#16 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

I think they set it at $6,501

Read the article from todays Sacbee.

http://www.sacbee.co...le16289786.html

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#17 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:11 AM

So we have a Parks master plan that is unfunded and our Council members are more concerned about developer profits than they are about new residents having their parks built, which Im sure the Sales Agents for the developers are telling them where their parks are going to be built at.

A few years back some Home builders were building homes in Folsom and the same model in Elk Grove. The very same identical Model in Folsom was selling for $85,000 more at that time , than in Elk Grove. Clearly, developers can afford to build n sell homes at a profit here in Folsom and pay the cost of their impacts! Of course its a lot less expensive to make some donation to City Council elections to keep their puppets in Office who are looking out for the developers best interests as opposed to the citizens getting the amenities they were promised.

I guess its time to ask the question, What is it our Council members are getting to make these decisions? What they are doing is completely illogical!

#18 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

I think if they were forced to pay those fees it would be hard to compete pricewise with housing developments in Rancho Cordova, but it does seem like another promise in Measure W that's set aside if there won't be enough funding for parks.

I considered RC when house shopping.

If homes in RC & Folsom were the same price, I would still choose Folsom (even without the parks). I like the overall feel of the town, the location, freeway access, shopping & other amenities far more than what is available in RC. 

#19 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

Sorry to all for my bad math.  Yes, they did raise it to $6501, starting on July 1, 2015. They still lowered it from the initial $7874 to the final $6501 and yet developers still complain.  They've had such a sweet  deal for so many years at being charged less than $3k that they have the nerve to say they've not had enough notice.  Did they really think Folsom would stay at $2910 for so long?  I guess the question is why did it stay so low for so long? Looks like the communities around us didn't have any issues raising their fees.  Robert, I think we all would like to know what the council is getting from developers. 

#20 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

I considered RC when house shopping.

If homes in RC & Folsom were the same price, I would still choose Folsom (even without the parks). I like the overall feel of the town, the location, freeway access, shopping & other amenities far more than what is available in RC. 

I get it.  I like Folsom, too; although my freeway access has become more of a chore because of all the houses built close to the freeway :( Obviously, some people are willing to pay more to live here.  My point was the homes were the exact same model, but very different prices.   After reading some of the posts here, it's obvious the park fees have nothing to do with that price difference even with the increase.

I suppose it isn't just large developers that will pay this fee.  Will individual lot owners or those who might want to add a granny flat get dinged as well for the failure to collect an appropriate amount all those years?

#21 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

I get it.  I like Folsom, too; although my freeway access has become more of a chore because of all the houses built close to the freeway :( Obviously, some people are willing to pay more to live here.  My point was the homes were the exact same model, but very different prices.   After reading some of the posts here, it's obvious the park fees have nothing to do with that price difference even with the increase.

I remember seeing the same model, lower prices in RC. Or a slightly different, larger model for a lot less than Folsom. I actually think the price difference is planned marketing strategy for two totally different communities. 

I'm going to be selfish. I hope to heck that Folsom prices are never comparable to RC.

This is probably a different subject, but I was reading an article about Aerojet being a superfund site. http://yosemite.epa....p.?OpenDocument

Has this been all cleaned up & certifiably safe? Just wondering cause my company is moving my division down to the RC business park at the end of the year, and I'm concerned. Plus, I don't want to join the commuters. 

#22 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

I remember seeing the same model, lower prices in RC. Or a slightly different, larger model for a lot less than Folsom. I actually think the price difference is planned marketing strategy for two totally different communities. 

I'm going to be selfish. I hope to heck that Folsom prices are never comparable to RC.

This is probably a different subject, but I was reading an article about Aerojet being a superfund site. http://yosemite.epa....p.?OpenDocument

Has this been all cleaned up & certifiably safe? Just wondering cause my company is moving my division down to the RC business park at the end of the year, and I'm concerned. Plus, I don't want to join the commuters. 

The places I'm thinking of in Rancho aren't on Aerojet property.  They are very near the airport, but I personally have always liked watching the planes land so to me it's kind of cool. I've worked in a lot of those buildings in Rancho.  I always bring my owner water no matter where I go so that's not really an issue.  The commute really isn't that bad.  Be thankful they aren't relocating to Elk Grove.

#23 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

Its NOT our Council responsibility to make sure the Developers maximize their profits! Instead its our Council responsibility to ensure that the Master Plan that they adopted or bought into is being completed! The Developers all signed the DA and knew what the Master plan called for and what it would cost to complete the plan. If it was too costly to build homes and pay what was required for impact fees, the developers shouldn't have signed the agreement!

I think its rather obvious that Folsom isn't charging extra ordinary cumbersome impact fees for new development, yet the Builders are selling their products for more in Folsom than other cities. Clearly this telling all of us that they can afford to pay more to preserve our quality of life, but sadly our council wont enforce that!

#24 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

They do not have to compete on price with RC. Home values in Folsom justify the additional fees, because it is the parks (and bike trails) and schools that really set Folsom apart. Ever notice how development advertising always shows people biking on the trails in town?

And some money for trail repairs wouldn't be a bad thing. There are areas of the trial that have had warning paint on dangerous ares of the asphalt for about a year now.

-Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users