Home Alarm System

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 (RodneyE)

(RodneyE)
  • Visitors

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:31 PM

Hi everyone I will be moving to Folsom in a few months and I was thinking of getting an alarm system. I saw a blog online from think protection that mentions that you would have to get in touch with an alarm company months in advance before you have the alarm system installed in your new home https://www.thinkprotection.com/blog/alarm-system/when-should-i-get-an-alarm-system-if-im-moving-in-a-few-months/ .  I was wondering if I could get it installed after I move in because I am a bit busy right now with a lot of things. Can anyone give me some suggestions and tell me which is better? Thanks

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

Welcome!  You can probably wait until you are moved in then call a company, unless you want it enabled on day 1.  Either way, I doubt it would take more than a week or two to get it scheduled and installed, not months.

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

I would wait as well as you might want to customize the details with the company. Also consider Wireless vs telephone wired if monitored... and see what they will offer on outside cameras... use one company against another to get a better price... 

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#4 DougP

DougP

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

Hi everyone I will be moving to Folsom in a few months and I was thinking of getting an alarm system. I saw a blog online from think protection that mentions that you would have to get in touch with an alarm company months in advance before you have the alarm system installed in your new home https://www.thinkprotection.com/blog/alarm-system/when-should-i-get-an-alarm-system-if-im-moving-in-a-few-months/ .  I was wondering if I could get it installed after I move in because I am a bit busy right now with a lot of things. Can anyone give me some suggestions and tell me which is better? Thanks

Sorry to be cynical, but a brand new account posting to a couple of very old threads followed by an oddly specific link to a specific product... 

Tell me please, what part of Folsom are you planning to move to and where are you coming from?

Folks in Folsom are incredibly welcoming and will go out of their way to integrate new families into the community, but your posts so far have been pretty suspicious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users