1 reply to this topic

#1 jake

jake

Veteran

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 11:42 PM

I've heard an interesting rumor floating around and I don't know if it's just a nasty rumor or if there is some validity to it...

I hear that when the new Prairie Oaks Elementary is built, Broadstone (of all places) will have priority - over Prairie Oaks (the people that actually live in the school neighborhood), and over Willow Springs (just a stone's throw away).

Can anyone explain the logic behind this? blink.gif
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
-Yogi Berra

#2 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 07 November 2002 - 08:34 AM

Okay, here's the low down. The rumor has proven to be untrue as is the case with most rumors. The boundary lines for the new Prairie Oaks school will not be drawn until early next year but this is what I can tell you. I have been in contact with Nancy Mitchell and Sara Myers (FCUSD board members) and Debbie Bettencourt (Deputy Superintendent). As it is right now most of Prairie Oaks children go either to Natoma Station or Gold Ridge (Broadstone). When the new school opens, obviously, most of these kids will attend their new local school. The reason no one is sure if Willow Springs children will get to attend Prairie Oaks is because once this "exodus" occurs, the boundary lines for Gold Ridge and Natoma Station will have to be redrawn to fill the schools back up! I have been assured that our children will attend either Prairie Oaks or Gold Ridge. I am hoping it will be Prairie Oaks as it is, at it's farthest point, only 1/2 mile from our homes where as Gold Ridge is 1 1/2 miles. Either way it is a huge improvement over the 4 miles most of our children currently travel to Theodore Judah. There will be two parent information meetings, one in December and the other in January. I will keep you informed of the dates and times. I hope this information helps! cool.gif
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users