37 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

3 car pile up  and half an hour later a jeep hit a guy in a motrized wheel chair just a half block from there. cops were still at first incident. 

Pretty sad.

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

3 car pile up  and half an hour later a jeep hit a guy in a motrized wheel chair just a half block from there. cops were still at first incident. 

Pretty sad.

Pretty sad.

That's terrible.  Where abouts on East Bidwell?

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

At Blue Ravine, by Wells Fargo.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Maybe we'll get lucky and find out the wheelchair guy was that ahole Scott Johnson.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

Average Joe is ABOVE average today. +1, Joe...nicely done !!

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

Maybe we'll get lucky and find out the wheelchair guy was that ahole Scott Johnson.

Folsom Watch says the wheelchair guy is named Chris. Better luck next time I guess.

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

That's terrible.  Where abouts on East Bidwell?

the car accident was right in front of the lowes-trader joes-togo's parking lot. 

The wheelchair accident was in the entryway to the parking lot at Ihop. 

#8 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

If there was a witness to the desperate state of our cities finances-- I saw it tonight.

an ambulance could not respond to the wheel chair accident because there were two sitting in the street half a block up-in heavy traffic in the slow lane -with no lights or alarms on-appearing to be clueless of what was ahead-with dour faces. I think they were leaving the car accident scene. Further past, the fire truck came screeching around the corner of glenn-hey that had just been at that location a few minutes ago--i could see the looks on their faces as they drove by...they they slammed on the brakes at the major traffic stoppage just past raleys. Meanwhile..the police were still sitting in from of the sprint store on E bidwell with their lights on-having not pulled out from the traffic accident--the cars from the car accident had just been towed off.

Man-talk about bad luck-being in a wheel chair and getting hit-half a block from an accident.

#9 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

If there was a witness to the desperate state of our cities finances-- I saw it tonight.

an ambulance could not respond to the wheel chair accident because there were two sitting in the street half a block up-in heavy traffic in the slow lane -with no lights or alarms on-appearing to be clueless of what was ahead-with dour faces. I think they were leaving the car accident scene. Further past, the fire truck came screeching around the corner of glenn-hey that had just been at that location a few minutes ago--i could see the looks on their faces as they drove by...they they slammed on the brakes at the major traffic stoppage just past raleys. Meanwhile..the police were still sitting in from of the sprint store on E bidwell with their lights on-having not pulled out from the traffic accident--the cars from the car accident had just been towed off.

Man-talk about bad luck-being in a wheel chair and getting hit-half a block from an accident.

how does what you describe have anything to do with city finances?  just sounds like gridlock from a traffic accident

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#10 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

how does what you describe have anything to do with city finances?  just sounds like gridlock from a traffic accident

The traffic was flowing. It was not gridlock. 

Perhaps you misunderstood that from the description above.

What I saw was THE ambulances the city had- were not able to get to the second scene because they were busy elsewhere.

City finance choices in the number of emergency vehicles available caused a delay in services/ and or a delay in manpower in relaying the need for services (lack of dispatchers or divers)

Also I should point out that the two ambulances at the scene of the car accident were not county or city or Fire department ambulances. They were private contract emergency ambulances.

#11 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

The city doesn't send an ambulance for free. You call an ambulance in the city of Folsom and you get a bill from the city. You get billed an initial touch fee and then a fee for each thing done as well as any transportation. The city lost money if they didn't respond.

If someone calls an ambulance for you and you don't want it you must tell them not to touch you or you get billed.

-Robert

#12 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

The city doesn't send an ambulance for free. You call an ambulance in the city of Folsom and you get a bill from the city. You get billed an initial touch fee and then a fee for each thing done as well as any transportation. The city lost money if they didn't respond.

If someone calls an ambulance for you and you don't want it you must tell them not to touch you or you get billed.

-Robert

That is not the point.

The city just recently started billing individuals for ambulance and fire response. 

However, the city also has cut back on availability of their ambulances. 

There are only two owned by the city.

The rest are contracted from emergency carriers.

After all the things we have talked about cuts in city budgeting in the last few weeks--exactly where in the heck is the money going?

#13 Robert Gary

Robert Gary

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

That is not the point.

The city just recently started billing individuals for ambulance and fire response. 

Not sure what "recently" is but I have a bill from 4 years ago. So its at least that long ago.

-Robert

#14 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

That is not the point.

However, the city also has cut back on availability of their ambulances. 

There are only two owned by the city.

The rest are contracted from emergency carriers.

After all the things we have talked about cuts in city budgeting in the last few weeks--exactly where in the heck is the money going?

Certain NOT RECENTLY-- I got a bill for $1200 from Folsom to take me 100 ft from my Dr on Creekside to Mercy for chest pains-- I think the two aspirin cost $300... and that was over 6 years ago....

You are right about the reduction of Folsom PD's Ambulance vehicles- they were reduced a couple of years ago. 

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#15 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

so what happened to the guy in the wheelchair?  was he okay?

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users