#166 Ram_it!

Ram_it!

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles<br />Trucks<br />Boats<br />camping<br />

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

I just stopped by tonight and they seemed wiped out of everything. Still some TV's and computer moniters, music CD's and DVD'ds but no good selections. None of the electronics seemed like a good deal at all.

Buyer beware, I read an article about people buying TV's form circuit city only to get home and find the screen in pieces or the unti not working. Circuit City will not take anything back under any circuimstances according to the article and on top of all that you credit card protection plans wont do anything wither becasue the company is in bankrupcy. Not worth the 50 dollar savings to buy from them if you ask me. Of course, I have hated that store since its inceptions so I guess that falls in line with all my experiences.
"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing."
Socrates

#167 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

RIP Circuit City

it still amazes me that they built that entirely new store and only lasted about 6 months.

I think many of us predicted their demise - it was incredibly stupid to put that biz right next to Costco and within eye sight of Best Buy - d'oh

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#168 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

About 2 weeks ago I found good deals on a Rescue Me seasons 1-4 set and a few other titles but nothing else in the store appealed to me. I mean 25% off a video card that was jacked up to full MSRP but selling now months or years after release for half the price at BB or Fry's.

@Ram_It! - i read that too on Gizmodo about buying TVs. Can't open\inspect boxes until paid for and then no returns\all sales final. I would hope a buyer would win disputing the charge with a credit card company but as you pointed out...better to buy it at Costco or elsewhere.

#169 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (eVader @ Feb 25 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About 2 weeks ago I found good deals on a Rescue Me seasons 1-4 set and a few other titles but nothing else in the store appealed to me. I mean 25% off a video card that was jacked up to full MSRP but selling now months or years after release for half the price at BB or Fry's.

@Ram_It! - i read that too on Gizmodo about buying TVs. Can't open\inspect boxes until paid for and then no returns\all sales final. I would hope a buyer would win disputing the charge with a credit card company but as you pointed out...better to buy it at Costco or elsewhere.

ooooh i wanted to see rescue me! it looks good, but i never saw the first seasons, and did not want to start in the middle...

<3

#170 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Andrea V @ Feb 25 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ooooh i wanted to see rescue me! it looks good, but i never saw the first seasons, and did not want to start in the middle...

Show returns in April. Definitely for adult audiences (language, adult drama) but a great show. I can loan Season One to you after next week and until you are caught up. PM me if interested.

#171 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (eVader @ Feb 25 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Show returns in April. Definitely for adult audiences (language, adult drama) but a great show. I can loan Season One to you after next week and until you are caught up. PM me if interested.

heck yeah! oh pm... ok...
<3

#172 Lexington Hills

Lexington Hills

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hey does anyone know if they are selling any of their displays, inside lights, or register desks? I haven't had the time to swing by yet. I wouldn't mind picking up a nice florescent light fixture for my garage.

#173 bunny

bunny

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

I saw something about them selling their fixtures. "30% off tv's and great deals on store fixtures" or something like that.

I looked at a bunch of the stuff they were selling over at Linens and things, shelves and coat racks and whatnot. Didnt seem like they were giving anything away. Usually things attached to the building with electricity, plumbing or lots of nails is considered part of the building and not something for sale. So the lighting might end up staying.

#174 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

When I was in there two weeks ago, they had signs to contact manager for pricing on displays, racks and other things. Nothing I needed.

Before LnT closed, I picked up some nice hanging rods, angle iron\bars and hooks (nice sturdy, long ones) for the garage.

#175 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

After 60 Years, Circuit City Closes For Good

http://cbs13.com/loc...s.2.953285.html
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#176 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#177 FolsomFanatic

FolsomFanatic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

Interesting enough... Ms Teaz cleared out of her store front in a hurry too a couple months ago. Word is that there are a huge trail of unpaid funds to the government and others, yet it appears she's reappeared in another state. Do Look at these!
This month's clothing industry tabloid: http://kepler.sos.ca...Number=C3166765. And
http://kepler.sos.ca...Number=C3166765
Heard of rug stores who do this too. Close with debt then move to another state under another name or other family's assumed names. WOW! Happened in our own town. Hope there's no one who get's suckered into this scam.

#178 pet lover

pet lover

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

Didn't this lady come on here a while ago wanting help with a business website and criticizing some local company fir not holding their part of the bargain. Maybe she was the problem the whole time.
QUOTE (FolsomFanatic @ Mar 22 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting enough... Ms Teaz cleared out of her store front in a hurry too a couple months ago. Word is that there are a huge trail of unpaid funds to the government and others, yet it appears she's reappeared in another state. Do Look at these!
This month's clothing industry tabloid: http://kepler.sos.ca...Number=C3166765. And
Heard of rug stores who do this too. Close with debt then move to another state under another name or other family's assumed names. WOW! Happened in our own town. Hope there's no one who get's suckered into this scam.

#179 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (pet lover @ Mar 22 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't this lady come on here a while ago wanting help with a business website and criticizing some local company fir not holding their part of the bargain. Maybe she was the problem the whole time.

Another single post member spreading rumor about a business.

#180 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (FolsomFanatic @ Mar 22 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You divorced her, give it a rest already

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users