10 replies to this topic

#1 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

I know it's officially an El Dorado Hills joint, but Burger Hut closed yesterday. There is a sign on the door blaming the landlord who wanted to rent his space and the one next to it to another business so they're out.

The sign says they hope to open soon if/when they find another location.

That's a drag. I loved that place and love small local businesses. I hope they find a place in Folsom. There certainly is a need for quality burgers and we have the vacancies on every corner. They have a fantastic combo meal that is fresh, comes with burger and salad or fries and a drink for 6.95.

First Alejandros and now Burger Hut. I hope they reopen soon......

http://www.30DayCoupons.com
Local businesses offering monthly discounts!

#2 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

Bummer. Good family owned business that served the Green Valley Rd area side of town.

Apparently no mutual gratitude from the landlord for early tenants. Sure that will go far for all the vacant stores they have there or across the street.

#3 Tas Cammara

Tas Cammara

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

90% of the people I spoke to that went there -went only once because of the small burgers and high prices. Leaving hungry is not good for business.
It is unfortunate to see the business go down-hopefully they can relocate.

#4 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

I thought the portions were fine, especially for the price. When I got the fries, there were too many to finish and after they added the salad bar, you can pile it up as high as you want. That plus a decent sized burger and drink for 6.95??? To me a much better value than the same at Fuddruckers for 12.00.

On Sunday, I ended up at the Purple Place because I had a taste for a burger and salad. It was ok and cost 14.50.

#5 JMB83

JMB83

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

Bummer... but there are lots of burger options in EDH, starting with PP and now the Saloon. I really hope a good burrito joint comes in... and not necessarily Chipotle.

#6 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

Wow, the sign guys were there today taking down the signs. Doesn't take long. Don't let the door hit cha.........

#7 ScionBox

ScionBox

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (JMB83 @ Jul 19 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bummer... but there are lots of burger options in EDH, starting with PP and now the Saloon. I really hope a good burrito joint comes in... and not necessarily Chipotle.

Anybody know who's moving in there? Seems like a good space for a Chipotle, but I'd rather see something else go in.

How about Squeeze Inn EDH?

#8 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (ScionBox @ Jul 22 2010, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody know who's moving in there? Seems like a good space for a Chipotle, but I'd rather see something else go in.

Dunno yet but as noted, they are moving quickly to get BH out. Would be nice to have an independent family restaurant vs. pizza, burgers, Chinese. There used to be a Mexican restaurant across the street but no idea if still there - in fact the Enbarcadaro center must be a tough place to have a restaurant aside from El Dorado Saloon which per Yelp and here is blowing a great location with bad prices and service.

#9 edhaints

edhaints

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (ScionBox @ Jul 22 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A Chase bank branch is going in where BH was.

#10 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (edhaints @ Jul 23 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A Chase bank branch is going in where BH was.

That is stupid. It is setup for food service and has the patio to boot. Putting Chase across the center where Mtn Mikes, Pak Mail makes more sense unless they want to Green Valley frontage for signage. Still dumb.

#11 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

I would think a bank would be more stable than a restaurant so as a landlord, I'd probably take the sure thing myself.

As for Burger Hut, I'll keep my eyes open for their return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users