141 replies to this topic

#1 Gina99

Gina99

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:51 AM

Has anyone tried Early Toast, the restaurant that replaced My Grandma's Kitchen? Is it related to Toast in Granite Bay??

#2 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

Not yet , but I thinks it's related to Mexquite and not the Granite Bay restaurant.

#3 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

Do you know when it is supposed to open?

#4 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

I went there because it had an ad in the Folsom/El Do magazine.... It was not open. So we ended up at Waffle Barn.
<3

#5 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

The guy that owns Mexquite also is opening "Early Toast".

#6 TraditionsLastALifetime

TraditionsLastALifetime

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Photography, modeling, reading medical books, writing, cooking, laughing, and smiling

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

I believe the landlord of that building is building out and owns Early Toast. I believe Mexquite and him are partners in the new endeavor.

I now take a big deep breath and realize us closing down was for the better. HELLO everyone. Havent been on here for ages. I wrote my long goodbye note and returned just this once...many of you dont care, some of you do...so I wanted to share where life has taken us after closing a family business. So many forget that there are lives and hearts behind all the businesses closing. In the beginning of our opening so many cruel things were said...I took them so personally. I am thankful the things were said for they allowed me an opportunity to see that not all people are kind, not all people are bad and to never let someone elses opinion of you affect who you are. The only persons opinion of me that matters at the end of a long hard day is the one I have of myself. I only wish I didnt let others words have such an effect on me for so long. A lesson learned. A lesson I am grateful for. Someone once told me in businesss never claim your religion, personal health, or money with others. I am proud to say that will always claim that my joy and strength comes from the Lord, I will proudly say I have systemic lupus and 2 kidney diseases and am still smiling. I will proudly say our life savings is gone now but we have more treasures that any four walls can hold.

Me and my son lost our home after the business closed. We moved in with my mother and grandmother. I, a folsom living woman went on welfare to support me and my son. My son and I are disabled and awaiting an answer from ssi to see how we will be able to live. I am no longer allowed to work as my health deteriates. My mom and I often drive by the old location wondering "what if" but TODAY is the present that is why they call it a GIFT. It is not about what we lost rather about what we gained.

Early into our opening someone said "The people wokring there look like a bunch of inmates" I thank them. In Jan of this year I began a prison ministry and am reaching out to over 4 major prisons in ca. I physically go into these facilities and offer compassion and faith to the inmates, there families and there children. A true blessing. I turned in my apron and GM title to become a Pastor. Although the aprons were cute I occasionally dress up and bake at home smile.gif

With my illness getting the best of me, my son and I will move back to NJ to be with family and friends for physical and emotional support. My 5 years in folsom has been a true learning experience. Many of our loyal customers changed my life in ways I cannot explain. And the customers or critics that picked us apart I am thankful for. They allowed me to stand firm in my faith, to grow stronger and to become more determined to make a difference in this world. The small things are just small things.

When I left the forum I was angry and bitter. I was tired of the drama that acumulates so easily here. But how one chooses to spend there time is not for me to judge. I can only pray that others will learn to be more productive and offer compassion to people in all aspects of life in there spare time.

I hope that we can put down our cell phones, shut down our pc's, turn off the ipods and listen to life. Spend more time with our children, reach out to the less fortunate, walk in anothers shoes, learn how other people live and practice compassion. Perhaps this is a far fetched dream. But it all starts with one person. And I am one that has chosen to take what life has given me and do something great with it. We cannot decide what life hands us but we can decide what we do with it. you can fall doing something, or fall for anything. the choice is ours.

Thank you all for your words, good, bad, positive or negative. They all helped me to become the person I wanted to be. Be honest, be kind, be sensitive and do not ever judge a book by its cover.

*Blessings* Mandee the My Grandmas Kitchen Girl with a big heart who loves the Lord, who loves serving others, who loves life.

#7 wrabbit

wrabbit

Hall Of Famer

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Apr 6 2008, 09:57 AM) View Post
I went there because it had an ad in the Folsom/El Do magazine.... It was not open. So we ended up at Waffle Barn.

Could you please explain the skeleton in your Announcement?

I've tried to understand my teenager girls explanation, but it isn't registering.

----
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

#8 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(wrabbit @ Apr 10 2008, 08:07 PM) View Post
Could you please explain the skeleton in your Announcement?

I've tried to understand my teenager girls explanation, but it isn't registering.

----

notice also the hearts and the color, its a graphic style, not a statement

This may just be difficult to understand because different people and different generations have different style tastes, and its sometimes hard for one or the other to understand and accept the others likes and dislikes, but its all good in individual eyes and thats all that needs to be understood really

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#9 Warren G

Warren G

Fancy Title goes here

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

It's a well known symbol for Pirates or poison. Dunno what other interpretations there are that would apply to a baby.
"Is that your bike? It sure looks fast."

#10 wrabbit

wrabbit

Hall Of Famer

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

I don't mean to sound rude, but my question WAS for Andrea V.

I'd like her to tell me about this culture or "Fad", as she understands it. Not what others may THINK/Guess it is about.

I'm not trying to be critical, just want to understand. smile.gif
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

#11 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:42 AM

I love pirates. If I won the lottery, I would not buy a yacht... I'd buy a huge Pirate Ship!

But the skulls and cross bones thing... it is just part of our style... I can't explain it to my mom either, older people just don't get it. Sorry, I did not mean to call you old, but.... well your teenage daughter gets it tongue.gif

PS davburr You are right. happy.gif
<3

#12 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Apr 12 2008, 08:42 AM) View Post
I love pirates. If I won the lottery, I would not buy a yacht... I'd buy a huge Pirate Ship!

pi·rate (pī'rĭt)
n.
One who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation.

Piracy still occurs in the south pacific. I guarantee you the victims of piracy don't love it.

I hope you mean to say you love the romanticism of pirates as shown in movies, because to truly love pirates, means you love thugs and thieves that practice their criminal activities at sea.

Hollywood has glorified a truly cruel and criminal lot. A very big distortion of facts.
I would rather be Backpacking

#13 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(Bill Z @ Apr 12 2008, 10:13 AM) View Post
pi·rate (pī'rĭt)
n.
One who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation.

Piracy still occurs in the south pacific. I guarantee you the victims of piracy don't love it.

I hope you mean to say you love the romanticism of pirates as shown in movies, because to truly love pirates, means you love thugs and thieves that practice their criminal activities at sea.

Hollywood has glorified a truly cruel and criminal lot. A very big distortion of facts.

partypooper.... tongue.gif

Posted Image

#14 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE(Revolutionist @ Apr 12 2008, 10:16 AM) View Post
partypooper.... tongue.gif

ARRRR!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#15 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Of all the things to nut up about you're going to pick pirates? Who else will save us from the ninja menace?
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users