• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

wow, the end of the game tonight was a lot of fun. I picked it up at the right time, end of the 3rd...

#17 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (john @ Apr 16 2010, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, the end of the game tonight was a lot of fun. I picked it up at the right time, end of the 3rd...

Sharks may have just brushed off that soft playoff team rep tonight!

#18 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Sharks rally to beat Avalanche 6-5 in overtime; even series 1-1

http://www.news10.ne...t...638&catid=3

MORE

http://sharks.nhl.co...vid=DL|SJS|home

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#19 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

What a heart breaker last night.

Game went to overtime 0-0. Sharks had 50 shots on goal and lost it on a fluke goal 51 seconds into the overtime period.

Dan Boyle went to clear a puck behind the sharks net and it went in their own net. No one could ever believe that would happen.

They are now down 2-1 and really need to come back hard in the next game.

http://sharks.nhl.co...vid=DL|SJS|home

Avalanche 1, Sharks 0, OT
NHL.com

DENVER -- From shootout to shutout.

Forty-eight hours after combining for 11 goals, the San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche needed overtime Sunday night just to get one.

And it was as bizarre a goal as they come, credited to Avalanche center Ryan O'Reilly 51 seconds into the extra period for a 1-0 Colorado victory at the Pepsi Center and a 2-1 lead in the best-of-7 Western Conference quarterfinal series.

O'Reilly, a 19-year-old rookie, still wasn't sure after the game how he scored, but he thought he managed to get his stick on the puck after Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle tried to backhand it behind his own net.

Instead, the puck wound up behind stunned Sharks goalie Evgeni Nabokov, who faced 17 shots while Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson made a home playoff record 51 saves.

"Every goal's not going to be a highlight goal," O'Reilly said. "Bounce the puck across the line and we win. Can't hope for anything better than that. I tried to get my stick on it and I just saw it trickle in. I didn't know what to think. I couldn't really believe it."

Boyle wasn't immediately available after the game.

"We didn't beat their goalie," Sharks coach Todd McLellan said. "We found a way to beat ours."
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#20 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

I think it's pretty obvious the Sharks are cursed. It will be hard to overcome a loss like that!

#21 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (john @ Apr 19 2010, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's pretty obvious the Sharks are cursed. It will be hard to overcome a loss like that!

I had to watch that replay several times to see how that went in their own net, what a horrible way to end that game.

Detroit also lost to Phoenix at HOME so they are also now down 2-1.

#22 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (john @ Apr 19 2010, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ugh, yeah. They are consistently terrible in the post-season. Last night was just awful! They are letting the games be way too close for a 1 seed vs 8 seed.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#23 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

Here is more on the Sharks.

The puck that Boyle hit was redirected into the net.

They have to win tomorrow night...

Overcoming the Obstacles
The response on Monday was clear: there is no quit in the Sharks
Monday, 04.19.2010 / 6:14 PM / News
Overcome. That was the mantra from Sharks Head Coach Todd McLellan prior to the Colorado series beginning. No team makes a long run without roadblocks and even though the Sharks have had three series worth of quirky goals in three games, the scenario is just part of what must be faced in the postseason.

San Jose must win the next game instead of dwelling on what could have been.

“It doesn’t matter how we get to that moment where we have to overcome, when we get there, we have to,” said McLellan.

“We have to win the next one and that is all there is to it,” said Joe Pavelski.

Heck, rather than be upset about what has occurred in how Game 3 ended in a crazier fashion than Game 1, the Sharks are able to look at the events and chuckle a bit.

“Score on the right goalie I guess,” joked McLellan about what the Sharks could have done differently. “We can be a little bit humorous with it today. I think we need a little bit of an opportunity to smile.”

BOYLE
Following the game, Dan Boyle had time to see the play that Ryan O’Reilly redirected for the game winner. Less than 24 hours later, Boyle is beginning to reconcile what happened, but says he won’t fully put it behind him until he steps on the ice for Game 4.

“The only problem is I need to play, I want to play right now,” said Boyle. “Unfortunately I have to wait another day. This is where I need to show my leadership and try to come through and bounce back. I wish I could say I turned the play already, but I haven’t. I need to play. Until we drop the puck, it’s going to be with me and stay with me until the series is done. If we win the series, I can officially turn the page. Ten years ago, it would have been a scary thing as a young guy; I would have been a mess.”

Boyle did get a chance to see the play and could analyze it better than the previous night.

“Absolutely,” said Boyle about O’Reilly touching it. “It was a fraction of a second after me. On TV it’s not obvious, but right away he puts his stick right there and I’m trying to go around the boards with it and it goes in the net. A horrible, horrible bounce.”

The least of McLellan’s worries is how Boyle will bounce back as the former Stanley Cup winner and Olympic gold medalist is a true champion and his mental strength is the equal of his one ice talents. Remember, this is a man who wasn’t drafted and was moved from his first NHL club for a fifth round pick. He is the epitome of McLellan’s mantra of “overcome.”

