• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

We've been working on the yard, getting it ship-shape after that little note someone left for us that I mentioned in another thread. However, our lawn is just... awful. We bought the house knowing the lawn wasn't in good condition, but it really needs to be re-done. That's not in the budget at the moment, so I am thinking maybe we need to consult with a gardener.

Anyone in North Folsom using a lawn and garden service that's got reasonable rates and can do more than just mow?

It would be helpful to hear ballpark rates, too. I'm from southern California, and I paid $100 a month for basic mowing, light weeding, bush trimming and fertilizing ( but I supplied the fertilizer). Our lot was 8900 sq. feet down there and it included a pool. Up here we have an 8000 sq. foot lot, no pool, but a much larger house, less lawn than I had before and more shrubs and trees.

Thanks,

Pari
Pari

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:36 PM

We like ours, and the also do landscape contracting. Zavala's Gardening and it's $90 bucks for the same service you had in SoCal.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 canyonman

canyonman

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

When we moved in, we also went with Zavalas' Gardening Service, but were very dissatisfied with their service, so it might be what you're used to expecting. Our lot is about 13,000 and he was charging $110 (several years ago) and was trying to raise the rate a few months after we started with him. Most of our lot has grass, but it was like pulling teeth to have the crew garden (e.g. prune trees, etc). When we did ask the crew to do so, but to keep certain ones high for privacy, they lopped trees in half, etc. The grass was all weedy (various types of weedy grass mixed in) and only green due to a lot of water and fertilizer. When asking Zavalas himself, if he was going to get get the grass into "healthy" condition, he said, it's fine, what's the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users