9 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

Sneak peek at 2010 Camaro

Exposed: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Spy shots of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro testing undercover on the track.

Worried that the Camaro is being overexposed before its launch next year, Chevrolet has gone mum with official word about the car, while going to the unusual step of testing cars without camouflage in the hopes that spy photographers and the public would tire of seeing the same cars over and over again. Fat chance.

Recently, the Camaro underwent testing at the Nürburgring and we've taken the liberty of adding some stripes and badging to the cars to give a better picture of what it will look like in production trim. Our sources tell us the sheet metal on the test cars is accurate, so what you see in terms of the car's Coke bottle-shaped body, power dome hood with a slit scoop, non-functional louvers ahead of the rear wheels and Corvette-inspired double-bubble roof treatment is what you will get.

The Nürburgring test is significant because this is the first time Holden, which has lead responsibility for the Zeta platform and therefore the Camaro, has tested at the famed German track. As a result of that learning curve, the best unofficial lap times we've been able to obtain from observers on the scene are around the 9-minute mark — certainly well off the blistering pace set by the Corvette ZR1 at 7:40 and the Nissan GT-R Spec V, which ran an unofficial 7:25. We expect to see the Camaro's lap time closer to the magical 8-minute mark by the time the car is ready for production.

// Read the rest and see the photos at the below website //

http://autos.yahoo.c...m8tZXhwb3NlZA--

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

I like it. It has the Mustang look, but that's OK.

Too bad gas prices will affect sales bigtime.

I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ May 22 2008, 05:52 PM) View Post
I like it. It has the Mustang look, but that's OK.

Too bad gas prices will affect sales bigtime.

-------

I am sure it will suck up the gas....

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

The lesson I have taken from this is that GM, when given an opportunity to make piles and piles of money, will spend three or four years on development and by the time they get the product out everyone is tired of it.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#5 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

It's all right
but I'd still prefer a '68 Camaro SS

Posted Image

#6 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:56 AM

Wow, years of design and development and when you see it, it looks like a Mustang! GM has really gone all the way this time! What did they do, hire Ford designers? tongue.gif

#7 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:57 AM

I think it looks like a modern interpretation of an early Camaro, just as the current Mustang looks like a modern take on an early Mustang. I do no think it looks like a Mustang, other than that they both share late 60's muscle/pony car styling cues.

I think Darth Lefty is correct that this thing has already been overexposed (there have been pics floating around for at least a year) so when it comes out, it won't even really seem new anymore. GM hasn't quite figured out how to give just enough of a tease to get people interested without using up all the new-car excitement prematurely.

#8 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ May 23 2008, 07:57 AM) View Post
(there have been pics floating around for at least a year)

Two and a half. The concept debuted in January 2006 and was already a year old when used for Bumblebee in last year's Transformers movie. By the time the speculation and preorders die down and you can buy one off the lot for invoice, it will have been three and a half or four years. And then it will be in production just long enough for $6/gallon gasoline to kill it.

Pity, too, because in 2006 it really was awesome and I'd have bought one, but they've taken too long and it's lost its lustre for me.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#9 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ May 23 2008, 07:57 AM) View Post
I think it looks like a modern interpretation of an early Camaro, just as the current Mustang looks like a modern take on an early Mustang. I do no think it looks like a Mustang, other than that they both share late 60's muscle/pony car styling cues.

I would agree

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#10 theChevyGuy

theChevyGuy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

Those that are excited or interested in the new Chevy Camaro which is now slated for production may be interested in a few website that have great information, pictures, news, videos and more. I would love some feedback on them and welcome any constructive criticism.

http://www.2010-Chevrolet-Camaro.com
http://www.Chevy-Camaro-2009.com
http://www.SacramentoCamaros.com

I hope you like them and would love to get some feedback on them.

Thanks
Chad....aka theChevyGuy tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users