82 replies to this topic

#31 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

How about In-n-Out? Ever see a kid in there with tat's or males wearing earrings? Seems they do a similar type of hiring.

Can't say I remember seeing any of that at In-n-Out, but I will say, if they were wearing a push-up bra or a thong I wouldn't know that either because it would be covered by the uniform:)

#32 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

isn't there a bar up in EDH along Green Valley Road and Francisco that also promotes the sexy cowgirl thing? No one said anything about that when it started up, as I recall. In fact, I think there is another bar like that in Folsom too. I don't like it, but its not fair to single this new restaurant out because of it.

I don't know of the places you mentioned. But I think it is appropriate on a thread about Toby Keith's to mention negatives as well as positives.

#33 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

isn't there a bar up in EDH along Green Valley Road and Francisco that also promotes the sexy cowgirl thing? No one said anything about that when it started up, as I recall. In fact, I think there is another bar like that in Folsom too. I don't like it, but its not fair to single this new restaurant out because of it.

This thread is about Toby Keith's, not the other restaurants. And promoting an image is one thing; requesting applicants to open Facebook pages that their prospective employer will evaluate is another and is out of line.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#34 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

This thread is about Toby Keith's, not the other restaurants. And promoting an image is one thing; requesting applicants to open Facebook pages that their prospective employer will evaluate is another and is out of line.

that's a good point. it just seemed like the thread was getting a little derailed about sexist outfits for workers.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#35 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

that's a good point. it just seemed like the thread was getting a little derailed about sexist outfits for workers.

OK back on topic. I don't recall seeing these Whiskey Girls at the Toby Keith's in Vegas. And the service was great but the place hadn't just opened and wasn't over-run with 100's of desperate Folsom-ites.

#36 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

I won't spend a single dime at this restaurant, just like I haven't spent a single dime at Hooters - ever. Not the image and social mores I want to support. The whole Whiskey Girls thing is truly disgusting.

Sexism is alive and well. Treating women as if they are just sex objects is alive and well. Promoting trashiness is alive and well. Gag.

+1000
And I agree on the whole post about opening a restaurant too. There's a right way and a wrong way. You don't do it halfway.

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#37 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Is it really a restaurant? I thought it was Toby Keith's I Love this Bar & Grill. They serve food, but it seems the focus of this place is more on the bar and music and meant to be more of a honky-tonk type of place.

#38 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hiring based on looks only instead of brains will back fire just like it did at the sports garage.

I can't stand bad service, that's exactly why I don't go to the sports garage. Based on everything I'm reading here I won't be going to Toby Keith's bar either.

I don't care how good they look, if they can't give good service I won't be warsting any money there

Thanks for the warnings!

I don't know of the places you mentioned. But I think it is appropriate on a thread about Toby Keith's to mention negatives as well as positives.

It's the el dorado saloon

#39 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hiring based on looks only instead of brains will back fire just like it did at the sports garage.

So, are you asserting that all the pretty girls are stupid?

Whats wrong with just saying that a few wrinkles on opening day need to be ironed out- beginning with (performance, smiles, bending over when asking for a tip,....:) )

#40 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

So, are you asserting that all the pretty girls are stupid?

Whats wrong with just saying that a few wrinkles on opening day need to be ironed out- beginning with (performance, smiles, bending over when asking for a tip,....:) )

Not all, but many of the young ones are, it's mostly based in lack of experience.

I'd rather have an older, more mature and smarter - experienced waitress who will enhance my dining experience.

I don't care how good a young one looks, if she is incapable of giving great service then I won't bother wasting my money there... What's the point of putting up with crappy service?

IMO service is = to 50% of the dining experience, if the service is poor it derails a night out and tends to really piss me off.

#41 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

lets split dining and drinking beer...for dining an experienced server is a must, but in the old soldiers experience beer tastes better when served by a pretty whiskey girl

#42 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Are the only servers young girls in the "whiskey girls" outfit/costume or are there hunky young cowboys in tight levis and big belt buckles, too? Why do all the restaurants forget about us cougar moms? Just kidding...well, sorta' kidding..

#43 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Are the only servers young girls in the "whiskey girls" outfit/costume or are there hunky young cowboys in tight levis and big belt buckles, too? Why do all the restaurants forget about us cougar moms? Just kidding...well, sorta' kidding..

You make an excellent point...

#44 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

You make an excellent point...

#45 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

After coaching girls basketball for over 10 years here in Folsom, I still have 'relationships' with quite a few girls my daughter's age, at least on Facebook. Well I guess they would now be young women, where has the time gone!

I was wondering why a bunch of the 'GIRLS' had FB pages of firstname "TK" lastname. NOW I understand what the TK stands for.
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users