• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 silverstone

silverstone

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hi everyone, I'm excited to have found this forum. My family is considering a home purchase in Serrano. I'm trying to get a gauge on the complexities that would be involved to add a bathroom, or possible a bedroom to a house if we bought in Serrano.

From what I've read, it sounds like the HOA has a good deal of rigor. From what I gather, I would expect the main steps to be

- professional plans
- review with county
- review with neigbors
- review with HOA board
- get it done in 9 months, else fines.

My questions are...

- anything else to keep in mind
- is it really feasible to do?
- has it been done
- any experiences to share?

Thanks in advance

#2 keyplayer

keyplayer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:music, ballet, scuba diving in tropical locations, bicycling, crusing on the bike (BMW1200LT)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

You might try asking on the Folsom part of the board. It is much more active and there are some people with that kind of knowledge. This side doesn't get much traffic. You could also go to the source and ask the CSD, community services. They manage all the CCR stuff and need to approve everything before you get a building permit. http://www.edhcsd.org/

#3 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

In Serrano good luck... I hear you can't even paint your house without jumping through hoops due to very strick HOA rules. One of the big reasons I chose to not even look in Serrano when recently purchasing a new house.

#4 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi everyone, I'm excited to have found this forum. My family is considering a home purchase in Serrano. I'm trying to get a gauge on the complexities that would be involved to add a bathroom, or possible a bedroom to a house if we bought in Serrano.

From what I've read, it sounds like the HOA has a good deal of rigor. From what I gather, I would expect the main steps to be

- professional plans
- review with county
- review with neigbors
- review with HOA board
- get it done in 9 months, else fines.

My questions are...

- anything else to keep in mind
- is it really feasible to do?
- has it been done
- any experiences to share?

Thanks in advance

If you and/or your contractor have everything in order that is needed for permits, then you will have almost everything needed. Make sure to have paint colors by name,photos if possible etc.
The sure way is to go in the Serrano office and ask what you will need and they will let you know. The people with complaints are the ones that are unprepared. The setbacks are the main concern.

The process is neccessary and worth it. Who wants the risk of someone blocking a valuable view or draining into their yard causing damage or a fire hazard. All these things need review and I know from experience the city inspectors don't check everything.

Serrano is a great place to live and raise a family. It is worth a few week plan review.

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

You might try asking on the Folsom part of the board. It is much more active and there are some people with that kind of knowledge. This side doesn't get much traffic.

It doesn't really matter which topic you post in as they all feed into the "new post" bucket. It's actually easier for searching later to leave them in the related neighborhood topic.

#6 keyplayer

keyplayer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:music, ballet, scuba diving in tropical locations, bicycling, crusing on the bike (BMW1200LT)

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

It doesn't really matter which topic you post in as they all feed into the "new post" bucket. It's actually easier for searching later to leave them in the related neighborhood topic.

True but it had been 2 weeks with no reply and wasn't a new post anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users