#17 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Jun 9 2006, 08:31 AM) View Post

Holy cow, every person here has had a negative experience...I bet restaurant owners hate this forum. biggrin.gif

Successful business owners would love it and would use the feedback to improve before it's too late.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#18 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(SacKen @ Jun 9 2006, 02:09 PM) View Post

Successful business owners would love it and would use the feedback to improve before it's too late.

If they came on here and posted "Sorry, my in-store manager was screwing up, we've fired him and replaced some of the staff" .. I'm sure many people here might give it a second shot.

Unfortunately, this place sounds so bad I think it would take something along the lines of "We sold it, burned the place down, rebuilt it with an all new menu from a completely different food service provider, and hired completely all new staff" .. to get me to try it.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#19 Eric

Eric

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:03 PM

It sounds like Grandma is a little senile and forgot she owns a restaurant....

#20 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

sun.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#21 LexHillsmom

LexHillsmom

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jun 8 2006, 10:06 PM) View Post

I'm thinking their Grandma isn't much of a cook. Maybe they should have opened "My Neighbor's Kitchen" or "My Uncle's Second Wife's Kitchen" or the kitchen of anyone who can cook.

Thanks for the reviews. I won't be trying this restaurant.

lmaosmiley.gif Glad that I won't have to waste my time trying out this place. What a disappointment. When I saw the sign I remarked how much the place was calling my name, me being from the South and loving good ol Southern Grandma cuisine.

Those folks doing such a shabby job after having been open less than a month are going to be out a whole lotta money. What dummies.

#22 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

I hope they are getting feedback and are working on the glitches. I'd be willing to give them a try if they can achieve the turnaround they apparently so critically need. Have any of you who have tried the restaurant spoken with the manager?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#23 sharkysam1

sharkysam1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Jun 9 2006, 05:12 PM) View Post

I hope they are getting feedback and are working on the glitches. I'd be willing to give them a try if they can achieve the turnaround they apparently so critically need. Have any of you who have tried the restaurant spoken with the manager?

I called Carol the owner on my way home, and she seemed genuinely concerned and said that she would "investigate". I want to try this place again, as I really want this place to succeed. These other posts have me nervous though.

Sharky

#24 heavensaved_1997

heavensaved_1997

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Charity work, writing, reading and so much more!

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(asbestoshills @ Jun 8 2006, 08:48 AM) View Post

My young daughter and I ate at Grandma's Kitchen for lunch yesterday and had one of the worst food experiences I've had since living in Folsom....First, the name implies home cooked food that's wholesome and homemade....My daughter ordered a banana/p. butter sandwich and the waiter brought us a p. butter and bacon sandwhich...for a 6 year old!!!! Maybe Elvis would have enjoyed it, but my child didn't...Then, the waiter said he could have another one made...however, we had already waited 45 minutes and there were only 3 customers in the restaurant, yet over 10 employees standing around doing nothing...The waiter was inept and couldn't even tell me what was in the coleslaw that I inquired about....My food was a BLT...the bread soaked in butter before grilled...not like my grandma used to make....Also, there was some gross coleslaw served with raisins.....The staff are unprofessional and look like they just got out of prison....Facial hair on the men and the women dressed in sloppy jeans...Horrible experience....Also, the table was dirty....Don't even try the sweet-tea...Horribly sweet and tart....Not like the South at all....The owners need to be there to see how the staff just hangs out and the kitchen cook which we can view from our table looked stressed and couldn't expedite if his life depending upon it....45 minutes for a BLT and a bacon p. butter sandwich...Gross.....Not to mention over-priced....$7.00 for a small sandwich....

Im not sure if we ate at the same restaurant lol. I ate at My Grandmas Kitchen Friday night for dinner. It was spectacular! The meatloaf and mashed potatoes were homemade!! And the desserts i watched them take out of the oven. Even the cookies given with our guest check were cooling only minutes before we got to enjoy them. we were greated perosnally by the owner and her daughter. I thought it was great to see a family owned business here in folsom. I did also have the sweet tea, and thought it was amazing! slightly sweet not sour at all. Best tea ive had since my visits down south. I did have the apple raisen coleslaw which i loved, but peanut butter and bacon and peanut butter banana are not my thing, I stuck to the dinner menu. My husband had the honey friend chicken and my children had the baked ziti and chicken fried steak..the only complaint i had was that my dessert didnt last long enough on our family table. Dirty tables?? yuk. Last night there were homemade table cloths covered with glass tops. Different food fits different people, all I know is myfamily loved it and is excited to have a great new place in folsom to eat! Maybe I will try there lunch and you try there dinners and we'll compare.

#25 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(sharkysam1 @ Jun 9 2006, 06:31 PM) View Post

I called Carol the owner on my way home, and she seemed genuinely concerned and said that she would "investigate". I want to try this place again, as I really want this place to succeed. These other posts have me nervous though.

Sharky

Hey Sharky
That was good of you to let the owner know of the bad press they are receiving here - hopefully this will cause enuf concern to make some serious changes for the better. Until then, I'm not wasting my money there, I can cook a thousand times better then that myself.... I hope Carol makes some progress - starting with the crappy employees....it sounds like a good restaurant concept, but execution is key to turning it into a succcess, right now it just sounds like a mess.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#26 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:54 AM

We had breakfast there today - and I like the place. The food was very good, well priced, and came realtively quickly. Service was not as friendly as it could be but it was pretty efficient.

Overall I give it a solid B

BTW, one place going downhill, sadly, is Gold Miner...the new owners are screwing it up.

#27 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Jun 11 2006, 10:54 AM) View Post

BTW, one place going downhill, sadly, is Gold Miner...the new owners are screwing it up.

Is that what happened? We've stopped going there lately because of it's decline sad.gif

We've been *gasp* eating outside of Folsom.. at the Purple Place! I like their food and the service is consistently good!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#28 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 15 2006, 10:27 AM) View Post

We've been *gasp* eating outside of Folsom.. at the Purple Place! I like their food and the service is consistently good!

IPB Image

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#29 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:14 AM

Does anyone eat at Lake Forest Cafe? I think that is the best breakfast place in Folsom. Granted, I have not tried Grandma's Kitchen, but I have probably had breakfast at every other restaurant in town, including Gold Miner...not too impressed, but OK in my book.

#30 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(sat @ Jun 15 2006, 11:14 AM) View Post

Does anyone eat at Lake Forest Cafe? I think that is the best breakfast place in Folsom. Granted, I have not tried Grandma's Kitchen, but I have probably had breakfast at every other restaurant in town, including Gold Miner...not too impressed, but OK in my book.

I like Lake Forest Cafe. I haven't been in a while because we don't go out to breakfast very often. But it is very, very good.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users