Just thought I'd throw that out there.

#2 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

thanks supermama. anymore details please provide. I will take my son if the traffics won't be as bad as last year.

#3 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

To avoid the traffic, take the shuttle. They were running them quite frequently last year, from the light rail parking lots. This year I think they intend to run them even more often.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

take light rail, it is so worth it...

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

Uh-- actually it starts at 9 am this week end. For anyone interested this whole week is Air Force week.

I'm gonna try to add the link. All kinds of interesting stuff going on this week.

http://www.beale.af....eweek/index.asp

scroll to Air Force brochure and click on it. kinda cool.

#6 ngilbert

ngilbert

Rainbow Bridge Troll

• Premium Member
  • 5,368 posts
  • Interests:filling out questionaires

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Jun 3 2007, 06:06 PM) View Post
thanks supermama. anymore details please provide. I will take my son if the traffics won't be as bad as last year.

Last year traffic was amazingly messed up. It was the day of my father's funeral, and many of the out-of-town guests were delayed because of the Blue Angel traffic. However, we kind of put it in perspective. For an old Chief, it was to be the last official time, in a long line of times, when a bunch of Navy officers screwed things up for him smile.gif

Hopefully they'll get the details worked out this time, if they learned anything last year.

"Here's the last toast of the evening: Here's to those who still believe. All the losers will be winners, all the givers will receive. Here's to trouble-free tomorrows, may your sorrows all be small. Here's to the losers: bless them all
Sinatra "Here's to the Losers"

#7 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

I couldn't resist commenting on this as my son is stationed at Beale AFB...please all go and have a great time but remember to bring some ear plugs for the little folks...those planes are really loud and fly low!!!
Enjoy!

#8 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

Some info from sacbee.com

http://www.sacbee.co...ory/204676.html

#9 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:33 AM

News 10 story.

http://www.news10.ne...x?storyid=28662

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#10 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

Yahoo News story

http://news.yahoo.co...ngapore_bras_dc
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#11 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

Is there a spot away from Mather where you might catch some of it? I was thinking the bluffs above Hazel, but that will probably be packed. I wonder whether you could see much from El Dorado Hills (certain parts).

There's going to be an F22 Raptor there. It's the most expensive plane ever built (watched a fascinating show on it this past weekend on the History Channel). $100 mill per plane, and they actually had to put inhibitors on the software, since the plane is capable of maneuvers that would tear the eyes and guts out of a pilot. They say this will be the last manned fighter, and that no one anywhere will attempt to match it this century.

However, they also said that cheap drones can be made that, when you put 100 of them against the F22, make the drones (UCAVs) a much more cost-effective and deadly options.

Any way you slide it, very cool stuff.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#12 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:16 PM

There will be a Global Hawk watching over the whole thing, too.

Then again, there's always a Global Hawk watching us. *looks up and waves*
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#13 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

5 THUNDERBIRDS FLEW OVER EMPIRE RANCH AT 9:50. Looks like from Beale to Mather.

#14 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Redone @ Jun 6 2007, 11:05 AM) View Post
5 THUNDERBIRDS FLEW OVER EMPIRE RANCH AT 9:50. Looks like from Beale to Mather.

Thunderbirds are due to start arriving today and tomorrow they will be doing drills over mather. If you get a chance come on out that way. Last year they were doing their supersonic stuff for more than a week before the show. Funny I haven't heard any yet.

I can't remember the name of the plane.. a something fortress.. is supposed to make an appearance. I hear it's privately owned now. That's kinda cool. I also saw some little fixed wings coming in early this morning. They have slightly altered the approach paths for some of the smaller planes. I wonder if it's because of how many of the planes are coming in, lately?

The sky has been really busy. Ya'all get a chance come on out.

#15 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Jun 6 2007, 11:40 AM) View Post
Thunderbirds are due to start arriving today and tomorrow they will be doing drills over mather. If you get a chance come on out that way. Last year they were doing their supersonic stuff for more than a week before the show. Funny I haven't heard any yet.

I can't remember the name of the plane.. a something fortress.. is supposed to make an appearance. I hear it's privately owned now. That's kinda cool. I also saw some little fixed wings coming in early this morning. They have slightly altered the approach paths for some of the smaller planes. I wonder if it's because of how many of the planes are coming in, lately?

The sky has been really busy. Ya'all get a chance come on out.

They are due to arrive later this afternoon or tomorrow early and I work 1 mile down and on Jackson Hwy and it's fabulous to watch them practice. Last year was awesome looking forward to the next few days of practice.

Does anyone know exactly what time they will perform on Saturday? I want to bring my kids down here to at least watch that part would like to know approximate time if anyone could let me know .... Thanks and have fun if you are going out to watch and see this awesome show...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users