who is helping us in any way they can to locate Kacie. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.
You have all blessed our lives and touched our hearts.
The Zito Family

#22 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:53 AM

This was just sent to me - anyone have any ideas?
Dear Friends,
I hate to keep asking but I need help. There is a possibility that Kacie may have been taken to the Oakland/Bay area. I cannot confirm this but it is a possiblity. I am asking for help from anyone willing to help me locate hospitals in the area (since it is a huge area, I am gonna need more manpower. ) I want a copy of Kacie's missing flyer to be faxed to every ER in these areas as well as the greater Sacramento area. Does anyone know of a statewide EMS system or medical information system that would share Kacie's information with all Hospitals in the State of California??? In the event that Kacie is just dumped somewhere outisde of El Dorado County, we want first responders to be able to recognize her and be able to contact us. We need to get her face, name and situation out as far across California as possible. This is day 7 and we have to find her. Hopefully the news will continue to run Kacie's information, putting her face in everyone's living room. Maybe channel 10 will change their minds and decide to run her story. Maybe....
Lastly, we are looking for anyone who has connections with the FBI to attempt to get them involved and treat this case as an abduction instead of runaway.Again, thank you to everyone for your help in our search for our daughter.
Scott and Vicki Zito

#23 LexHillsmom

LexHillsmom

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:19 AM

Please fax me a flyer at 983 3975 ASAP . I will take it to the Sacramento ER hospitals (UC DAVIS, Sutter, Mercy San Juan) as well as pass it out in my rounds downtown today.

#24 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(LexHillsmom @ Mar 25 2008, 10:19 AM) View Post
Please fax me a flyer at 983 3975 ASAP . I will take it to the Sacramento ER hospitals (UC DAVIS, Sutter, Mercy San Juan) as well as pass it out in my rounds downtown today.

Done - Thanks a million!

#25 maggiesmom

maggiesmom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:31 AM

What about contacting the Bay area news stations with this info so they can put it out there. I know that the media has not been too cooperative, but maybe they will help.

#26 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

KTVU, KRON, KPIX KGO are the big stations. KTVU is Oakland based and FOX affliated.

#27 LexHillsmom

LexHillsmom

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(EDH Jen @ Mar 25 2008, 10:27 AM) View Post
Done - Thanks a million!

MY PRINTER JUST RAN OUT OF COLOR INK AND WON'T LET ME PRINT...

PLEASE FAX TO MY NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE AT 984 7053. I AM HEADED OVER THERE TO PICK IT UP RIGHT NOW. I WILL DO WHAT I CAN TO MOBILIZE AS MANY PEOPLE AS I KNOW TO HELP.

#28 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(hopeanelli @ Mar 25 2008, 10:34 AM) View Post
KTVU, KRON, KPIX KGO are the big stations. KTVU is Oakland based and FOX affliated.

I have sent the info to the SF/Oakland stations......but the more people that contact them, the more likely that they will take interest, in my opinion. So everyone should contact them....
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#29 lissasmom

lissasmom

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

Dear Kacie's Family. I have passed on all of your information to editors at The Bee internally, as well as another executive. I pray for your daughter's safe return.

Please take advantage of the Polly Klass Foundation! They should have very strong bay area connections.

I also am very concerned about the new Safeway at Green Valley. Seems there is a safety issue there as quite a few kids hang out there after school. In addition, the siting of the man who was trying kidnap a girl from that same parking lot.
I'll keep working my angle, and just wanted to let you know that my neighborhood in Governor's village was blanketed with fliers last night.

I am praying for you and sending strength to your daughter. I too have a 17 year old daughter who is very trusting, and this just breaks my heart. Stay strong and please know that others are praying for you and Kacie's safe return.

#30 maggiesmom

maggiesmom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

What about contacting the Carrington-Sund foundation. I have heard that they help a lot in situations like these.
www.carolesundfoundation.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users