9 replies to this topic

#1 awood

awood

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

I can't believe no one here is talking about this?

http://fox40.com/201...s-water-bottle/

#2 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:03 PM

Back in the day, kids were mean, but it was always verbal. Now it's just vicious stuff, even criminal. I can't say that I'm surprised.

Kids tend to turn out like their parents. I hope they find the jerk who did this and expel the punk from FHS. Oh, wait, that would be *mean*, wouldn't it?  :noway: 

#3 Sanstar

Sanstar

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Working

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Kids that are ignorant are usually a product of their parents. What goes around, comes around.

#4 awood

awood

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

Back in the day, kids were mean, but it was always verbal. Now it's just vicious stuff, even criminal. I can't say that I'm surprised.

Kids tend to turn out like their parents. I hope they find the jerk who did this and expel the punk from FHS. Oh, wait, that would be *mean*, wouldn't it?  :noway: 

My 1st thoughts were similar to yours.  Kids are horribly mean, but how spineless do you have to be to pick on a disabled kid?  That's the kind of stuff that would get you an a$$ whoopin' from the REAL bullies when I was a kid! 

Kids talk and I am sure that the vast majority of students know exactly who the perpetrator is and hopefully someone will drop a dime on this gutless wonder.  Suffice to say, if I was <18 again I would get my hands on this punk and he'd be drinking through a straw for awhile at least!

#5 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

They caught the perpetrator and are taking action.

BTW, the portrayal of the victim as "special needs" or "disabled" is a bit misleading, and I hate to see a kid labeled in the eyes of the world with a label that is easily misconstrued.

Regardless, this was a disgusting and mean act that should not happen to *any* kid.

#6 awood

awood

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

They caught the perpetrator and are taking action.

BTW, the portrayal of the victim as "special needs" or "disabled" is a bit misleading, and I hate to see a kid labeled in the eyes of the world with a label that is easily misconstrued.

Regardless, this was a disgusting and mean act that should not happen to *any* kid.

When television, newspaper, social media and the kids mother refer to him as "special needs", I would tend to believe that he is.

#7 Bluebird1

Bluebird1

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

When television, newspaper, social media and the kids mother refer to him as "special needs", I would tend to believe that he is.

Hmm, while I was initially horrified by the incident, after talking to some teens, I'm not so sure.

From kids who know him at FHS: He may have an IEP but seems more popular and much more normal than some of the stories have made it sound. One kid speculated that there were pranks going on between his group of friends and another group.

Keep in mind, this is a family that has sued the school district before.

Not sure what to think.

Edited by Bluebird1, 02 October 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#8 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

So because his family has sued the school district and won, it is now okay for someone to urinate in the kid's water bottle?  What planet do you come from?  If you ask me, someone needs to the pull the offending party aside and whip his butt a few times.  Bluebird1, you may just be what's the problem with society nowadays.  I'm sure you'd have the same position if it were your kid that came home with a water bottle full of urine. 

#9 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

Oh be quiet. I'm sure Bluebird was just suggesting that *boys will be boys*.

Yes it's a gross thing, but our youth these days are pretty crass compared to my era.

#10 Bluebird1

Bluebird1

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:27 PM

It's a disgusting prank, and schools should try to prevent this type of thing and punish it when it happens, just as prep schools have for generations.

But is it the victimization of a helpless, innocent special needs kid???? I wish someone would take a closer look at the facts. And now Folsom High's reputation has been trashed all over social media as the school where rich entitled kids bully special needs kids.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Folsom High School bullying, Folsom High

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users