Where To Find Awesome Christmas Lights?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:42 AM

We checked out Osborne Court over the weekend, very cool! 3 houses all in sync, very well done!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#32 lisasellshouses

lisasellshouses

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Terry @ Dec 4 2006, 10:23 PM) View Post

Yes, it's open and available for viewing every night. A change from years past though - it's a walk-through tour this year, no cars, so you have to park nearby (there's a church where you can park near) and walk through the court.

they only shut down the street the first night for the family and their guests.

as of dec 3 you can drive thru but expect very long waits to drive. it is best seen walking. Rain or shine. xmas.gif

the gentlemen that started it on dovewood ct passed away this year. Mr. Dick Martin. He will be sorely missed by all.

Lisa Gerber
VP of Cheer
Folsom Jr Bulldogs
www.folsomjrbulldogs.com

#33 kaloo

kaloo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:11 AM

osborne court...our new local favorite, we are there every night...(no we are not stalkers just love how our kids eyes light up and smile while watching - they clap at the end of each song too - we live quite close too)

my son wants to know ...where you got those dancing, silly lights. he thinks they listen to our radio and dance to the beat. both our kids enjoy them tons. thanks for sharing and taking the time to make it special for the kids and the kids at heart.

what do your neighbors across the street have to say...do they mind the flashing lights? who came up with the layout? it's so classy and beautiful. very enjoyable.

#34 r&rbyrne

r&rbyrne

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(kaloo @ Dec 14 2006, 11:11 AM) View Post
osborne court...our new local favorite, we are there every night...(no we are not stalkers just love how our kids eyes light up and smile while watching - they clap at the end of each song too - we live quite close too)

my son wants to know ...where you got those dancing, silly lights. he thinks they listen to our radio and dance to the beat. both our kids enjoy them tons. thanks for sharing and taking the time to make it special for the kids and the kids at heart.

what do your neighbors across the street have to say...do they mind the flashing lights? who came up with the layout? it's so classy and beautiful. very enjoyable.

Be sure to tell your son thank you! The reason that we did this was two fold: My husband is a big kid at heart, and he really wanted the kids in the neighborhood to get that special holiday spirit - I think he attained his goal! We bought the lights at Target and Lowe's like everyone else, it's the software program that makes them dance and shimmer! In fact we didn't know what the lights were going to do until we plugged in and turned on the system.

As for our neighbors, they love it - be sure to come back next year, we're going wireless with more houses - the neighbors across the street plan to participating as well!

#35 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

Ledgemont out in Fair Oaks was AWESOME! Well worth the drive. We'll check out Osbourne this week too. smile.gif

#36 GrifnRob's mom

GrifnRob's mom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

What are the directions to Dovewood Court from Folsom? It's been a number of years since I've been and I just can't remember....old memory, young heart!

#37 GrifnRob's mom

GrifnRob's mom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(r&rbyrne @ Dec 15 2006, 10:35 PM) View Post
Be sure to tell your son thank you! The reason that we did this was two fold: My husband is a big kid at heart, and he really wanted the kids in the neighborhood to get that special holiday spirit - I think he attained his goal! We bought the lights at Target and Lowe's like everyone else, it's the software program that makes them dance and shimmer! In fact we didn't know what the lights were going to do until we plugged in and turned on the system.

As for our neighbors, they love it - be sure to come back next year, we're going wireless with more houses - the neighbors across the street plan to participating as well!

#38 GrifnRob's mom

GrifnRob's mom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

I just wanted to add my thanks to you and your family and wonderful neighbors. Your display is fantastic! My 15 year-old, who is at that age where anything his parents enjoy is uncool, is the one who told me about it and insists that I take him and a couple friends every single night! Thanks for the thoughtfulness and hard work!!

#39 r&rbyrne

r&rbyrne

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

Tonight we took the opportunity to videotape one of the songs that plays and load it up to You Tube. You can check it out here:

Enjoy!

#40 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(GrifnRob @ Dec 16 2006, 03:53 PM) View Post
What are the directions to Dovewood Court from Folsom? It's been a number of years since I've been and I just can't remember....old memory, young heart!

It's at Madison and Walnut (I'm pretty sure). Just go down Madison, from Folsom and it's on the right sometime before Bella Vista.

#41 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE(r&rbyrne @ Dec 17 2006, 09:24 PM) View Post
Hello Everyone,

Tonight we took the opportunity to videotape one of the songs that plays and load it up to You Tube. You can check it out here:

Enjoy!

Thanks - I put it on the front page of MyFolsom.com - well done!
Next year, do the roofs too!

#42 r&rbyrne

r&rbyrne

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(john @ Dec 17 2006, 11:17 PM) View Post
Thanks - I put it on the front page of MyFolsom.com - well done!
Next year, do the roofs too!

Hi John,

We didn't do the roofs this year because we have cement tiles - we were worried about cracking them. Next year, watch out! We've talked the neighbors into going in on a cherry picker rental!

Thanks for the posting!

#43 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:37 PM

Heh... just watch where you walk. When your trees get bigger you'll soon see you have to get up there just to clean out the gutters! They are more sturdy than you think. smile.gif

#44 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:20 PM

The Strand and Pebble Creek in Rocklin has got to be the best because of the number of homes in the neighborhood that do that....

If you want something local, check out the Willow Creek/Briggs Ranch area on December 24th because it will be luminary night then... and the whole area will have them along the streets... I think we are the only area doing that.... Big Valley Road... Willow Creek.... Bittercreek... Stoneyhill... etc...

#45 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(r&rbyrne @ Dec 17 2006, 09:24 PM) View Post
Hello Everyone,

Enjoy!

We found your neighborhood tonight and were so impressed!! My little ones loved it and my husband was totally inspired. Thanks for spreading the holiday spirit!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users