29 replies to this topic

#16 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Oh it was so nice to go for lunch today and have our regular salmon and pasta! Love the salad, love the pasta, love it all. So good to have you guys back in the lineup!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#17 folsomstrings

folsomstrings

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Our website should be up.... www.folsomstrings.com

#18 swmr545

swmr545

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

My husband liked that dish too. Maybe they can bring it back, even if it's not on the regular menu, maybe it could be a "seasonal special".

They said they could still make it but with a slightly different sauce.
"We must recognize that this short life can neither be ennobled or enriched by hatred or revenge."

RFK

#19 folsomstrings

folsomstrings

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

For those of you that have requested it.......our special this week is Shrimp and Sausage Fusilli

Kim

#20 Logan

Logan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

For those of you that have requested it.......our special this week is Shrimp and Sausage Fusilli

Kim

When Mimi's first opened in Folsom, I went there and ordered a shrimp and spaghetti dinner. it was loaded with shrimp and an OK marinara sauce. I went back a couple of months later and ordered the same dish and it had like only 25% of the amount of shrimp the first time had. I was highly dissappointed and I haven't ordered that dish again, not even sure if it even remains on their menu as I rarely go to Mimi's.

I would like to order a spaghetti with marinara and lots of shrimp. Are you open to orders that might be "off-menu" but use ingredients you already have available in your kitchen? i.e. If I was to order a spaghetti with marinara sauce (or maybe an Arrabiata sauce) with lots of shrimp, would you be able to serve me a dish I would love and want to return for more?

#21 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

Since we were discussing chain restaurants on another topic, I just wanted to throw in my recommendation for Strings.  Even though it is part of a franchised chain, it has all the atmosphere of a local, indie place.  The food is good, inexpensive, and the service is great.  We usually go on a  Saturday evening, and Garrett the server is awesome, providing the most attentive service.  Overall, I think the service is much better in this new location than in the previous.  Plus you no longer have to attempt a suicidal left or right turn exiting the Kohl's center to Riley :) 

With Strings, Sergio's, and Visconti's covering the wide spectrum of Italian-American food in town, I find no reason to eat at Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. 

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#22 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Since we were discussing chain restaurants on another topic, I just wanted to throw in my recommendation for Strings.  Even though it is part of a franchised chain, it has all the atmosphere of a local, indie place.  The food is good, inexpensive, and the service is great.  We usually go on a  Saturday evening, and Garrett the server is awesome, providing the most attentive service.  Overall, I think the service is much better in this new location than in the previous.  Plus you no longer have to attempt a suicidal left or right turn exiting the Kohl's center to Riley :)

With Strings, Sergio's, and Visconti's covering the wide spectrum of Italian-American food in town, I find no reason to eat at Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. 

I don't eat out often, but I think Macaroni Grill has good food (at least they used to).

For the best Italian food, we eat at home.  But I did like Visconti's the one time I was there.  I just don't like spending money.  I have never been to Strings or Sergio's.  Olive Garden is OK if you know what to expect.  It's Italian food for the American palate.

#23 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

We have gone to Strings quite a few times in the past, before they moved.

We always had good meals at Strings and use a 2 for 1 many times.

We have been going to Macaroni Grill and we have never had a bad meal there.

They even gave me a free meal on Veteran's Day. My wife asked if they would

do it and talked to the manager that was on and no problem.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#24 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

For Intel employees, you can get some pretty good discounts with your Passport (aka Vault card).  Sergio's and Visconti's offer a 2 for 1, or 20% dining alone or takeout.  Strings is 20% off.  For non-Intel foks, you can usually find coupons to these place online or in your junk mail. 

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

#25 2kids4me

2kids4me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

For Intel employees, you can get some pretty good discounts with your Passport (aka Vault card).  Sergio's and Visconti's offer a 2 for 1, or 20% dining alone or takeout.  Strings is 20% off.  For non-Intel foks, you can usually find coupons to these place online or in your junk mail. 

Great tip!  We LOVE Sergio's, but it's pricey, so this is great information since my husband works at Intel.  That's also great to know about Strings.  This might entice us to go back again.  

#26 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

It's nice that there are a variety of Italian (& other types of) restaurants in Folsom so there are options for most everyone. I didn't care for Sergio's or Olive Garden. I like Strings & MG. And I've never been to Visconte. I'm not a huge fan of italian especilly since I am no longer eating wheat. The non-pasta dishes are always way more expensive. 

#27 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

It's nice that there are a variety of Italian (& other types of) restaurants in Folsom so there are options for most everyone. I didn't care for Sergio's or Olive Garden. I like Strings & MG. And I've never been to Visconte. I'm not a huge fan of italian especilly since I am no longer eating wheat. The non-pasta dishes are always way more expensive. 

One thing I love about Strings is being able to get steamed veggies, which they will sub out for the pasta side dish.  so the salmon with the sides of veggies, nice big salad or soup, its about $14-$16.  not bad for a no-wheat dinner at an italian restaurant!

#28 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

One thing I love about Strings is being able to get steamed veggies, which they will sub out for the pasta side dish.  so the salmon with the sides of veggies, nice big salad or soup, its about $14-$16.  not bad for a no-wheat dinner at an italian restaurant!

That meal would be much cheaper at home. I would much rather go out to dinner for something I am unable/unwilling to make at home. 

#29 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

That meal would be much cheaper at home. I would much rather go out to dinner for something I am unable/unwilling to make at home.

That's true, if you are avoiding the wheat. But maybe if you were going out with other people, it would make an acceptable option. I bet Asian is a great option for those avoiding wheat.

#30 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I never have a bad meal at home. My wife is a great cook. The only reason we go out is that she gets a break from cooking once in awhile.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users