MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:57 AM

I used to use the old Black and Decker "Edge Hog" but it broke after three years. I liked using it except the blade was to short. My lawn is high (a lot of dirt showing) so I need a high blade.
Anyway I need a new lawn edger and I thought I would ask what you are using and what you like.

#2 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:59 AM

Hmmm....I use a weed whip to do my edging...maybe at the fair this weekend there will be parts for sale

#3 K Rat

K Rat

All Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Sep 16 2005, 10:57 AM)
  I need a new lawn edger and I thought I would ask what you are using

View Post

A guy named Pedro... whistle.gif

#4 Brett911

Brett911

Hall Of Famer

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:04 AM

weed whacker at 90 degrees
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know." -- Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

#5 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:18 AM

I use a noisy smokey Gas weed wacker turned up 90 degrees- Gaurd facing up- It is faster - better and does not take the occasional dings out of the concrete that steel blade edgers do.

Works Great--

I edge BEFORE I mow and then Blow to get everything on the lawn so I can collect it in the grass catcher...

Try it - once you get used to it , you will like it.

Cheers
Ken

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#6 TheCourtJester

TheCourtJester

OB/GYN/OMG/WTF/BBQ!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:32 AM

Whippersnapper.

Are there really gas-powered metal-bladed edgers? I can just imagine a chunck of metal flying out of it and into someone's leg...doesn't seem very "wise" to me.
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good you get, you'll never be as good as a wall.

#7 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Sep 16 2005, 10:57 AM)
I used to use the old Black and Decker "Edge Hog" but it broke after three years.  I liked using it except the blade was to short.  My lawn is high (a lot of dirt showing) so I need a high blade. 
Anyway I need a new lawn edger and I thought I would ask what you are using and what you like.

View Post

I also use the Edge Hog. I was going to suggest a new blade but I guess that won't work if it's broke! I also have a gas powered weed eater and have used that a couple times. I don't think it does as good a job as an edger.

#8 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(TheCourtJester @ Sep 17 2005, 03:32 AM)
Whippersnapper.

Are there really gas-powered metal-bladed edgers? I can just imagine a chunck of metal flying out of it and into someone's leg...doesn't seem very "wise" to me.

View Post

Yes there are. I just saw a guy here at work using one this morning as I drove in. I thought of this topic as I saw him.

#9 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(MSgt @ Sep 16 2005, 09:57 AM)
I used to use the old Black and Decker "Edge Hog" but it broke after three years.  I liked using it except the blade was to short.  My lawn is high (a lot of dirt showing) so I need a high blade. 

View Post

I've gone thru many edgers both electric and gas that have broken down - but the last one I got - a gas powered Toro edger has lasted and does an outstanding job.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users