#16 you are my sunshine

you are my sunshine

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (mom2knk @ Feb 2 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings Folsom Forum!

I'm a SAHM of a 3.5 year old and a 7 month old. I am currently looking for a preschool (not daycare) for my 3.5 year old. We've looked at some private schools in town and are shocked at how expensive they are. We've looked into some public programs and they all seem to be full and/or have waiting lists. I am wondering if anyone can lead me in the direction of a good, affordable preschool in Folsom- public, private or in-home that is accepting new students for the Fall school year.

Thanks so much for any help!

We are opening up a brand new preschool in Folsom for fall 2010 - it will be a middle-of-the-road type of school: 3 hours per class - 2 days for the three year olds - and 3 days for the 4 year olds - pricing is very reasonable. It is a play-based, hands-on curriculum using Zoo-phonics to help teach pre-reading skills and Handwriting Without Tears for writing - both are Fantastic programs! We are currently taking enrollment for next year. Our website is www.youaremysunshinepreschool.com if you are looking smile.gif Or you can call 916-705-9175 or email info@youaremysunshinepreschool.com for more information. Every child & family is different - good luck finding the best school that fits your needs!

#17 maggiesmom

maggiesmom

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

We are opening a preschool this fall as well. I am credentialed teacher and will be focusing on play based learning and k-readiness.
Feel free to send me a private message and I would love to chat with you about your preschool needs.

#18 FolsomMom50

FolsomMom50

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

I like Lil Scholars Preschool in EDH. http://mylilscholars.com/. Small class size and good mix between academics and preschool fun. I personally think preschool should be fun and messy. Lil Scholars is a good combination without 1 extreme.

#19 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

I highly recommend Joy of Children preschool. The teachers are fantastic and the program is top notch. They hours for regular school is from 845-200 and the provide snack and lunch everyday. They are located on Natoma street. The number is 608-9277.
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#20 simplicyn

simplicyn

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

We're are in a similar situation with a little guy who has one more year before Kindergarten and we'd love to have him in pre-school, but with one-income and in this economy it's not do-able for us. We checked several are preschools & were shocked at how expensive they were.

Someone mentioned a "Public option" and I was wondering what they meant? Preschool is not part of the school system (except for Special Ed) and I'm not aware of any "Public" option existing other than the Headstart program for very low-income families. The only other option that exists that I'm aware of is the Parent co-op program, which is actually an Adult-Ed program where the parents are essentially teaching the kids and so it requires heavy parent involvement and still isn't free.

If there some public option that I've missed I'd love to hear about it! We'd love to get our little one in some sort of program, but nothing is looking feasible at all. Thanks in advance in case anyone has info I've missed.

#21 Mays

Mays

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (simplicyn @ May 17 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're are in a similar situation with a little guy who has one more year before Kindergarten and we'd love to have him in pre-school, but with one-income and in this economy it's not do-able for us. We checked several are preschools & were shocked at how expensive they were.

Someone mentioned a "Public option" and I was wondering what they meant? Preschool is not part of the school system (except for Special Ed) and I'm not aware of any "Public" option existing other than the Headstart program for very low-income families. The only other option that exists that I'm aware of is the Parent co-op program, which is actually an Adult-Ed program where the parents are essentially teaching the kids and so it requires heavy parent involvement and still isn't free.

If there some public option that I've missed I'd love to hear about it! We'd love to get our little one in some sort of program, but nothing is looking feasible at all. Thanks in advance in case anyone has info I've missed.

Check out Bright Beginnings on Blue Ravine next to Folsom Middle School (They rent space from the church). It's a parent Co-op so you must work in the classroom once or twice a month. Good school and great people are running it. Very reasonable on price as well.
983-5106 Talk with Renee, she is the director

#22 proudmama

proudmama

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (kprincesskate @ May 16 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I highly recommend Joy of Children preschool. The teachers are fantastic and the program is top notch. They hours for regular school is from 845-200 and the provide snack and lunch everyday. They are located on Natoma street. The number is 608-9277.

Agreed. I can't say enough good things about this preschool and the teachers who work there. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a preschool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users