“Dany Boyle has won a Stanley Cup, he just won a gold medal, he’s a high end player whose game is built on integrity and he is fine,” said McLellan.

The rest of the team is fine as well.

// More below //

http://sharks.nhl.co...s.htm?id=526245

#24 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

The Sharks won game 4 in overtime. It is now 2-2 and going back to San Jose for game 5.

Go sharks..

Game 4 Live Blog
Sharks Game 4 Live Blog
Tuesday, 04.20.2010 / 9:28 PM / News
By San Jose Sharks Staff
SHARKS at AVALANCHE

GAME 4 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER-FINALS 4/20/10

FINAL: Sharks-2, Avalanche-1 (OT)
Series tied 2-2
Game 5 at HP Pavilion 7:30pm Thursday April 22nd

Three Stars
1. Pavelski (GW Goal)
2. Anderson (43 saves)
3. Nabokov (33 saves)

OVERTIME

10:24 We are headed back to San Jose with the series tied at two! Pavelski is the hero picking up a loose puck in the high slot and snaps home a wrister top shelf glove side. Murray led the rush up the middle of the ice, as he crossed the blueline two Avs jumped to him and Pavelski pounced on the puck and fired it home to give the Sharks the huge overtime win. Anderson did not have a clean look at the shot as Foote sset a partial screen trying to back up.
SJ GOAL: Pavelski (2) A: Murray (1), Clowe 2 (4) at 10:24

// go here for more //

http://sharks.nhl.co...s.htm?id=526399

#25 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

The sharks rookies came through big time in the last game and the Sharks won 5-0 to take a 3-2 lead in the best of 7. They play the 6th game in Colorado on Saturday. Go sharks.

Sharks Rookies Score Big Goals
Logan Couture and Dwight Helminen Hit The Scoreboard

How big of a role can Logan Couture play in the Sharks current playoff run? No one can predict the future, but if Couture can continue to contribute as he did in San Jose’s 5-0 win in Game Five of the Western Conference Quarterfinals against Colorado, he may have a place in Sharks playoff history.

Couture scored the game’s first goal (and his first Stanley Cup Playoff goal) at 8:25 of the second period. All he did was crash the net as Patrick Marleau brought the puck down the left wing and passed it to Dany Heatley in the high slot. Heatley put the puck on net and Couture tapped it in by following one simple hockey axiom that he knows well. “You’re not going to score,” Couture said, “unless you go to the net.”

Couture scored his second goal at 10:37 of the third period. He scored on an open net after Ryane Clowe’s backhand shot went off Colorado goaltender Craig Anderson’s pads and onto his stick. “’Clowie’ made a great play on that second goal,” Couture said. “The puck bounced right on my stick and I couldn’t have asked for it to be in a better spot.

// go to the below website for more //

http://sharks.nhl.co...s.htm?id=526727

#26 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

More on tomorrow afternoons game.

Looking For The Clincher
Sharks Look To Win In Six, But It Won’t Be Easy

By San Jose Sharks Staff

To coin a phrase from tennis, the San Jose Sharks now have “advantage” with a three games-to-two lead in their best-of-seven Western Conference Quarterfinal series against Colorado.

Saturday’s Game Six at Denver’s Pepsi Center could be the series clincher, but hockey tradition says winning the fourth game is the hardest one to win.

“We haven’t gotten to them at all. Their best game will be tomorrow night,” Captain Rob Blake said. “The most we’ve been challenged in the series will happen tomorrow night and we’ve got to be ready for that.”

Saturday’s game will bring out a certain kind of hockey in both teams, especially in the Avalanche: desperation, win-at-all-costs hockey.

“The team (will be) playing so desperate. The history of that organization is they’re up to the challenges,” said Blake, who won a Stanley Cup with Colorado in 2001. “They always have been and we expect nothing less out of them tomorrow.”

http://sharks.nhl.co...s.htm?id=526816

#27 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

GO SHARKS...

Game 6 tonight and the San Jose Sharks won it by a score of 5 - 2 to win the first round over Colorado. We will find out in a few days who they will play in the second round.

SHARKS at AVALANCHE

GAME 6 WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER-FINALS 4/24/10

FINAL
Sharks-5, Avalanche-2
Sharks win series 4-2

Three Stars
1. Pavelski (2 Goals, 1 Assist, +4)
2. Clowe (2 Assists, +4)
3. Svatos (Goal, 3 Shots, +1)

3rd PERIOD

20:00 It's over in Denver and the Sharks are on to Round Two and win the series from Colorado 4-2 with a 5-2 win in Game 6. Sharks outshoot the Avs 11-3 in the third and 34-18 for the game. The turning point, oddly enough, was the Yip goal for Colorado as from that point on San Jose steam-rolled the Avs and didn't look back. After what the Sharks were handed in this series, with the bad bounces and bad luck this group showed their strength and resiliancy, fought through adversity and has moved on.

