#16 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:59 PM

My Humble Opinion:

Republicans worship the god-almighty dollar over everything else.

You can see that in some of the posts right here!

Their main worry is "who's coming after my money?" 

Democrats worship the quality and freedom of the human spirit.

We are happy to live in a state which has good schools, safe neighborhoods, job opportunities,

and cultural diversity. We don't mind paying reasonable taxes to secure those goals.

Even the most tight-fisted, fiscally conservative neo-con doesn't ask whether his child DESERVES

a college education. He knows the child (and the neighborhood) will benefit from a college degree,
"deserved" or not.
He pays the bills because there is a genuine love of family.

The tight-wad would even pay for the hospital costs of a beloved family member.

The only difference for Democrats is who they consider "family."   (Clue!)
It's the Christian thing to do.

Get off your sanctimonious horse and tell me how Christian abortions, gay marriage and transgenders are. Since the Democrat party runs on the above topics, it's not correct they are a Christian party, as you suggest.

And, isn't it funny how the neediest people are the ones who don't get around to getting an education, saving money for a rainy day or even getting a job? Poor things, they can't keep from making mistake after mistake and then crying how poor they are. Naturally, since most needy people don't pay taxes, why should they care that some of us pay through the nose? And of course, they have spent all their money on alcohol, tattoos and drugs so must get some food stamps to make ends meet. Poor things.

The working class can not and should not be asked, to save the entire world.

Save your lame speech for the suckers that will buy it. And that would be other Democrats.

What separates a Democrat from a Republican is the fact that we Republicans see through the crap about giving and caring, as the Democrats tout being, and see them as abusing the taxes they are given. It's just a con and it's been going on for generations.

Why is it California has millions to remodel the governor's mansion yet no money to fix the roads? How come California is more focused on a sports stadium and a high speed train when there are about a million homeless with mental problems? They put that cost on the ballet for us to pay, while they take other funds to pay for "Pet Projects".  They waste millions of dollars, put us into debt then have the gall to say they need more money.

The Dummy-rats are fools for believing their lies, year after year.

(Now, here's where you tell me I have much too much anger....or some stupid comment like that. Because of course, you have nothing of substance to reply with.)

#17 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:41 AM

Well, let's take things one step at a time . . .

I said:

"Republicans worship the god-almighty dollar over everything else."

You said:

- Yesterday

idiots who voted higher gas tax for themselves

Californians pay far more and wait far longer for everything the government repairs

the dummy-rat agenda is....tax more, spend more

- Today

most needy people don't pay taxes

Republicans see through the crap about giving and caring

They put that cost on the ballet for us to pay

Seems to me these statements reflect a "worship of money above all other things."

Nothing about Christian values, human compassion, gratitude for the blessings of living in California.
Tell me, would you rather have a caravan of poor people marching through Mexico, or

BE IN a caravan of poor people marching through Mexico?

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#18 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:51 AM

GO AHEAD DEMS... I DARE YOU.. :lol:

3b4gtksnnow11.jpg

#19 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

... because what will heal the division in our country is.... subpoenas...?

If anyone can help me with what the Democrat Party stands for, please feel free to post it here. Why should I vote for your candidates?

#20 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:59 AM

Here is where you are incorrect Vin.   Republicans (conservatives) GIVE far more to charities than do Dems (liberals). This has been shown many times in studies. The difference between cons and dems is that cons give THEIR OWN money, while dems give with OTHERS money (taxes).

It is not "the government's money." It is the person's money who EARNED it.

Pretty simple and clear cut. To lump ALL republicans as one thing or the other is silly. There are good republicans just as there are bad ones. Same with Dems. The trouble is that the premise you base your claim on has no basis in FACT.

31% of Republicans give over 1000 dollars a year to charity. Only 17% of Democrats do....You want "social justice?" Use your own damn wallet. I contribute to what I believe in (and government is not on that list).

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#21 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:46 AM

"THE DAY CALIFORNIA DIED":  Excellent short, clear-cut article below about the idiocy of Democrats and their policies. I'm constantly amazed about how the liberal "brain" functions. Sad.

https://amgreatness....alifornia-died/

#22 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Well, let's take things one step at a time . . .

I said:

"Republicans worship the god-almighty dollar over everything else."

You said:

- Yesterday

idiots who voted higher gas tax for themselves

Californians pay far more and wait far longer for everything the government repairs

the dummy-rat agenda is....tax more, spend more

- Today

most needy people don't pay taxes

Republicans see through the crap about giving and caring

They put that cost on the ballet for us to pay

Seems to me these statements reflect a "worship of money above all other things."

Nothing about Christian values, human compassion, gratitude for the blessings of living in California.
Tell me, would you rather have a caravan of poor people marching through Mexico, or

BE IN a caravan of poor people marching through Mexico?

So typical of you, Uncle Vino. You steer your reply towards what you don't want to talk about.

I do not need to defend myself. Our public servants must account for the tax dollars they collect, period. Only a fool would suggest otherwise. That is not a worship of money.

However, you DO need to defend yourself when you claim to be a Christian and try to brow beat the rest of us with your 'Holier Than Thou' comments, touting the opinion that Republicans only worship money when you are nothing but a hypocrite.

You have not explained how you can be a Christian and a Democrat, when Christians DO NOT believe in abortions or homosexuality.

Democrats however, DO believe in abortions and the right to practice homosexuality.

You sir, are on the wrong side of Christianity, the very thing you claim yourself to be. Repent and ask for forgiveness. Then join the side that is on the side of God, Republicans.

