15 replies to this topic

#1 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:26 PM

There's a flashing sign on North Lexington warning drivers to slow down because it's a "Resedential" neighborhood.

beaker.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:26 PM

Great!!!!! Is it a city sign?

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:21 PM

Yep, big and beautiful. I love the fact that they're reminding people that the speed limit is 25 mph (lots of folks race down N. Lexington Dr.), but I cringe to see the boo boo.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:06 PM

It could be worse.

They could have said it's a "Residentri-fied" area or a "Rezerdential."

Better yet, skip the big words and go for "Slow Down! Folks 'r livin' in these har parts."

I hope people read past the boo-boo and slow down.

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:57 PM

"I hope people read past the boo-boo and slow down."

I would guess most people see the speed limit part and don't even read or notice the rest.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#6 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 08:50 PM

Someone has to get a picture of that. Classic.

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(john @ Jul 17 2005, 09:50 PM)
Someone has to get a picture of that. Classic.

View Post

Why didn't I think of that? I'll do it tomorrow if the sign is still there. I was thinking of posting the correction on it. wink.gif

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#8 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

Okay, had to run out briefly tonight and got a few shots. Here is the offending pic....

I had to reduce the size of the photo in order to post it, but it's too small to see unless you click on it to enlarge it. Sorry!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:55 AM

Let's not be too hard on our city workers. English and grammar is not everyone's forte. We've all commited a faux pas or typo.

If a city water line bursts and floods my home, I don't really care if the city worker who comes to the rescue can spell his or her own name properly as long as the problem is solved.

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:39 AM

I just found it amusing. Spelling and grammar boo boos are everywhere. The ones that really get me are those in the media... from journalists.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#11 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:38 AM

Glad I photographed it last night; it's gone this morning. rofl.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#12 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:01 AM

No doubt a city employee saw this and made sure to get it fixed!

reminds me of an old picture I once saw...

user posted image

#13 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:45 PM

I sent this to the city manager yesterday...
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2005
Subject: Flashing sign on North Lexington
To: "Elaine Andersen" <eandersen@folsom.ca.us>, "Mark Rackovan" <mrackovan@folsom.ca.us>
CC: "Martha Lofgren" <mlofgren@folsom.ca.us>

There's a flashing sign on North Lexington warning
drivers to slow down because it's a "Resedential"
neighborhood.

---

Received the following

--- Martha Clark Lofgren <mlofgren@folsom.ca.us>
wrote:

> Calvin,
> Thanks; at least our intentions are in the right
> place. We will get it fixed.
> Martha
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#14 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:06 PM

There ya go! smile.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#15 Drive25mph.com

Drive25mph.com

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

I hope to see this sign up in other parts of Lexington Hills...spelling problem or not.

Perhaps a cop needs to stand by a sign that says, "If you are speeding, pull over for your ticket."

I still say speed bumps are the answer. A speeding driver doesn't care about what you think, they only think about their undercarriage.

drive25mph.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users