#16 GFFmatt

GFFmatt

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (mylo @ Dec 26 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm keeping the DVD's until someone calls to tell me where to take them wink.gif

Copy that. I just rented 5 movies on Tuesday. If that store is closed, I'm assuming they're mine until further notice.

#17 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (GFFmatt @ Dec 27 2009, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Copy that. I just rented 5 movies on Tuesday. If that store is closed, I'm assuming they're mine until further notice.

I find it interesting how quickly some people are going with the assumption the discs they rented under a signed contract agreement are all of a sudden now their property. In this day and age of computer databases, I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption, I would presume I am still bound by the terms of the contract and try to return them to the store I rented them from. They may still be picking up discs that are dropped off in the drop off slot, or there may be directions taped to the building with where they need to be returned.
I would rather be Backpacking

#18 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

I find it interesting how quickly some people are going with the assumption the discs they rented under a signed contract agreement are all of a sudden now their property. In this day and age of computer databases, I wouldn't be so quick to make that assumption, I would presume I am still bound by the terms of the contract and try to return them to the store I rented them from. They may still be picking up discs that are dropped off in the drop off slot, or there may be directions taped to the building with where they need to be returned.

hahaha, so true so true. True colors coming out here. A shame really. And some wonder why insurance is so high. Integrity seems to be a dying attribute.

I was at the movies yesterday (with about 2,000 others) and could not believe the CRAP people left behind after the amusing chipmunk show. "Not my problem, that's what they get paid to do, clean up after me."

Integrity is what you do when nobody sees you. Folx, your lights are on!

#19 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Dec 27 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt people *seriously* think they get to keep the discs.

#20 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:27 PM

Well so far Mylo said with a wink that he's keeping his DVDs until further notice. That leaves just one person saying he's going to keep his. As for me, I was just asking if there were any instructions on what to do. My rented DVD isn't due for several days and I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to get it back to them early, or to return it to a different location than where I rented it. I'm assuming that the drop box will still be there next week.

#21 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

I'll return them. In no way am I saying they are mine. But since their databases are absolutely NOT linked (I had to signup seperately in EDH and couldn't previously return Folsom movies in EDH) I will simply await further instruction smile.gif
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#22 NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

The Hollywood video in Fair Oaks off of Madison and Hazel is closed as well.

#23 Doug Moore

Doug Moore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

Hate to see another store (any type) closing here in Folsom but thanks to Redbox, the video rental store doesn't make much sense any more. Why spend $4 a pop versus $1? Redbox has what we need nearly all the time, the only exception being when we wanted to an older movies.

#24 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

Cool, it appears we now have most if not all of the DVDs accounted for. Now, about those popcorn boxes and coke cups and candy wrapers you people are leaving on the floor at the theatre.......

#25 GFFmatt

GFFmatt

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

C'mon Bill... you don't detect a bit of my trademark sarcasm at all? And I assumed my addition of "until further notice" is easily translated to "when I find out where I take them". To be absolutely clear, I don't consider my Hollywood rentals to be my property. Everyone calm down.

#26 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

Guess I'm not too surprised. I went Blu-Ray and Netflix, and have never been back...

#27 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

I hear that EDH is closing too, leaving Cameron Park as the closest store still open.
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

#28 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

First the haberdasher, then the newspaper, now the video store... what is this world coming to?
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#29 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

All this was predicted...
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#30 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Darth Lefty @ Dec 27 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All this was predicted...

Nostradamus, Century X, Quatrain 73:

And the door shall close
to the tape of hollow wood