• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

A neighbor of ours apparently had a car broken into and some property stolen. Word is that this isn't the first occurrence in this area recently. I wonder if it's the same perpetrators who were making the rounds in Natoma Station and Blue Ravine and E. Bidwell?

Pari
Pari

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE(Parizienne @ May 7 2008, 11:03 PM) View Post
A neighbor of ours apparently had a car broken into and some property stolen. Word is that this isn't the first occurrence in this area recently. I wonder if it's the same perpetrators who were making the rounds in Natoma Station and Blue Ravine and E. Bidwell?

Pari

where did this happen?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ May 8 2008, 07:33 AM) View Post
where did this happen?

Where is the Folsom Police crime log online? Friend told us there have been several home break-ins or attempted break-ins around the area of Blue Ravine and Riley (I think the streets off Riley are Henry and Cruckshank (sp?)).
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#4 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(Darthvader @ May 8 2008, 08:00 AM) View Post
Where is the Folsom Police crime log online? Friend told us there have been several home break-ins or attempted break-ins around the area of Blue Ravine and Riley (I think the streets off Riley are Henry and Cruckshank (sp?)).

Google is your friend
Search: Folsom Police Log

#5 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:10 AM

Homeowners and carowners beware. It's not Mayberry any more. Dontcha just love lightrail, open borders, and rampant drug use?? Yeah, that's the ticket !!!...Good times.....
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

I heard that a few days ago the police over in orangevale arrested a couple of guys for suspected house breaking and theft. Apparently they have been working the west folsom and orangevale area for a while.

#7 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

Older cars are being "practiced" on in this area again. The thieves are really bad at it though. Our junkier car was hit tonight, and the cops said a few other older cars had been recently as well. They didn't take anything, just tampered with the ignition, and broke the casing around the steering column. They also left the doors open. Dorks.

#8 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Feb 20 2009, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Older cars are being "practiced" on in this area again. The thieves are really bad at it though. Our junkier car was hit tonight, and the cops said a few other older cars had been recently as well. They didn't take anything, just tampered with the ignition, and broke the casing around the steering column. They also left the doors open. Dorks.

Sounds like punks trying to get a car for a joyride, They may have found out how to use a slimjim to unlock the door, but are inexperienced on starting the car and defeating steering wheel locks if the car has one. I hope they catch them.
I would rather be Backpacking

#9 delta heavy

delta heavy

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

Yes it is true, the criminals are up early and looking for anything ! In fact my friends new Benz got his window smashed out and items taken at about 10 am right in front of California Family Fitness two weeks ago on a Saturday morning. The cameras appeared to have seen a dark colored suv or truck casing the area. People please be on the look out, nobody want to be next. I hope Folsom PD will catch these bad guys !!

#10 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

I just went out an checked on the car. There's a broken off key inside the ignition. Is that easy to fix? The car isn't worth more than $500... maybe we'll just donate it. angry.gif

edit: perhaps it's a broken off screwdriver, and not a key. That makes more sense. Man, people are idiots.

#11 RV3000

RV3000

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

A friend of mine who lives near Russell Ranch Elementary had her car broken into in front of her driveway and all the kids' stuff taken. Please lock your doors!
It makes me angry that we work so hard to get stuff for our kids and these punks come and steal it without a thought! Cowards! Parasites of society! angry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users