#271 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(New Girl @ Nov 3 2004, 11:54 AM)
  I would love to have that part of Folsom. The land through there is gorgous and I would hate to see more of Sac. County or even Rancho (and Rancho is contiguous with that land) south of 50.

View Post

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here - once that land is flattened and built upon, it is not going to be gorgeous any longer. It's a funny thing about building & development, somehow the land just doesn't seem to retain it's natural beauty once it's had most of it's natural foliage removed, been paved over and had an automall built on it.

#272 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:15 PM

Regarless of the Vote on W, South of 50 would be developed - by the country or Rancho if Folsom does not get it.
So this is the best we can do - and this vote at least protects some of this land.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#273 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:22 PM

It will be very interesting to see how quickly that land south of 50 starts being developed. My prediction is that we'll start to see leveling within the next 8 months. Somehow, we've managed all this time without having to build over there, but I guess now it's just imperative that we "progress". The County has thousands of acres of land already open to development and in a location much more suited for their use. If Rancho and the County were so hot to develop that land, how come they haven't made an attempt to yet? If W hadn't passed, I feel very confident that the pressure to develop that land wouldn't have been so great as to occur before the next election - a time at which a better measure could have been put forth.

At this point, it's really not worth arguing over as we no longer have a real say in what happens. I guess I'm just frustrated that what seemed to me to be scare tactics (we'd better develop it or else somebody else will) were successful. Such is life.

#274 New Girl

New Girl

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Nov 3 2004, 12:09 PM)
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here - once that land is flattened and built upon, it is not going to be gorgeous any longer.  It's a funny thing about building & development, somehow the land just doesn't seem to retain it's natural beauty once it's had most of it's natural foliage removed, been paved over and had an automall built on it.

View Post

I was actually replying to Melloguy who does not appear to know that the approval process is already underway for developing the land adjacent to our SOI. I was trying to say that I would like to see ALL the land immediately south of Folsom a part of Folsom, including the Gencorp land and the Eston project. That way Folsom would have a say in the planning decisions. To me, as I drive up highway 50, Folsom starts at the automall and continues to the county line. The Easton Project includes the land up to Prairie City and, judging by the rest of highway 50, I do not think Sac County will make a good job of developing it.

Sac. County are very keen to keep the land as the automall is going to be expanding there - of course they want the tax dollars.

I am relieved that Measure W passed.

#275 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:55 PM

NewGirl is right on target. Aerojet carved out land that was approved as being uncontaminated. It is across the highway from Folsom, and like NewGirl I had always thought of the land past the automall as "Folsom," though it is not.

The Easton project is in the planning/permitting stage at Sac. County. The county designated a representative to work on the project. He happens to be a Rancho Cordovan and was appointed because of his knowledge of and work with RC. Sac. County doesn't have much to do with Folsom if they can help it.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#276 Orangetj

Orangetj

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(New Girl @ Nov 3 2004, 12:49 PM)
I was actually replying to Melloguy who does not appear to know that the approval process is already underway for developing the land adjacent to our SOI.  I was trying to say that I would like to see ALL the land immediately south of Folsom a part of Folsom, including the Gencorp land and the Eston project.  That way Folsom would have a say in the planning decisions.  To me, as I drive up highway 50, Folsom starts at the automall and continues to the county line.  The Easton Project includes the land up to Prairie City and, judging by the rest of highway 50, I do not think Sac County will make a good job of developing it.

Sac. County are very keen to keep the land as the automall is going to be expanding there - of course they want the tax dollars.

I am relieved that Measure W passed.

View Post

Thanks for clarifying, New Girl. I misinterpreted your post.

#277 Bob Holderness

Bob Holderness

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Orangetj @ Nov 3 2004, 02:00 PM)
Thanks for clarifying, New Girl.  I misinterpreted your post.

View Post

New Girl: Amen.

#278 dave

dave

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 09:28 AM

I agree with New Girl. With RC, I picture Easton as having a soundwall along 50 and more intensive development than Folsom would allow. And fewer trees.

RCordova has about $25 million a year to pay Sac County in neutrality payments for having separated and taken some of the county's tax dollars. That's more incentive to intensify development to collect fees. Folsom has no debt to the county.

#279 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

- In fact, if I am ever crazy enough to run for re-election, you should assume I have gone competely insane and you should not vote for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users