37 replies to this topic

#16 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

Starting tomorrow, GameStop will be issueing rain checks for the Wii, with guaranteed shipment in January. Price is $249.99 + tax

http://www.gamestop....gs/help/wii.asp

GAMESTOP ANNOUNCES HOLIDAY WII RESERVATION PROGRAM

Exclusive One-Day Program Helps Customers This Holiday Season

GRAPEVINE, TX, December 18, 2007 – GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), the world's largest video game and entertainment software retailer, announced today an exclusive, one-day reservation program to assist customers wishing to give the highly sought-after Wii this holiday season. Only on Friday, December 21, 2007, customers can reserve a Wii console for pick-up by January 25, 2008. Reservations must be made in-person at any GameStop or EB Games location in the U.S., including those in Puerto Rico and Hawaii.

While many store locations will have Wii in stock for immediate purchase during the holiday season, quantities are limited. As such, GameStop is offering this exclusive reservation program to provide peace of mind to shoppers that may not be able to locate a system in time for the holidays.

A limited number of reservations will be available at each store and only one reservation can be made per household.

The reservation process requires payment in full at $249.99 plus tax, to guarantee delivery in January. Customers will receive a custom-designed DVD case emblazoned with a Wii and the iconic Mario character wishing a “Happy Holidays! Your Wii is on the Way!” Inside the DVD case is a guarantee slip that provides gift-giver guidelines and an explanation of the gift receipt.

When the reserved Wii console arrives, the gift-giver will receive a telephone call indicating that their system is available for pick-up. Consoles must be picked up at the store location where the reservation was placed.

#17 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:28 PM

We got ours today at Gamestop smile.gif

#18 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, but for kids, they don't understand Santa ran out and wants you to pick it up at gamestop in JANUARY!

They want it ON x-mas, and parents are willing to pay to have the game BEFORE x-mas!
<3

#19 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Dec 20 2007, 04:18 PM) View Post
Yeah, but for kids, they don't understand Santa ran out and wants you to pick it up at gamestop in JANUARY!

They want it ON x-mas, and parents are willing to pay to have the game BEFORE x-mas!

Yeah... so their bratty kids can sit on their butts and get fatter. Oh... that's right... some will argue you actually get exercise from flicking your wrist to hit a baseball... or golf ball.

#20 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Dec 20 2007, 10:22 AM) View Post
If people are stupid enough to pay extra just to have this game, then more power to the people making money off of them. The only one I feel bad for is the legitimate buyer who is fourth in line when there are only three.

My sentiments exactly.

#21 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Dec 20 2007, 06:18 PM) View Post

Santa didn't run out. He was behind you in line, so he's getting my kid a bike instead.

#22 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Dec 20 2007, 04:21 PM) View Post
Yeah... so their bratty kids can sit on their butts and get fatter. Oh... that's right... some will argue you actually get exercise from flicking your wrist to hit a baseball... or golf ball.

Well, some parents will let their kids play video games all day long... Not us, he's outside until its dark and then he has to read an equal amount to the video games he plays.

#23 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Dec 20 2007, 04:18 PM) View Post

Right... and for those that can't afford to shell out an extra $100+...they'll get a rain check.

#24 robert@lockdown

robert@lockdown

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ Dec 19 2007, 11:46 PM) View Post
Keep spreading the Holiday GREED people, charge them the moon for an over-hyped crappy gfx gaming system!

I never mentioned what I was going to charge. Never arse*u*me. I just happened to have an extra because my wife scored one and never told me. So, do I return it or do I make someones day? I am feeling very merry today so how about a great price of $300. A mear $32 more then what I paid.

First call takes it. 835-7416

TOO LATE, IT IS GONE. Merry Christmas all'Ya'all!
Beer has food value, food has no beer value! -Ben Franklin

#25 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Dec 20 2007, 08:23 AM) View Post
I want a wii sad.gif

Toys R Us in Roseville had 25+ in yesterday eve...may want to call around the Toys R Us'.

#26 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:41 PM

Target has "A LOT", in the words of one of their associates. I bought one for Jesse for holiday, but he said he's willing to look on Ebay and see what they're selling for and we may just turn around and sell it. That's Target here in Folsom. If you need one, go get one without paying a huge mark-up.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#27 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Dec 21 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post
Target has "A LOT", in the words of one of their associates. I bought one for Jesse for holiday, but he said he's willing to look on Ebay and see what they're selling for and we may just turn around and sell it. That's Target here in Folsom. If you need one, go get one without paying a huge mark-up.

Thats where we got the last one we sold, they were out of them a few minutes later. Sales on ebay have dropped like crazy. It's probably getting to close to xmas. I wonder if ebay sales will pick up after the holiday.

#28 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:05 PM

Walked into Target in El Dorado Hills at lunch looking for last minute Christmas gifts -walked out with a Wii! Nice - they found 4 in the back and had just brought them out!! Keep trying people they are out there!

Merry Christmas to my dad!
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#29 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

Target Folsom is likely sold out by now. They only had four left at 4:30 p.m., so don't waste your time going up there.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#30 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

I was just in Fry's and they released something like 10 of them. Of course, they all sold quickly. I watched as people bumrushed the poor sales guy.

I picked one up, so if anyone wants a Wii at list price (okay, maybe plus a six pack of beer) drop me a PM smile.gif
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users