30 replies to this topic

#1 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

The Folsom Police and Fire are on site. The third floor has been evacuated. They're still trying to figure out the substance inside. Two suspects have been detained.

My guess is meth. I saw two police cruisers jamming down East Bidwell when I was jogging this morning. Guess that's where they were headed.

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

http://www.kcra.com/...1z/-/index.html
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

"Hey, let's check into a hotel and make some meth!"

I'm naive. What does it take to make meth? Pots, pans? I guess its easier to rent a room that comes with a little kitchen, but doesn't meth smell when its cooking? I thought that was why these jerks usually picked a remote location.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#4 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

Just looked at the news.
The news reports that people smelled odors and when walking in; their throats were irritated. That means something pretty harsh.

Who would be stupid enough to cook up in a hotel?

Found this: "

The manufacturing process is usually conducted in but not limited to, rental properties, apartments, storage sheds, and hotel/motels. The dangers of these Clandestine Labs are not only to the cooks themselves but to the general public, and law enforcement. Clandestine Labs have been responsible for exposure by poisonous gases, and some have resulted in large fires. Loss of property is estimated in the millions and loss of life is all to common and the pain and suffering can not be measured."

http://publicsafety....ns/methhow.html

Posted Image

#5 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Tweakers are not known for being even remotely intelligent.

damn crack heads

Just looked at the news.
The news reports that people smelled odors and when walking in; their throats were irritated. That means something pretty harsh.

Who would be stupid enough to cook up in a hotel?

Found this: "

The manufacturing process is usually conducted in but not limited to, rental properties, apartments, storage sheds, and hotel/motels. The dangers of these Clandestine Labs are not only to the cooks themselves but to the general public, and law enforcement. Clandestine Labs have been responsible for exposure by poisonous gases, and some have resulted in large fires. Loss of property is estimated in the millions and loss of life is all to common and the pain and suffering can not be measured."

http://publicsafety....ns/methhow.html

Posted Image

They could save a lot of time and money by just snorting Comet Cleanser instead, its all a chemical cocktail.

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

I wonder if the hotel has insurance for being shut down for a while. I have heard that crack houses need special decontamination. Hopefully they can stay in Folsom for a few years, but in our more secure residential facilities.

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

I wonder if the hotel has insurance for being shut down for a while. I have heard that crack houses need special decontamination. Hopefully they can stay in Folsom for a few years, but in our more secure residential facilities.

ohhh- you made a funny!!

#8 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

ohhh- you made a funny!!

It's Monday. I do my best to smile as often as possible!

#9 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

From Fox40:

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-possible-hazmat-situation-at-folsom-marriot-20120618,0,6313103.story

Sacramento Firefighters and Folsom Police responded to a possible hazmat situation at the Marriott Residence Inn in Folsom. They were investigating a possible meth lab.

The hotel is on Iron Point Road near East Bidwell Street.

An employee of the hotel called police when he saw a hotel guest acting strangely in the lobby.
Be the first to know! Sign up for FOX40 breaking news alerts.

When police arrived, they found the man unconscious in the lobby and went to his hotel room. The room was open, and upon entering it, they found a woman inside and a pot burning on a stove. They believe meth was being cooked.

The substance in the pot is currently being tested for meth.

Since the chemicals that go into making meth can be explosive, the building was evacuated.

The man and the woman have been taken into custody. Their identity is currently unknown.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

I feel for the hotel guests that had to leave their rooms. The PD I saw racing up the road was a little after 6:30. Can you imagine being in town for business and figuring you'd be able to be rested and refreshed before heading out, but, nooo, you have to arrive with pillowhead seeing as you had grab your stuff and dress and brush your teeth in a restroom because a couple of skinheads decided to cook meth in the room next to you.

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

From Fox40:

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-possible-hazmat-situation-at-folsom-marriot-20120618,0,6313103.story

[b]When police arrived, they found the man unconscious in the lobby and went to his hotel room. The room was open, and upon entering it, they found a woman inside and a pot burning on a stove. They believe meth was being cooked.

either that or she's a really bad cook.

#12 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

latest update:
https://local.nixle..../?sub_id=682144

#13 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

latest update:
https://local.nixle.com/alert/4842496/?sub_id=682144

Here are the details:

Early Monday morning (June 18th, 6:20 am) Folsom Police officers responded to the Residence Inn located at 2555 Iron Point Road in Folsom regarding a suspicious person. When officers arrived they contacted 48 year old Christopher Neal of Folsom. Neal’s erratic behavior (waving his arms wildly, difficulty speaking, and difficulty staying awake) lead officers to believe he was either under the influence of a controlled substance, or having medical issues. The investigation lead officers to a room rented to Neal on the 3rd floor.

At Neal’s room, investigating officers found the door to be wedged open. With no answer from any occupants, officers entered to find Cheri Neal (49) trying to hide drug smoking paraphernalia. Soon after securing the room, the officers realized the Neals were cooking something in the suite’s kitchen. Officers became suspicious the Neals were heating and possibly manufacturing, drugs.

Officers evacuated the 3rd floor of the Residence Inn due to the obvious inhalation and health hazards posed from manufacturing controlled substances. A clandestine lab investigative team from the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department responded to conduct further investigation. They determined that while the Neals were heating Cocaine Hydrochloride (powder) on the stove, they weren’t actually changing it’s molecular properties, which would constitute the charge of manufacturing a controlled substance.

Christopher and Cheri Neal were arrested for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. They will be booked into the Sacramento County Jail on the charges.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#14 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Although I have heard of Meth being made in a lot of locations, including hotels - I have no clue as to how they do it or how long it takes to make a batch--- what is that batch worth compared the rate for the room ?

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#15 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Although I have heard of Meth being made in a lot of locations, including hotels - I have no clue as to how they do it or how long it takes to make a batch--- what is that batch worth compared the rate for the room ?

I'm not sure either. In this case, from the info jpow5 and Deb aka Resume Lady posted, it sounds like they were just using the room to party. If they lived in Folsom, why did they need a hotel room?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users