• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

I think Palladio is taking a bite out of Regal's business in EDH... went tonight and noticed several once-hopping restaurants now closed. I know we rarely go there anymore, we prefer Palladio. The Mongolian place is packed as usual though.

#2 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

I think Palladio is taking a bite out of Regal's business in EDH... went tonight and noticed several once-hopping restaurants now closed. I know we rarely go there anymore, we prefer Palladio. The Mongolian place is packed as usual though.

That's a bit of a stretch if you ask me. What in Palladio is pulling all that biz away? Chicago Fire and Freebirds? There really isn't much else yet.

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

That's a bit of a stretch if you ask me. What in Palladio is pulling all that biz away? Chicago Fire and Freebirds? There really isn't much else yet.

A newer theater and many restaurants now. Personally I always went up the hill because it was a nicer theater, now I go to Palladio to keep my money in Folsom.

Johnny Rockets
Blue Nami
Freebirds
Pinkberry
Panera
Chicago Fire

... this is more options than EDH, which has Mongolian, Subway, Cold Stone, Chilis, and Steve's.

#4 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

A newer theater and many restaurants now. Personally I always went up the hill because it was a nicer theater, now I go to Palladio to keep my money in Folsom.

Johnny Rockets
Blue Nami
Freebirds
Pinkberry
Panera
Chicago Fire

... this is more options than EDH, which has Mongolian, Subway, Cold Stone, Chilis, and Steve's.

San francsico sanwhich shop?

#5 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:05 AM

Johnny Rockets
Blue Nami
Freebirds
Pinkberry
Panera
Chicago Fire

You forgot several but as to Wayside Noodles and Fireside Burgers - it wasn't Palladio that did them in as the list below seems to be doing very well and Towne Center is bringing in new businesses. Wayside Noodles closed several months ago (SacBee had an article and it wasn't a great place) and Fireside couldn't match Relish or In-n-Out.

To add to your list:
Ruffhaus
Selland's
Cafe Campanile
Bistro 33
Relish
Kinnee O'Reily's Irish Pub
SF Sourdough Bread Company (thanks Supermom)
Mama Ann's
Chantara Thai
Sir Vesa's
Pete's
Chili's
Steve's
Mongo
Sienna
an Afghan place
Sky Sushi

and a few more small chain place like McD's, Quiznos and the like.

#6 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

You forgot several but as to Wayside Noodles and Fireside Burgers - it wasn't Palladio that did them in as the list below seems to be doing very well and Towne Center is bringing in new businesses. Wayside Noodles closed several months ago (SacBee had an article and it wasn't a great place) and Fireside couldn't match Relish or In-n-Out.

To add to your list:
Ruffhaus
Selland's
Cafe Campanile
Bistro 33
Relish
Mama Ann's
Chantara Thai
Sir Vesa's
Pete's
Chili's
Steve's
Mongo
Sienna
an Afghan place
Sky Sushi

I agree, the Towne Center has far more to offer in Eateries than Palladio, however, I do know that at least one family's visits to EDH theater has been impacted by Palladio. I used to look at show times for Folsom Cinema & EDH, now I mostly check Palladio vs. Folsom Cinema. I think I've gone to EDH only once since Palladio opened. I still go to Folsom Cinema more often that Palladio, probably split it 75/25.

#7 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

1329667557[/url]' post='436933']

To add to your list:
Ruffhaus
Selland's
Cafe Campanile
Bistro 33
Relish
Mama Ann's
Chantara Thai
Sir Vesa's
Pete's
Chili's
Steve's
Mongo
Sienna
an Afghan place
Sky Sushi

If you are going to include all these places you may as well include the whole Broadstone Shopping Center to Palladio. I'm just referring to walk-in businesses whose success is directly tied to the adjacent theaters.

#8 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I hate to see this,but....I was at Fireside for lunch once and the owner and employees were laughing and making fun of the business across from them that has since closed. I knew right away that Karma would have it's way. Also, the owner was constantly touching his nose and then cooking-I always felt he needed to wear an apron too.
I always swore I would never go back after seeing that.
Never tried Wayside Noodle though. I'll bet something really good will take the prime Fireside spot.

#9 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

That Mecian place next to Peet Brewhouse should be the next to go. We had dinner there Friday before the movies and it was terrible. Like yousuggest John, I'll probalby be staying in Palladion from now on.

Oh,and don't forget to add Whole Foods to your list John. They have great pre-Movie diner options.

#10 FixMyDents

FixMyDents

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

That Mecian place next to Peet Brewhouse should be the next to go. We had dinner there Friday before the movies and it was terrible. Like yousuggest John, I'll probalby be staying in Palladion from now on.

Oh,and don't forget to add Whole Foods to your list John. They have great pre-Movie diner options.

The restaurant you speak of is called Sir Vesa and you are correct about them being the next to go. They are now closed...again...

Everyone I know has tried that place at least once, and all the reviews were the same, "I'll never go back". It's a shame seeing places shut down, I know we all have different tastes, but when they re-opened that restaurant with a new name, it seemed the recipes were the same, a recipe for failure...

#11 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

Again, until these restauranteers,get a clue about food, they will continue to close. Also, in this economy, I'm not about to pay$75-100 for my family to eat out unless the food is decent. If I want chicken nugggets, I'll get them from McDonald's, no sense in paying $15 for my child to get the same stuff they can get there, which they shouldn't be eating anyways;)
How about a kids' menu that has less salt than a salt lick?
How about some organic veggies/fruit in the mix?
How about a drive-thru Japanese, Indian or Chinese, or Italian place? One with healthy options of course. They used to have a drive-thru Japanese where I lived and it was delish. Miso soup, and bento box for about $6 w/o drink.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users