6 replies to this topic

#1 webuser

webuser

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

It looks pretty good. The only place I've seen comparable is living within walking distance of Intel and the Safeway shopping center. This is even better because you have a lot more than just one major employer to choose from.

If I had a career position in that office park that I could expect to last at least 10 years and there was a supermarket there instead of only Lowes anchoring the shopping center and Beazer wasn't the only home builder there, it would be really tempting to buy a home there.

There is also Stone Pointe being built in Roseville, but there aren't that many homes close by, and no supermarket. They were supposed to be building some homes and condos right in the middle of Stone Pointe, but so far I don't see any sign of them.

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

Chilis, Rubios, and what else? Blech sad.gif I work 2 blocks away and Rancho *needs* better food!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 webuser

webuser

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 27 2008, 04:16 PM) View Post
Chilis, Rubios, and what else? Blech sad.gif I work 2 blocks away and Rancho *needs* better food!

The shopping center is still mostly empty and under constuction. There is a lot of potential for alot more than just Chilis and Rubios. Rubios has been packed at lunch. There are thousands of office workers as well as residents that will keep those businesses busy when they open.

I don't know why they waited this long to start this.

#4 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE(webuser @ Jun 27 2008, 04:23 PM) View Post
The shopping center is still mostly empty and under constuction. There is a lot of potential for alot more than just Chilis and Rubios. Rubios has been packed at lunch. There are thousands of office workers as well as residents that will keep those businesses busy when they open.

I don't know why they waited this long to start this.

I am a large advocate of the Capital Village Community. Here is why:

1) Good Eats:
> Rubios
> Chilis
> Panera Bread (confirmed)
> Panda Express (confirmed)
> WingStop (confirmed)
> Starbucks (for Coffee Lovers, those needing a quick bite)

2) Good Anchors
> BevMo
> Lowe's
> Trader Joes (in negotiations, don't think it will happen since they have other locations nearby in Folsom and by Sunrise, but you never know)

3) Good Homes/Community
Beazer has re-designed many of their homes (yes it IS still a Beazer, for those who aren't Beazer fans and have seen some of Beazer's history), however from the finished residence's I have seen the quality level is above what I have typically seen from Beazer. Furthermore, they just re-designed the Bungalows with much more user friendly layouts and start at $250K for a 1350 sq foot 3BR/2BTH single story with 2 car garage, and small backyard/patio. The "Brownstones" which are the entry level DC style homes just had their grand opening (models in Natomas) and start out at $225,000 with upgrades coming standard for a 2BR/2.5BTH w/2 Car Garage and side yard / patio that is a roughly 150 sq feet or a little under. Again for people that don't mind a small yard (such as myself) who spend most of their time either at work, or with family, or would like to live in a truly 'planned community', this is a good option. For someone who walks / bikes everywhere like me, this community is awesome. Bike lanes throughout the community, nice parks with Barbeque areas, children's play equipment, a basketball court, even a small water park (fountains/a water cannon) makes this community enjoyable. Recently they have been doing one event a month at the park, and for fourth of July will be doing the movie Independence Day up on a huge screen in the ampitheatre at dusk. Last but not least we have the innovative condos starting at $199,000 all the way up to $250,000 for a beautiful 3-4BR/2.5 - 3.5BTH with 2 car garage that has a beautiful sundeck on the top floor in addition to a patio on the first floor and ample space in between. Again, if you are looking for a large yard this community is not for you, however, for those who want to be in the middle of it all (sans grocery store for now), don't mind waiting another couple months til more of the shops are open (have also heard negotiations are on-going with Gamestop, a nail salon, Great Clips, Massage Envy, Sprint PCS), and definitely for those work in the area there are a lot of pros.

And fyi, no I don't work for Beazer. Just am/always have been passionate about these kind of communities that are 'master planned' and 'pedestrian friendly' (unlike Natomas which was supposed to be and never hit its mark).

#5 webuser

webuser

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

They really needed a grocery store to make it complete though. I heard that a supermarket was originally planned, but Lowes ended up taking the space instead. It would be totally walkable for most residents who also worked in that office park's needs if there was also a grocery store in that shopping center.

Panera Bread isn't much of a place to eat very often.

#6 Susan

Susan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

I think the area is really awesome! When it is completed it is going to be a really nice place to shop/ eat. The homes surrounding are also nice including the Elliott home that are just up the strret. I think Rancho is really working hard to make a nice community for the people who live there.

#7 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Susan @ Jun 28 2008, 01:56 PM) View Post
I think the area is really awesome! When it is completed it is going to be a really nice place to shop/ eat. The homes surrounding are also nice including the Elliott home that are just up the strret. I think Rancho is really working hard to make a nice community for the people who live there.

Agreed. Also the lot right smack at the intersection of the entrance to the elliott community is slated to have a supermarket going in. That would still be a little more than a walk for most people but it will be within 3 minutes of Capital Village and far closer than Safeway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users