19:29 Murray takes any doubt away and puts another in the empty net from the neutral zone for his second career Stanley Cup playoff goal.
SJ EN GOAL: Murray (1) A: Thornton (3), Mitchell (1) at 19:29

19:08 Setoguchi puts one in the empty net and may have put away the series. The puck was tied up along the boards in the left corner of the Sharks zone, when Setoguchi came away with it; he raced to center and flipped the puck into the empty net.
SJ EN GOAL: Setoguchi (3) A: Unassisted at 19:08

(( Read the blow by blow below ))

http://sharks.nhl.co...s.htm?id=526942

#28 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:57 AM

Sharks Advance To Second Round
San Jose Is In The Final 8 For The 4th Time In 5 Years

By San Jose Sharks Staff
San Jose came into Game 6 hoping to close out their best of seven series with Colorado and that is exactly what they did thanks to a two goal night from Joe Pavelski and an important tying tally from Dan Boyle.

In the beginning it was Pavelski though, as it was in the end. “Little Joe” started the night off right in the first minute by stuffing in a wraparound from behind Craig Anderson. As important as the goal was, Pavelski played big on the scenario by outbattling his defender for the puck. In a battle of wills, Pavelski was the victor. It was that way for the entire series as Pavelski scored the tying goal late in Game 2 and notched two game-winners.

“We wanted a good start,” said Pavelski. “We said let’s make a push of our own and we were fortunate in the battle behind the net.”

Then with the game tied at two in the third, Pavelski scored again, providing the game-winner. He had scored key goals all series and with Colorado threatening to force a Game 7, Pavelski stepped up again. The two goals and three points were a career high for the Plover, Wisconsin product.

“I think Joe Pavelski’s line deserves first star in the series,” said Boyle. “Pavelski gets the game-winner and that’s fitting because that line has been our line this series.”

The Sharks bench boss was please with the group’s play.

http://sharks.nhl.co...s.htm?id=526961

The San Jose Mercury News accounts..

http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks

#29 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

Second Round of the Stanley Cup playoffs for the Sharks and RedWings

Game 1 Thursday at 6 PM

Sharks And Detroit Play Thursday At 6 PM

The Sharks will host Detroit on Thursday at 6 p.m. PT in Game 1 of their Western Conference Semifinal series.

The remainder of the playing and television schedule will be determined later.

#30 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:02 PM

Here is the schedule for the next round. GO SHARKS...

http://sharks.nhl.co...s.htm?id=527445

Round 2 Schedule Released
Days Announced For Sharks-Red Wings Series
Wednesday, 04.28.2010 / 8:03 PM / News
By San Jose Sharks Staff
The National Hockey League announced today that the San Jose Sharks (#1) Western Conference Semi-Finals series against the Detroit Red Wings (#5) will begin on Thurs., April 29 at 6 p.m. PDT at HP Pavilion. The entire schedule is listed below.

This will be the fourth Stanley Cup Playoffs meeting between the Sharks and the Red Wings. The teams previously met in the 1994 Western Conference Quarterfinals (San Jose def. Detroit, 4-3) and twice in the Western Conference Semi-Finals (1995: Detroit def. San Jose, 4-0 and 2007: Detroit def. San Jose, 4-2).

The first two games of the series will be carried exclusively in the United States on VERSUS. Comcast SportsNet California will carry the rest of the games in HD.

All San Jose Sharks playoff games can be heard on the 98.5 KFOX (KUFX-FM) and the San Jose Sharks Radio Network (the Sharks pre-game show will air live in its entirety on KFOX starting ½ hour before every game).

Practices at Sharks Ice during the playoffs are CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

Game Day Date Time (PDT) Location TV RADIO
1 Thurs. April 29 6 p.m. HP Pavilion VERSUS 98.5 KFOX
2 Sun. May 2 5 p.m. HP Pavilion VERSUS 98.5 KFOX
3 Tues. May 4 4:30 p.m. Joe Louis Arena CSNBA-HD 98.5 KFOX
4 Thurs. May 6 4:30 p.m. Joe Louis Arena CSNBA-HD 98.5 KFOX
5* Sat. May 8 7 p.m. HP Pavilion CSNBA-HD 98.5 KFOX
6* Mon. May 10 4:30 p.m. Joe Louis Arena CSNBA-HD 98.5 KFOX
7* Wed. May 12 TBD HP Pavilion CSNBA-HD 98.5 KFOX

* If necessary
! A schedule of games on Comcast SportsNet California will be available soon.
Times listed are PACIFIC TIME
Games at HP Pavilion at San Jose in BOLD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users