20 replies to this topic

#1 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Not mine but I love every true word of it.

Congratulations to the Democrats and Young People! You now own it. The next terrorist attack you own it. Can't get a job after graduation, you own it. Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama's EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it. A nuclear Iran, you own it. Bowing to the Soviet Union, you own it. Another severe recession, you own it. A volatile border with Mexico, you own it. Trouble getting good health care, you own it. Higher heath insurance costs and health care costs, you own it. No budget, you own it. Our allies mistrust, you own it. Another couple of trillion of debt, you own it. More Benghazi situations, you own it. No one willing to join the military, you own it. Trouble getting a loan to buy a home, you own it. More dependency on food stamps, you own it. Trouble finding good employment, you own it. Several part time jobs instead of a good job, you own it. A World Government, you own it. The UN governing the United States instead of ourselves, you own it. A Senate that will not bring any legislation to the table rather it is "Dead on Arrival", you own it. China controlling our world trade trampling all over us, you own it. Loss of our freedoms as we have known it in the past, you own it. A dictatorship instead of a democracy that follows the Constitution, you own it. Less take home pay and higher living costs, you own it. Driving a car that looks like a toy, you own it. More government corruption and lies, you own it. More toleration of extreme and fanatical Islamists, you own it. Terrorist attacks called work place incidents, you own it. Your revenge instead of love of country, you own it. President George Bush is out of it now, and there is not another good man for you to vilify and lie about. In a way I am relieved that another good man will not be blamed when it was impossible to clean up this mess you voted for. Have a good day. God bless the United States God is our hope now.

#2 Judge Smails

Judge Smails

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

#3 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

If one single dem dares blame Bush again, I'm going to label them certifiably insane. Can't blame Bush anymore, it's all on the dems and only the dems now.

Great post! Stay tuned for deflections and excuses anyways.

#4 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

No that's you during the next 4 years Pudge!

#5 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Spoken like a true dem - this is what we can expect from D.C. for the next 4 years. More deflections and excuses.

#6 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

If one single dem dares blame Bush again, I'm going to label them certifiably insane. Can't blame Bush anymore, it's all on the dems and only the dems now.

AS long as it is fair and balanced in the house and Senate without overt obstructionism by the Reps like the last 4 years ( and especially the last 2 years) I am pretty sure it will work out for the best of America...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#7 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Now don't encourage him... maybe if we do not respond to this type of nonsense it will all go away. At least he is not in denial that Romney lost like Alan West is of his position...

Does that mean the dems should not be responsible for what happens in D.C. over the next 4 years? I guess that would make sense, the dems are notorious for blaming everyone but themselves for the consequences of their own actions.

#8 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

AS long as it is fair and balanced in the house and Senate without overt obstructionism by the Reps like the last 4 years ( and especially the last 2 years) I am pretty sure it will work out for the best of America...

You sir, are delusional. The dem controlled SENATE has killed or refused to even address far more legislation than the rep controlled house. That is FACT. Obstructionism by reps? Puhlease.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#9 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Does that mean the dems should not be responsible for what happens in D.C. over the next 4 years? I guess that would make sense, the dems are notorious for blaming everyone but themselves for the consequences of their own actions.

I took my post down but guess you caught it in the mean time.
I fully expect the dems will take a full accounting for their actions and try to work with both houses to advance a bipartisan agenda in both houses.
WE need filibuster reform in the Senate and we need more cooperation in both the senate and house. Maybe since this is Obama's last term, the REPS in the house will be more willing to work for American than work for the Reps obstructive and divisive agenda...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#10 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I agree, but you cannot deny that Harry Reid is the king of obstructionism. I don't think anything will EVER be accomplished with that guy still around.

#11 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I took my post down but guess you caught it in the mean time.
I fully expect the dems will take a full accounting for their actions and try to work with both houses to advance a bipartisan agenda in both houses.
WE need filibuster reform in the Senate and we need more cooperation in both the senate and house. Maybe since this is Obama's last term, the REPS in the house will be more willing to work for American than work for the Reps obstructive and divisive agenda...

We do need filibuster reform. Reid has indicated he is thinking about it. He must also not limit amendments to bills. Bringing legislation to the floor should not be able to be filibustered, but then you cannot limit amendments.

#12 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

We do need filibuster reform. Reid has indicated he is thinking about it. He must also not limit amendments to bills. Bringing legislation to the floor should not be able to be filibustered, but then you cannot limit amendments.

Total disagreement. Bills should come to the floor clean without all the crap amendments and 'earmarks' that seem to creep in. They should vote up or down on the intent of a bill and not a lot of added on crap.

#13 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I wish I felt different, but I don’t think much positive will be done in the next four years.

What is not being looked at by the Obama admisistration, is the consequences of the actions they wish to take. These consequences would effect us all on an economic level.

Being an older person, I can tell you that preparing for a retirement where my husband and I can be responsible for our selves and not have to depend on government, is next to impossible.

Take IRA’s....the government allows you to save, but not too much to take you off the tax train. Even though you will pay taxes on that money when you take it out, they seem to want their taxes right now, not later. Even ROTH IRA’s have limits to what you can contribute each year. So, you are left with CD’s or Bonds. I don’t trust Bonds so have CD’s, but the CD’s don’t earn much. They are currently not even keeping up with inflation.

Then there is the deflated dollar that won’t buy as much as it did ten years ago. I worry that our dollars won’t be enough, after the deflation of currency, to take us through retirement. So what are us older people to do?

We’ve worked all our lives and now must look at a very sad situation when we retire. Health care will now cost us more ( due to Obama Care) and living expenses, due to inflation, will continue to increase.

It’s not a very nice looking future for us. The money we have put away, to travel and have a comfortable retirement, is now looking like it’s not going to be even comfortable, let alone, being able to travel.

#14 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Total disagreement. Bills should come to the floor clean without all the crap amendments and 'earmarks' that seem to creep in. They should vote up or down on the intent of a bill and not a lot of added on crap.

Like adding the tax hike for the rich into any Fiscal Cliff agreement like O is doing now?

#15 Carl G

Carl G

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

No amendments to bills? That could prevent compromise between the House and the Senate since many times the bills don't have identical language. Also, no amendments assumes that bills come to the floor in final form; they don't. Could you imagine what ObamaCare would like like without amendments? No amendments just isn't practical.

Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama's EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it.

It is starting. You own it!

Interior proposal would limit commercial oil shale development on federal lands in West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users