• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 itsjustme

itsjustme

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

Anyone else in Lexington Hills have stinky water a lot lately? Trying to figure out if it is a house issue or if they just filled the water tanks or something which may explain my stinky water.

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

I haven't noticed a problem.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

I have noticed a difference in ARC...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#4 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

I live in Prairie Oaks and noticed it two days ago. Right when u turn on the water there's a smell.....Also, it has so much chlorine in it!
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#5 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

This has been a complaint since we moved to our new house. Heavy chlorine taste and smell. It's horrible. I thought it was just something with the house or this area because it wasn't this bad on the other side of town.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#6 itsjustme

itsjustme

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

We moved from the other side of Folsom and didn't have this there, that's why I thought it may be a house issue. Although ours seems to have a sulfer, rotten egg smell not just chlorine so maybe I otta get it checked out anyhow.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

You should probably call the city's Water Quality Division 355-8338. You can also email at waterquality@folsom.ca.us.

We had bad smelling water last year and they came out, tested, and flushed something or other out and it was better.

#8 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

I live in Prairie Oaks and noticed it two days ago. Right when u turn on the water there's a smell.....Also, it has so much chlorine in it!

I live in Prairie Oaks and haven't noticed a smell. Although, IMO, I've always thought the water in Sacramento/Folsom tasted strongly of chlorine. So I use a water filtration system for my drinking water.... even a simple/cheap Brita filter will take out the chlorine taste.

This has been a complaint since we moved to our new house. Heavy chlorine taste and smell. It's horrible. I thought it was just something with the house or this area because it wasn't this bad on the other side of town.

We moved from the other side of Folsom and didn't have this there

What side of town has the better tasting / smelling water?

#9 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

We haven't noticed a smell, but we did have brown water for a few minutes the other day, so I guess they flushed somewhere nearby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users