6 replies to this topic

#1 Toadster

Toadster

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:34 AM

last night - sometime between midnight and 4:30am someone stole our neighbor's license plate off their truck, and tried to steal about 5 other plates nearby - they bent my license plate frame and left a half-eaten peach on the trunk of my car...

they stole the change from the neighbors truck, but left the iPOD and tools (thank goodness) - maybe just an annoyance, or a scouting run to see what to nab next...

whoever does this stuff is insanely dumb... flat parts of the car (like license plate frames) leave very good fingerprints... the FPD is on it smile.gif

reminder to everyone that if you have your vehicle outside - LOCK IT UP! and put any valuables away...

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:52 AM

whoever does this stuff is insanely dumb... flat parts of the car (like license plate frames) leave very good fingerprints...

And there's DNA on the peach!

Sorry for the kidding... theft is no laughing matter, and I hope they catch whoever is doing this.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 Toadster

Toadster

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (Deb B @ Jul 29 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there's DNA on the peach!

Sorry for the kidding... theft is no laughing matter, and I hope they catch whoever is doing this.

haha - that's funny because I said the same thing to the officer... i guess it's not CSI Miami - but fingerprints are a first step...

now to look for some of those cool wireless safety cameras to put up in eaves so we can photo/video the culprits next time :D

#4 Toadster

Toadster

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:23 AM

quick update, just heard that some items have been recovered by FPD...
not sure what yet, but will find out!

maybe the other half of that peach! ohmy.gif

they found 3-4 license plates under a shed at Oak Chan, the shed was vandalized as well.. blood on the plates (probably cut themselves tearing them off) - so now there's more DNA

insane what these kids are doing!

#5 Toadster

Toadster

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

lovely - we woke up this morning to eggshells on our driveway...

almost time for school - then kids will behave (a bit more) I hope!

#6 Thinkingoutloud

Thinkingoutloud

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Toadster @ Jul 29 2009, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
last night - sometime between midnight and 4:30am someone stole our neighbor's license plate off their truck, and tried to steal about 5 other plates nearby - they bent my license plate frame and left a half-eaten peach on the trunk of my car...

they stole the change from the neighbors truck, but left the iPOD and tools (thank goodness) - maybe just an annoyance, or a scouting run to see what to nab next...

whoever does this stuff is insanely dumb... flat parts of the car (like license plate frames) leave very good fingerprints... the FPD is on it smile.gif

reminder to everyone that if you have your vehicle outside - LOCK IT UP! and put any valuables away...

Wow, thanks for the update. We are in Lex Hills and in the last few months we've had our wheelbarrow, dust pan/broom set and satellite radio all stolen from our garage or front yard. Why anyone would steal a dust pan is beyond me. The the radio and wheelbarrow really cheesed me.
This rash of thefts is frustrating.

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Thinkingoutloud @ Jul 31 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, thanks for the update. We are in Lex Hills and in the last few months we've had our wheelbarrow, dust pan/broom set and satellite radio all stolen from our garage or front yard. Why anyone would steal a dust pan is beyond me. The the radio and wheelbarrow really cheesed me.
This rash of thefts is frustrating.

Almost sounds like kids stealing supplies for a tree house....

Or someone stealing gardening supplies.

I wonder....

Ha ha ha...naw....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users