- - - - -

Hbo Westworld

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

Is anyone else getting in to this one? Oh wow. It is a mind bending, intriguing and extremely well filmed show. Some may remember Westworld as a movie in the 1970's. Yul Brynner played the gun slinging robot gone haywire in that amusement park set up as a western town circa Gold Rush days.

There rich people can be anything they want. Hero, bank robber, indian fighter or even a rapist and a murderer. This is the same thing now on HBO but with today's filming and developed story lines this series far surpasses the original film. This series takes itself seriously, at times questioning creation and meaning of life etc etc. It's all led with Sir Anthony Hopkins as THE head honcho behind the scenes at Westworld. The genius, creator along with his highly skilled underlings. The role is perfect for him.

Perched high on a mountaintop plateau are the labs and living quarters of the controllers watching the western town and countryside surrounding it below. So we get to see an old west set along with new guests coming in each week along with an ultra modern scientific set along with the different story lines behind both worlds. I highly recommend this show now 4 shows deep so far. 5 will be Sunday. It's also available On Demand HBO if you have that.

Ed Harris plays a guest who has been coming to the "park" for 30 years and is out of control evil, attempting to find out the 'real meaning' of the park. Being their best customer they give Harris a lot of leeway with the Hosts and he takes it such as allowing him to scalp some and gun down many. Harris, like Hopkins, both excellent actors.

The real problem is the "Hosts" (robots) who are so highly advanced and programmed that they seem to be experiencing "memories" and reacting differently now. They are allowed some improvisation anyway but they have to constantly be checked and fine tuned. Questioned and analyzed.

Many of the Host's memories will obviously not be nice ones. They are forever being shot up and what not and repaired overnight. Thandie Newton plays a very sexy prostitute too along with James Marsden, Rachel Wood and some other fine actors. Try to watch from the beginning if you do check it out. I cant wait for Sunday. :SCHWEEEET:

#2 (Folsom Trails)

(Folsom Trails)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

I had forgotten i'd done this post. Not sure there are any fans here but now that the season is over, one word, WOW :2thumbsup: ..Will there even be a second season? Hope so. The possibilities of what may have really happened in the finale are endless. The show is very deep and definitely a trip. I wont ruin it in case there are any fans but wow. Just wow :bowing: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users