• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

We are moving into Hannaford Crossing. Anyone have anything to say about this community? It's sort of between Valley Pines and ARC, I think. I am new to Folsom and not as familiar with the subdivisions yet.

#17 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

Parizeinne, you get the old thread resurrection award for the day!

Welcome to myfolsom.

#18 bennjakesmom

bennjakesmom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ Jul 26 2006, 08:56 PM) View Post

Parizeinne, you get the old thread resurrection award for the day!

Welcome to myfolsom.

We have just moved into Hannaford Crossing in May. We absolutely love it! We moved from the Bay Area and it is such a huge change in pace. It is peaceful, quiet and our neighbors are very nice. Private, but nice. Please tell me that you have small children? We do and we are missing other children. Any other questions?

#19 Parizienne

Parizienne

My Folsom Honeybee

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:History, gardening, reading, antiquing, road trips, road food, the Blues, classic rock, travel.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(bennjakesmom @ Jul 27 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post

We have just moved into Hannaford Crossing in May. We absolutely love it! We moved from the Bay Area and it is such a huge change in pace. It is peaceful, quiet and our neighbors are very nice. Private, but nice. Please tell me that you have small children? We do and we are missing other children. Any other questions?

Hello!

I am glad someone is reading. I noticed that posting over here isn't as active.

We will be closing escrow next Thursday and ( hopefully) moving in next weekend (Aug 5/6) weekend. We moved from Southern California - a town called Rancho Cucamonga. We have four kids - 8, 10, 11 and 12. We are a blended family - two boys and two girls. I love the neighborhood, and it's so close to the school! Love the two parks and the atmosphere. Each time I venture over there, it's so quiet. It could be because it's been so hot lately; no one wants to be outside. Yesterday my son and I were driving through and we saw a little grouping of quail and a woodpecker. We felt lucky in SoCali if we saw a hawk or could hear an owl in the evening. I hear there are wild turkeys that roam in the fall in Folsom also. That will be quite a sight!

Are you a stay-at-home mom?

#20 bennjakesmom

bennjakesmom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(Parizienne @ Jul 28 2006, 07:58 AM) View Post

Hello!

I am glad someone is reading. I noticed that posting over here isn't as active.

We will be closing escrow next Thursday and ( hopefully) moving in next weekend (Aug 5/6) weekend. We moved from Southern California - a town called Rancho Cucamonga. We have four kids - 8, 10, 11 and 12. We are a blended family - two boys and two girls. I love the neighborhood, and it's so close to the school! Love the two parks and the atmosphere. Each time I venture over there, it's so quiet. It could be because it's been so hot lately; no one wants to be outside. Yesterday my son and I were driving through and we saw a little grouping of quail and a woodpecker. We felt lucky in SoCali if we saw a hawk or could hear an owl in the evening. I hear there are wild turkeys that roam in the fall in Folsom also. That will be quite a sight!

Are you a stay-at-home mom?

I am a stay at home mom. I do think that the neighborhood is quiet because of the heat - although, I haven't really noticed other kids out at the parks. Apparently, the school is a really good school, and those people that have kids of school going age, seem to absolutely love it. I am really relieved that it is a good school. We moved from an area that did not have a good school.

We had the quail in our backyard last weekend. Not good with a 2 & 4 year old - they wanted to "just pet them". I do love it though. While we were unpacking, I found a wolf spider in our kids toys - I did not love nature that much that day smile.gif

So your kids are older than mine - great! Babysitters in a couple of years? Your kids are just the right age for this neighborhood! It seems that most of the kids are that age - mine are a little too young. I am hoping to get them friends through school. Our old neighborhood had mostly young kids and we loved that about it.

Good luck with the move. We should talk once you move in.

#21 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Mike Hilscher @ Oct 17 2004, 01:05 PM) View Post

Myself knowing that Hilscher11/Chanash live... in the same house as me. Who else here on the forums lives in this area of town.

i too live on this side of the river. I am on the east side of oak ave parkway, near the american river bike trail. i love it over here. secluded and private, yet just minutes from old town.

it was one of the only places in folsom we could get almost an acre of land. we have chickens and 2 goats. the houses are older but we love fixing it up our way. sun.gif

QUOTE(lisasellshouses @ Jul 29 2006, 10:28 AM) View Post

i too live on this side of the river. I am on the east side of oak ave parkway, near the american river bike trail. i love it over here. secluded and private, yet just minutes from old town.

it was one of the only places in folsom we could get almost an acre of land. we have chickens and 2 goats. the houses are older but we love fixing it up our way. sun.gif

why goats you ask, they eat the black berry bushes from the state park they try to take over my back yard. and right now i am getting about 8 fresh eggs a day.

sun.gif
Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#22 GaryD

GaryD

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:54 AM

why goats you ask, they eat the black berry bushes from the state park they try to take over my back yard. and right now i am getting about 8 fresh eggs a day.

sun.gif
[/quote]

I've never had goat eggs before - how do you cook them - scrambled?

#23 nestledog

nestledog

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:anything outdoors

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

I live in this end of town with my wife, 2 kids and my loud guitar.gif car

Attached Files

#24 mylo

mylo