25 replies to this topic

#16 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Or it could be the officer believes the increase of insurance rates and the hassle of replacing your car are enough punishment.

#17 kfergo

kfergo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

Or it could be the officer believes the increase of insurance rates and the hassle of replacing your car are enough punishment.

If that's the case, no one should ever get a speeding ticket. Or one for inattentive driving.

because  those folsom cops are either lazy-or worried about P/O the wrong person.

This is an indication that politics is allowed to affect patrol officers.

makes you really wonder if its true that one of our council members had gotten away with driving drunk/hitting a kid and usurping the color of the law to get out of repercussions or documentation.

I apparently was not the "wrong person" they were worried about. Really loving having car payments again.

#18 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

If that's the case, no one should ever get a speeding ticket. Or one for inattentive driving.

I apparently was not the "wrong person" they were worried about. Really loving having car payments again.

yeah I feel ya. 

A friend of mine recently hit a cow. Totaled his car. 

They didnt ticket the rancher for the cow crossing the freeway at 2AM.  

Well, ok--I'm not sure the time would be a factor so much as the fact that a cow is most certainly not expected there...and not on a dark patch of roadway like just outside of EDH.

Who do you get more mad at: the cow, the rancher or the cop?

lol.

Gotta love those chicken/egg riddles

#19 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

What were you hoping would be accomplished had the PD cited her?

-Robert

#20 kfergo

kfergo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

What were you hoping would be accomplished had the PD cited her?

-Robert

Just a little more incentive to keep her from doing it again. 

#21 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:23 AM

Just a little more incentive to keep her from doing it again. 

Having an accident is usually far more of a disincentive. Having an accident is a life affecting event. Short of criminal activity putting more on the person isn't necessary. I'm sure she's aware she was in an accident. Some people even experience a form of PTSD and have a hard time getting back behind the wheel. The "fine" she'll get from her insurance co will be far more than what she could be fined by the city.

-Robert

#22 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

No skateboard ramp.

I saw a kid skateboarding down the center of Golf Links a few weeks ago. I just kept thinking, typical teenager & Folsom entitlement syndrome. 

#23 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

I saw a kid skateboarding down the center of Golf Links a few weeks ago. I just kept thinking, typical teenager & Folsom entitlement syndrome. 

To be fair, I used to skate down the middle of Florin Rd in S. Sac coming down the 99 overpass when I was a kid.

Not really an entitled Folsomite thing.  Teen skater punk, maybe.

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#24 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

To be fair, I used to skate down the middle of Florin Rd in S. Sac coming down the 99 overpass when I was a kid.

Not really an entitled Folsomite thing.  Teen skater punk, maybe.

I was fair. I said typical teenager AND entitlement. 

This was not a skater punk. This was a well-dressed collegiate type kid. Definitely more on the side of priviledged &/or entitled. 

#25 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:44 AM

to be fair-entitlement and teenage-erism is not the same thing at all, however, from an adult perspective I can see how the two could be confused.

Nor would I call someone a skater punk just because I see them driving a board in the middle of the road.

I think the better terminology for this type of scenario would be bullet-proof attitude

#26 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

Typical teen behavior. They are invincible, take risks, and don't yet understand life in the big picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users