1 reply to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Ok, so..I'm not a marshmallow or a wallflower..or whatever. But, Zoey (my kitten), gave me a good start this morning. I had just opened the doors and windows to air the house out. I was in the restroom doing household stuff, and I see her streak into the house. She stops and drops something from her mouth. Which then starts running in slow-moe circles like a broken wind-up toy.

I tell her "Zoey you get that outta here!" The mouse starts making a pathetic zig-zag for the fridge. Zoey bats it about, but it is determined.
My stomach churns as I think, Ugghh, if it gets under there...!

Ok, I don't want to mess with it. Each time Zoey tries to catch it, it looks like it tries to bite her. I guess I would too, under the circumstances.. Hmmm, crud. I go look for a shoe. Shoes always seem like a good weapon, in hind sight.

So, I come back with a sturdy running shoe, and see the very fat field mouse has indeed made it to the fridge. Inwardly i kinda cringe. No matter what, this is going to involve cleaning. I rethink my approach. The mouse tries to burrow under the fridge grille. Haste seems like a priority! I move in quickly and grab and pull the tail. As the mouse clears away from the front of the fridge, I give it a good wack on the head with the shoe. Zoey looks at me indignantly. She picks up the mouse and takes it to the rug.

"Zoey!, take it outside, right now.." Oddly, picks up the mouse and does just that. She drops the mouse on the ground just outside the door and looks at me, as if to say, "ok, now what?"

I shut the door. This is one of those things she is going to have to learn on her own. So go looking for a bottle of cleaner. I didn't see anything on the floor, but I feel better just holding the bottle for a second. I'm shaking my head and wondering why I agreed to keep this kitten, and then I hear a thunk. And Nails scratching on the wall. A cute gray kitten head pops through a cracked window. She is holding that damned mouse in her mouth.

She runs into the kitchen and drops it on the floor under the kitchen table. This isn't funny. I seriously need to take a deep breath. Ok, think like a mommy cat. I go and open the door. I tell her, "get that out!". She drops over her fine catch and her ears twitch back and forth. I pick up a tattered roll of paper towels that she had shredded last night (yes, she got yelled at for that, too!). She picks up her mouse, and bolts for the door.

I went and closed the door and the window. Then stood stll and thought, "what else"? Well, not long after I hear a thunk, and scratchings, and then claws sliding down the side of the outside wall. I shake my head. Geez, she is seriously determined. I peek outside. She still has the mouse.

I guess I'm not airing out the house, today.

#2 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

:ROFL:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users