30 replies to this topic

#16 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 17 2005, 10:58 AM)
Life is cruel right now.  The weather is perfect and here we are imprisoned inside the house with Chris.  biggrin.gif

View Post

I found Dean to be alot happier when he is outside...

#17 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 17 2005, 11:58 AM)
Life is cruel right now.  The weather is perfect and here we are imprisoned inside the house with Chris.  biggrin.gif

View Post

Why? The fresh air would be good for Christopher and the walking in a stroller may lull him to sleep.

Is he fussy? Do you think he's having tummy trouble? Is your wife breastfeeding, and if so, is she watching what she eats and what may be upsetting his tummy? If she's not breastfeeding and you think his tummy is fussy, you may want to talk to the pediatritian about the formula you're using.

Is Christopher just a wakeful baby? Both of mine were wakeful, and until they could entertain themselves, I had to keep them entertained or they'd get fussy. I'd prop them near me so I could get something done, whether it was in their swing, carseat, etc. My babies both loved the rocking of the swing, and I'd often hang something in front of them (not within reach!) that would be interesting for them to look at -- wrapping paper, tupperware, ribbons, etc. It amazed me how much time I could buy while they studied these bright colors and patterns. I also carried them around the house with me in a front carrier (initially) and then later a backpack carrier. They wanted contact, and I needed to get things done -- so it was a win-win.

It's normal for a new mom to be tired and stressed out. Part of it is hormonal, part of it is lack of sleep, part of it is the new-found stress of not being able to do what you want when you want. Does your wife have the support of other women?

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#18 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:53 PM

Cyber,

I can hear some stress and frustration in your posts. I am worried about you and Mrs. Cyber!

First, remember you are not alone -- I think I told you when my baby was 6 weeks old, I burst into tears because she was crying and I didn't know what to do to make her stop. Things do get better as your baby becomes a better sleeper and you become more skilled at taking care of him... but it takes time.

I'm sure you are hearing a lot of advice right now, but I hope you will really listen to a couple points:

1. Your wife should try to get into a new mothers' group. Many hospitals offer these (try Mercy). Also, try Sierra Moms (I think they are sierramoms.org). For me, it made the world of difference to get together with other moms going through the same adjustments and frustrations.

2. Take the baby outdoors in the stroller -- around the block, to the store, wherever. I think you will find that your baby will enjoy it (babies like a change of scenery, too). Don't worry about germs -- your baby is not going to catch anything from the air. Just don't let a lot of people hold/breathe all over your baby.

3. Try to socialize with other people as much as you can. Believe me, people understand that babies cry -- you can still enjoy other adults' company. Heck, your wife can bring the baby over and visit me if she is looking for places to go! (PM me). Another good place to go is parks -- your wife will find that there is often a mom or two there who is ready for a chat.

Believe it or not, you guys are probably through the worst part of the sleeplessness and the crying. You are going to do okay! But it's definitely time to get little Christopher out into the world!!

#19 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:29 PM

thanx guys and gals. i was just kidding. i enjoy taking care of chris. he's definitely is getting less fussy, less crying, less unpredictable than his first 2 weeks. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

the scary part is that they all said chris look like me...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 17 2005, 10:58 AM)

View Post

#20 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 17 2005, 01:29 PM)
the scary part is that they all said chris look like me......  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

View Post

Don't tell me he is spending time at the gym already!!

That is scary for all of us...

#21 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:25 PM

neener.gif neener.gif neener.gif neener.gif neener.gif neener.gif
QUOTE(bordercolliefan @ Sep 17 2005, 04:03 PM)

View Post

#22 fantomu

fantomu

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:44 AM

hey if you lookin for a baby sitter ill do it for as cheap as $30 for 4hours $8 a hour after that. i am 18, very good at dealing with kids, can relate to things they are interested in. so send me a PM if yo parents interested.
게이머를 위한 인스턴트 메신저
user posted image

#23 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:47 AM

I am planning for him to hit the gym when he turn 12, karate, sports, and most of all academic. He will be chick magnet Jr. . biggrin.gif

QUOTE(bordercolliefan @ Sep 17 2005, 04:03 PM)

View Post

#24 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:41 PM

A smart, buff, Catholic, Republican Asian boy! Hmmmm.....sounds like someone I know...just can't put my finger on it. rolleyes.gif
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#25 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:22 AM

And cute too Yes, it's my Christopher. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE(tessieca @ Sep 18 2005, 03:41 PM)
A smart, buff, Catholic, Republican Asian boy!  Hmmmm.....sounds like someone I know...just can't put my finger on it.  rolleyes.gif

View Post

#26 nhardy

nhardy

MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 17 2005, 11:58 AM)

View Post

Bundle the kid up and go for a jog. Get yourself a good jogger and he'll love it. Enjoy it now while the kid still can't walk. After that it takes a little more creativity to get out for a run or hike.
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#27 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:42 AM

yes get out and walk! Walks always calmed my two down I walked so much I was known for it in the little town we moved from!

#28 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:56 AM

Right now we are so busy shuffling between Folsom and Elk Grove, and the kiddie is so young. I have to wait couple weeks.

#29 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

I must have missed something... why are you shuttling between Folsom and Elk Grove again? I thought that was just for the birth to be close to the hospital?
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

California's Economy: Too Big To Fail?

#30 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:58 PM

My in law are in Elk Grove. We are here so that they can help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users