#1 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:52 AM

'Tis the season (already).

Each year, from pre-Halloween to Christmas, I make efforts to dodge those 4'-5' tall mechanical holiday characters -- the scary, cackling witches, the dancing santas, etc. It seems they have become common items in retail stores, including grocery stores. We avoid them while shopping because my young son is petrified of them.

Often these mechanical figures are tucked away in the holiday section, but just as often they are placed at the entrance to the store or in a random spot within the store. This makes avoiding the scary figures difficult. On more than one occasion we've been surprised, resulting in screams from my son and nightmares for a week.

So if you have a child who is frightened by these holiday decorations, heads-up if you shop at BelAire. There is a gruesome butler with a sinister laugh positioned at the end of the paper towel/tp aisle.

#2 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(forumreader @ Sep 16 2005, 07:52 AM)
'Tis the season (already).

So if you have a child who is frightened by these holiday decorations, heads-up if you shop at BelAire.  There is a gruesome butler with a sinister laugh positioned at the end of the paper towel/tp aisle.

View Post

Saw that yesterday - truly nightmare material. He sorta mutters and growls (though maybe his batteries were just low) and his eyes move around. The kids liked it, but it gave *me* the Heebie Jeebies.

I miss their talking deer head. Now that was cool thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#3 TheCourtJester

TheCourtJester

OB/GYN/OMG/WTF/BBQ!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:39 AM

A nice rubber mallet cleverly concealed will take care of those very quickly. tongue.gif

Or you could take the batteries out.

Only somewhat realated...but don't EVER go down the holiday deco aisle at a Walmart...or buy enything from them if you can help it...EVERYTHING is on the floor by 6 PM and only God known how many people have trampled (or various done gross things) them.
The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good you get, you'll never be as good as a wall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users