• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

My husband and I were happily surfing a travel web site after midnight this evening, when suddenly, our house just went dark. We had no power. None. Our neightbors' power was still on. The street lights were still on. We paid our bill.

Very suspicious.

Turns out there were five teenaged boys walking down the street. When we asked them what they were doing out after curfew, they snickered. We asked them if they were shutting off people's power, and they actually admitted it and laughed. Just then, a police car drove up. Someone else had called them because their power had also been mysteriously shut off. The officers detained the boys and questioned them. There were no eyewitnesses to the act, so they couldn't arrest them, but they did nail them on curfew violations. Their parents will be notified. I wonder who among their parents will be surprised to know their son was out that late.

If this happens to you, call the Folsom Police and report it.

Pari.
Pari

#2 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

Oh, wow! This happened to mbsdws too. Sounds like locking your box is a good way to go.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#3 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (Jolene @ Apr 5 2009, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, wow! This happened to mbsdws too. Sounds like locking your box is a good way to go.

Sound advice.
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#4 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (SunshineServices @ Apr 5 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sound advice.

I've had a small padlock on my electrical box for years. I figure it came with a hole for a lock for a reason, and that reason is no one should have access to that panel without my permission. Permission is granted when I unlock the door for them.
I would rather be Backpacking

#5 futile

futile

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Apr 5 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had a small padlock on my electrical box for years. I figure it came with a hole for a lock for a reason, and that reason is no one should have access to that panel without my permission. Permission is granted when I unlock the door for them.

Folsom has a curfew? thats fantastic. I have noticed a rather large amount of bored and annoying teenagers in this town. Glad to know they can't (shouldn't) be on the street after a certain time. What time does it start?
-The 'Toph

#6 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (futile @ Apr 5 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Folsom has a curfew? thats fantastic. I have noticed a rather large amount of bored and annoying teenagers in this town. Glad to know they can't (shouldn't) be on the street after a certain time. What time does it start?

10:30 PM

see Muni Code
VIII. Offenses By or Against Minors

Chapter 9.80
CURFEW

Sections:
9.80.010Restrictions.
9.80.020Parent, guardian responsibility.
9.80.030Enforcement.
9.80.040Penalties.
9.80.050Enforcement procedures--Notice to correct.

9.80.010Restrictions.

No minor under the age of 18 years shall loiter, idle, wander, stroll or play in or upon the public streets, highways, roads, alleys, parks, playgrounds, wharves, docks or other public grounds, public places and public buildings, places of amusement and entertainment, vacant lots, or other unsupervised places, between the hours of ten-thirty p.m. and daylight immediately following. The provisions of this section do not apply when the minor is accompanied by his or her parent or parents, guardian or other adult person having the care and custody of the minor, or when the minor is upon an emergency errand directed by his or her parent or guardian or other adult person having the care and custody of the minor, or when the minor is returning directly home from a meeting, entertainment or recreational activity directed, supervised or sponsored by the local educational authorities, or when the presence of such minor in said place or places is connected with and required by some legitimate business, trade, profession or occupation in which the minor is lawfully engaged. (Prior code § 9950)

#7 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

I'm conflicted. On the one hand they're disturbing the peace I guess, but on the other hand this doesn't seem malicious enough to be funny.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#8 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (Darth Lefty @ Apr 5 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm conflicted. On the one hand they're disturbing the peace I guess, but on the other hand this doesn't seem malicious enough to be funny.

Yeah, be thankful they're just flipping switches, and not cutting wires... I guess...

#9 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

Until they hit one of the numerous in-home care facilities with someone on a respirator. Or even a hard-disk crash, or any of the numerous other problems caused by a loss of power.

Jimi Hendrix

#10 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (SunshineServices @ Apr 5 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Until they hit one of the numerous in-home care facilities with someone on a respirator. Or even a hard-disk crash, or any of the numerous other problems caused by a loss of power.

Like someone in the middle of calling 911 from a cordless phone.

#11 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Shouldn't these teenagers be reading a book, doing their studies, watching SNL (scratch that...nobody watches since it went downhill years ago), playing online games, listening to music or uh SLEEPING?

#12 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, we're padlocking it today.

We're a little concerned about retaliatory action. But, I know the name of at least one of the boys and have more than a guess at two others. "A" was suspended from Sutter a couple of years ago for indecent exposure on the school bus and other various lewd acts. I know exactly where that kid lives. "J" and "B" are known troublemakers also. Not sure about the other two. My husband said at least one looked terrified when the cops showed up. I didn't see their faces. He said the others looked like they'd been there, done that.

Pari.

QUOTE (Jolene @ Apr 5 2009, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pari

#13 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Parizienne @ Apr 5 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, we're padlocking it today.

We're a little concerned about retaliatory action. But, I know the name of at least one of the boys and have more than a guess at two others. "A" was suspended from Sutter a couple of years ago for indecent exposure on the school bus and other various lewd acts. I know exactly where that kid lives. "J" and "B" are known troublemakers also. Not sure about the other two. My husband said at least one looked terrified when the cops showed up. I didn't see their faces. He said the others looked like they'd been there, done that.

Pari.

http://www.hughessec...sults.asp?Cat=4

Fake Security Camera - Indoor/Outdoor With Motion Activated Blinking LED Light And Movement
List Price: $19.99
Sale Price $9.95
You Save $10.04!

Jimi Hendrix

#14 puppylover

puppylover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:35 PM

I had a friend whose son did it to a friend's house several years ago as a HA HA JOKE, but they were out of town. She made him pay to replace everything ruined in their freezer. Not so funny to him then.

#15 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

I say nip it in the bud. If they want to screw around, fine. But don't frickin disturb other people. Asswipes. I friggin hate this kind of behavior. Zero tolerance.

If they come by my house, they will be lying face down in mud until the police and their parents arrive to pick them up. I kid you not, they will only do this once at my house or they will not do anything again. I've had enough and will not tolerate this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users