#23 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:32 PM

You have not explained how you can be a Christian and a Democrat, when Christians DO NOT believe in abortions or homosexuality.

I don't HAVE TO explain myself to anyone.
Out of the need for education, however, I would say that Jesus was anything but a conservative.

He didn't want to keep things exactly as they are, or were!

He stood for radical change.

He overturned the money-changers tables in the temple

MY books tells a story about the Good Samaritan; helping a much despised ethnic group,

providing for his health care, NOT asking whether he deserved it or not, not caring what country he

came from, but recognizing even the lowest among us as children of God.

He said "Love your enemies." Clue: that is the opposite of peppering them with insults.

He said "Store up treasure in Heaven" as opposed to gold under your mattress where

moths can eat your money and rust stain your silver.

The 'Treasure in Heaven' part is the good works you do for your neighbors.

I don't think that includes buying AK-47 and shooting up innocent people,

as the Republican seem to defend so vehemently.

As for abortion, I am totally opposed. I know for a FACT I would never get an abortion.  ;)
Thanks for giving me the right to decide!

As for homosexuality: The warnings cited by the alt-right came from the Old Testament:
i.e., the old, primitive, unenlightened "eye-for-an-eye" law before Jesus
made a new Covenant,

commanding that you Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

No condemnation there! No focus on the PUNISHMENT anyone deserves,

but rather on forgiveness.

Funny, farmer who raise sheep, cows, and other livestock report about 9% of the animals

engage in same sex behavior - exactly the same as in humans. Seems God put that tendency

in the hearts of people, and I would never take it upon myself to condemn what God created.

P.S. I didn't steer the conversation to my needs - rather your original rants were all

about money, and I was noting how that is in lock-step with typical Republican

behavior, to the detriment of human moral values.

#24 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:12 PM

"THE DAY CALIFORNIA DIED":  Excellent short, clear-cut article below about the idiocy of Democrats and their policies. I'm constantly amazed about how the liberal "brain" functions. Sad.

https://amgreatness....alifornia-died/

Aces, thanks for posting this. I read the article and also some of the comments. I liked this comment:

"California died the in July 1999, when Democrat Gov Gray Davis refused to continue the appeal of the injunction against Prop 187, passed 59 to 41% in 1994, which would have banned free stuff for illegals. Once word got out illegal aliens could live for free in California, the illegals came by the millions.

Less than 20 years latter, the state is in shambles."

#25 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Uncle Vino.....you are even more depraved than I thought. Animals having sex with each other can not be compared with humans. Humans are not dumb animals. You making that comment shows how confused you are.

I don't think anyone on this board should take you seriously, as you are clearly in serious need of mental health care. I urge you to seek counseling at the earliest possible date.

#26 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:56 PM

Ha, ha! Got a good laugh out of that one!

Like I said . . ."Love ya, too, Rose!"

Actually I have a degree in nursing and another degree in psychology, so I don't think I'm as depraved as you might expect.

I've written 10 books, dozens of magazine articles and essays, had a successful career and stable relationships. No worries there.

In human sexuality, genetic men can have male organs, male hormones, and prefer either male or female partners.

They can have genetic male organs, female hormones, and prefer either male or female partners.

They can have male genes, mixed organs and mixed preferences for the opposite sex,

Females, likewise can have any number of mixed genes, genitals, and psychological preferences.

Understanding this one sees that the bumper-sticker mentality of (marriage = 1 male + 1 female)

is far oversimplified, unrealistic, and frankly uninformed.

ANYONE who has had the good fortune to personally know the trials that a gay or lesbian person

has struggled with would likewise be shocked at the cave-man mentality to call a gay person

an "abomination to God." It's just silly and sad to anyone who knows the subject.

#27 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

God does not support a political party. Period.  You can find whatever you want to support diametrically opposing views in the Bible.  Nearly ALL the "conservatives/republicans" I know don't give a crap about someones race, gender or sexual orientation.  What they DO care about is character. 

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#28 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

God does not support a political party. Period.  You can find whatever you want to support diametrically opposing views in the Bible.  r. 

Happy to agree with that!

#29 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

It seems too often those who declare themselves to be Christians feel they have the right to brow beat people when they don't agree with their views on immigration. They call those who differ "tight fisted", "money worshipers" and "heartless".

They suggest that the Republican Party is evil and are Nazis. It's no secret that we've seen a lot of violence from these types and a recent incident is the protestors going to the home of Tucker Carlson and threatening him and his family. Decency is clearly not one of their virtues. Yet, we are given a sermon by Uncle Vinny about how wonderful the Democrats are for their caring and giving nature. And how the Republicans only worship money.

I see with my own eyes how the Democrats are by their own behavior, and so do millions of others. I won't give them a pass just because they call me names and say they are Christians. These types of Christians I will never call friends or invite to my home.

Nor will I try to speak to them when they talk in circles and contradict them selves in every other sentence. They are seriously deranged.

#30 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

The caring and nurturing roles are more often played by Democrats

But of course, not all Democrats can be said to be nurturing and caring.

The nazi and authoritarian roles are more often played by Republicans.

They chant against Jews and murder them.

These too are just roles.

Not all Republicans support nazis or murderers.

All of these, though are just "roles" in a big play.

Truth is, we are all actors on a stage.

We are all children of God.

That includes Trump and Pelosi, Paul Manafort and Michelle Obama.

All holy souls playing different roles.
Once you see there is no lasting reality to these roles,

we can all meet back stage and have a good laugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users