9 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

Whats going on with the schools this year. Two weeks to graduation and the school have not put any info out yet about tickets, or # of guests per student. Families need to plan flights and such. 

Why is this taking so long to get some info to the parents? 

Its bad enough facing the fact your baby is graduating... but then they dont even tell you what to expect.... GAHHHHHH

:juggle:

#2 s0479

s0479

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

I agree frustrating. I called and they said 7 tickets per student, 5 home side, 2 visitor side. This is for FHS.

#3 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

This was posted a couple of days ago:

http://www.fcusd.org...Information.pdf

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#4 1wlkr

1wlkr

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

If you have a senior at Vista it was in the Thursday update you receive every week.  We get 10 tickets and they will be handed out in advisory tomorrow.

#5 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

on a sidenote, both schools are having their sober grad night at Lakeside Church at The Block.  FHS is Thursday 5/29 from 9pm to 5am Friday morning and Vista is Friday night 5/30 9pm to 5am Saturday. Clean up is 5am til 8am and need help. Can't speak for Vista but Folsom High School still needs lots of volunteers. Especially the late shift.  Please sign up www.folsomsgn.com  if you can help.

Thank you

#6 keyplayer

keyplayer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:music, ballet, scuba diving in tropical locations, bicycling, crusing on the bike (BMW1200LT)

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

This must be a smaller class, we didn't get that many tickets when my daughter graduated.

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

If you have a senior at Vista it was in the Thursday update you receive every week.  We get 10 tickets and they will be handed out in advisory tomorrow.

you get an update every thursday?

#8 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

you get an update every thursday?

Yes. Vista sends out an email blast every Thursday. Sorry I don't remember how I signed up to receive them as we've had kids at Vista for the past several years. 

#9 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi supermom,

I don't know much about Vista (I thnk I may have driven past it once when I got lost???), but just did a quick search of their website and saw they put out daily bulletins here:

http://www.fcusd.org/Page/6136

Last Thusday's (May 15) says this:

"Seniors: Ten graduation tickets will be distributed to you in next advisory. Make sure that you have turned in your Graduation Expectation Verification Form (extras are on the Senior Wall in the Student Union) and cleared outstanding books/fines, because you cannot receive your tickets until you do. Additionally, students desiring more than the allotted tickets will need to network with other students to secure extra tickets. Unfortunately, if weather forces us to move the ceremony indoors, ticket allocation must be reduced to 4 tickets per student."

Hope this helps.

#10 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Thanks! My munchkin got embarrassed when I started asking her friends moms and dads and she finally fessed up to knowing the info--- last night.  :headbang:

So we figured out how many we need and have already promised the extras to another student who has a larger family.  :eehee:  Those went quick.

On another note, we went to the choir's last formal performance tonight. The final song by the Seniors for Mrs. Spencer made several parents openly bawl.(well, Mrs. Spencer, too.) Not me though. I had leaky eyes from allergies or dry air or something.... :superman:

So, tomorrow is the lolapalooza or something errr ever.. Basically a thing for music boosters and out on the green. If you dig orchestras- some choir, and other musical stuff:I strongly suggest coming out. You will love it. The energy these kids put into their music is just awesome. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users