116 replies to this topic

#1 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:27 PM

What about the big upset today?? Can you frickin' believe it?

Who's your team of choice this year? Say it loud and say it proud before too many games get going.

Big surprise here, I say WISCONSIN!

My 2nd favorite team, and I'm so happy that they are finally coming into their own, is West Virginia. My Dad grew up in WV and I've been a big fan for many years. Now most people don't make fun of me for it. smile.gif

#2 iJason

iJason

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:17 PM

For the upset, I don't really think Michigan deserved their 5 seed anyways so I'm glad they got knocked out.

Cal, their offense is amazing and DeSean Jackson is unstoppable (when he's punted to!). Great game tonight.

#3 Nylaan

Nylaan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

http://sportsillustr.../cal/index.html

When the subject of opening-day opponents arose, Henne informed Longshore that the Wolverines would face the Mountaineers of Appalachian State.

"Must be nice," rejoined Longshore. "Will you guys wear your game jerseys for that one?"

Cal 45 - Tennessee 31
Appalachian St 34 - Michigan 32

I don't think Longshore is complaining about playing Tennessee right now.

I was at the Cal game and the atmosphere was electric. Unfortunately Cal's defense left much to be desired so they better be prepared to put up 40 a game. I have a feeling they are going to lose a few games this year when the offense has a bad day. I don't think anyone is going to punt to DeSean Jackson for the rest of the year.

I really think this season is incredibly wide open because all of the top teams are flawed. 11-1 is going to probably be enough to get it done. I'm rooting for West Virginia, to get the Big East some respect back, not to mention they should be plenty exciting to watch. White is a legitimate passer now and Devine looks to add even more trouble to opposing defenses.
It's Saturday night. I have no date, a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock.

#4 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:40 AM

Heh,---USC all the way. Go Trojans! smile.gif

#5 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:53 AM

Go RUTGERS!

#6 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE(folsombound @ Sep 2 2007, 06:40 AM) View Post
Heh,---USC all the way. Go Trojans! smile.gif

We're not talking professional football here. wink.gif

Was on the Cal campus yesterday for a pre-football party at The Faculty House. God, I love Cal. Hope my kids can get in there so I can live vicariously through them and be a football Mom.

#7 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Sep 2 2007, 07:59 AM) View Post
Was on the Cal campus yesterday for a pre-football party at The Faculty House. God, I love Cal. Hope my kids can get in there so I can live vicariously through them and be a football Mom.

Your wisdom and good taste are shining through today!

GO BEARS!!

#8 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:44 AM

Its way to early to get a good feel for how the teams will shape up.

Cal looked pretty good and I think their defense will be fine. Tennesse is a solid team with an experienced quarterback. Since Cal scores so much their opponets will get additional offensive series during games. Tennesse played ball control offense in the 2nd half to keep the ball out of Cal's hands. This is a good philosophy, but the problem is if you ever commit a mistake/penalty on a drive it pretty much ends the drive.

The Badgers have a 5th year quarterback and you can't beat experience at that position in that position. Since the Big 10 is probably more conservative than other conferences, having a QB who doesn't make mistakes is even more beneficial. The problem the Big 10 has always had is matching up to athletic teams who play at a faster pace. What ever team controls the pace of the game usually wins.

Notre Dame has really fallen far. I heard someone is predicting maybe 3 wins! That is 3 more than I'm hoping for!

#9 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Sep 2 2007, 10:44 AM) View Post
Its way to early to get a good feel for how the teams will shape up.

Cal looked pretty good and I think their defense will be fine. Tennesse is a solid team with an experienced quarterback. Since Cal scores so much their opponets will get additional offensive series during games. Tennesse played ball control offense in the 2nd half to keep the ball out of Cal's hands. This is a good philosophy, but the problem is if you ever commit a mistake/penalty on a drive it pretty much ends the drive.

The Badgers have a 5th year quarterback and you can't beat experience at that position in that position. Since the Big 10 is probably more conservative than other conferences, having a QB who doesn't make mistakes is even more beneficial. The problem the Big 10 has always had is matching up to athletic teams who play at a faster pace. What ever team controls the pace of the game usually wins.

Notre Dame has really fallen far. I heard someone is predicting maybe 3 wins! That is 3 more than I'm hoping for!

Note Dame---0 & 11 and I'm in Heaven! tongue.gif I agree with the rest of your comments as well.

#10 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

I was at the Cal game last night. What a great game... that place can get loud. Offense and special teams looked good. Defense was a bit "soft" at times... but they were playing against an explosive SEC team. The tree sitters were amusing for everyone to see behind their "protective" chain-link fence.

Good to see ND lose big. At least they won't be overrated this year... and get to a BCS game.

Will be interesting to see how Michigan bounces back against a decent Oregon team next week. Another loss... perhaps.

Would be nice to see a LSU-Wisconsin title game. Keeping fingers crossed.

#11 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

For all of the Michigan fans out there... this one's for you...

http://www.youtube.c...o...ted&search=

#12 Nylaan

Nylaan

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

Tennessee is not the same offense they were last year - freshman kicker, new wideouts. Although I would say Ainge is very cool under center - I really can't believe how effective he ran the no-huddle, it was very loud most of the night. He should be a Heisman candidate next year.

On Youtube there's a video of Penn State cheering the Michigan loss - stupid, when the loss damages the outlook of their own team. The value of a win against Michigan just went way down for probably the next five years.
It's Saturday night. I have no date, a 2 liter bottle of Shasta, and my all Rush mix tape. Let's rock.

#13 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Sep 2 2007, 07:59 AM) View Post
We're not talking professional football here. wink.gif

Spoken like a Cal fan! tongue.gif Although, the Trojans could probably beat the Raiders. USC has had some bad years too. But now with a great coach who is also a great recruiter, the glory days are back.

#14 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Sep 2 2007, 12:05 PM) View Post
The tree sitters were amusing for everyone to see behind their "protective" chain-link fence.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that this Poetic Justice that this is happening at Cal as they try and expand their sports facilities?

#15 Solartide

Solartide

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:46 PM

Is it just me or is there a large white space in that post?

Also, I know someone on the Rutgers team, never heard of them until he told me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users